And Now All I Want Is Cookies

by Courtney on May 15, 2012

Do you guys know what today is? I can’t believe I didn’t already know this…

It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

Thanks for the heads up, Monica. Winking smile

I’m super bummed that I literally just found out about this because now I have to go into work, yet all I want to do is stay home and bake chocolate chip cookies. Crap.

Well, in case you happen to have some free time on your hands this evening, feel free to try out some of my favorite varieties of Chocolate Chip cookie recipes:

Aaaaaand now all I want is cookies. Oooof.

Lunch

Since last night’s Chicken Caesar Burger recipe made four glorious servings, there was no question as to what was headed my way come lunch time.

I heated up a leftover burger, topped it with some light Caesar dressing, a sprinkle of freshly shredded parmesan, and served it over a bed of romaine.

On the side, I had a small serving of steamed carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli, also topped with a bit more of pretty parmesan.

And to finish things off with a bit of sweetness, I had a few chunks of a cantaloupe that I cut up earlier this morning.

It’s definitely a delicious cantaloupe…but it’s no chocolate chip cookie.

I’m off to work – hope everyone has a great night! And hey, have a cookie for me, would ya? Winking smile

1 Sana May 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Does eating fruit over a cookie officially make you an adult? I don’t think I am ready for that justttttt yet ;)
Sana recently posted..Crazy Final Exam Dreams

2 Courtney May 15, 2012 at 6:59 pm

If I had had a cookie, I would have eaten it. Trust me ;-)

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 15, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Unfortunatly I just found that out too! I was at a wedding this weekend and instead of cake they passed around warm chocolate chip cookies though, so I “celebrated” early! ;)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Mother’s Day at the Shore

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 15, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I don’t have any cookies, but I do have frozen yogurt that is cookies & cream flavor haha! I guess that will have to do! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Does anyone actually enjoy bathing suit shopping?

5 erica May 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm

oh, i have a bag of chocolate cookies at home! i think i’ll break it open today just for the occasion!
erica recently posted..present day

6 Maura May 15, 2012 at 7:47 pm

That’s so funny, because I literally just made a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough :) Your chicken caesar burgers sound awesome, we loved your chicken parmesan ones!!
Maura recently posted..Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Corn Salsa

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 15, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Woohoo! I just wrote a celebratory post myself!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chocolate Chip Recipe Round-Up

8 Anne May 15, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Oh my goodness. My fiance’s nickname for me is “cookie”…I sent him this info in hopes he’ll arrive home with a big cookie for me.

9 RunEatRepeat May 15, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I really think I need to try all your cookie recipes for “research” ;)
RunEatRepeat recently posted..I’m Trying

10 Lisa May 16, 2012 at 12:12 am

How do people find out about these awesome food holidays? I want in on that secret. Unfortunately, now I have no time to prepare any fun cookie recipes. Lame.

11 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life May 16, 2012 at 12:56 am

Why was I not told about Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! I want some right now!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Last Final WIAW

12 Khushboo Thadani May 16, 2012 at 1:34 am

Okay I had no idea either…clearly I need to make up for it today :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Wa’s gwannin in Guangzhou…

13 tinafreysd May 16, 2012 at 2:58 am

I really want to try this cookies sounds like good to eat..Thanks for sharing..
tinafreysd recently posted..Acne Scarring Treatment

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 16, 2012 at 7:23 am

I most definitely had a chocolate chip cookie last night for dessert! I’m glad that I remembered about it :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: How to Earn Money Through Surveys For Your Wedding…

15 Alysha @Shesontherun May 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

I have some bananas that are the perfect ripeness, so they oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are calling my name!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Best Healthy Food Apps for 2012

16 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 16, 2012 at 10:25 am

Mmm cookies! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Look At What’s In My Gym Bag

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 16, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious! I had no idea it was chocolate chip cookie day!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Excessive Snackage…