Fun & Funny Photo Shoots

by Courtney on May 19, 2012

Happy WEEKEND everyone!

Before we get into anything else…I realized late last night that I had totally forgotten to pick the three winners for the Bountiful Bread cakes giveaway (sorry!). So here we have it…your winners are lucky entry #’s 45, 61, and 75!

cakewin1cakewin2cakewin3

Congrats, ladies! Send me an email at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com so I can give you the info you’ll need for your free cakes. Smile

*****

And since we’re already on a roll with things I’ve been forgetting to tell ya about, let’s go ahead with another one.

By now, I’m sure many of you have noticed my new photo up here on the ‘ol blog…

photo

It was about time, considering the one that was previously up there was from my 26th birthday; nothin’ like living in the past, right?

Blog Phase 2

Although I do miss getting to look at that massive birthday cake… Winking smile

So a few weeks ago, when I found out that I had won the Fitness Magazine Fitterati Blog Award, I was also told that I’m going to be featured in an upcoming issue of Fitness Magazine (should be on newsstands toward the end of June…SQUEEL!!!!).

I figured that it’d probably be in my best interest to have a couple nice photos in the article, rather than one of these numbers…

For a few of the photos I submitted, I actually had Jay take them for me, and he was great. Remember the night we were out gallivanting around?

Well, we were actually having fun with our own mini photo-shoot. Talk about funny…

IMG_4009IMG_3976

But as for the headshot, I knew I wanted to the real deal, so I called up my friend Cara, who runs and operates Cara Olsen Photography.

caraolsen

Cara actually photographed our friends’ Sarah & Jeff’s wedding, and their photos came out beautifully, so I knew I was in good hands.

Cara’s work mostly focuses on children and families, but she also does engagements, weddings, various special events, and even something I had never heard of before…hospital visits, where she’ll actually come in for the birth of the baby. How neat is that? Her photos are seriously just gorgeous…

caraolsen1

When I called Cara, I was totally going out on a limb since I was only giving her about, umm, a day’s notice, but lucky for me she was available. I told her I didn’t want anything fancy, just a couple simple headshots, in and out in 20 minutes, quick and painless.

I met up with her after work one morning (I was actually wearing workout pants and sneakers with my plain white t-shirt) and we headed on over to The Crossings in Colonie (I’ve had some of you ask if that picture was taken in a cemetery…haha, no it wasn’t). We had so much fun just chatting and catching up that it made it seem like the photos were just an afterthought.

Temp

But in the end, she managed to somehow capture some great shots amidst all of our chatting.

I would totally recommend Cara for anything photography-related, so if you’re in the area and looking for a photographer, be sure to check out her website, Cara Olsen Photography, and her Facebook Page. She ROCKS!

*****

I’m headed out shortly for my friend Rachel’s bridal shower, which I know is going to have some yummy food, so I just made a quick and simple breakfast.

Whole wheat English muffin with PB + PB

Fresh cantaloupe

And coffee, of course.

Gotta run…can’t be late!

Have a great Saturday everyone Smile

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 19, 2012 at 9:50 am

as i mentioned already, love your new photo! the other ones turned out great too. photo shoots are always so much fun!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Healthy Living Pins

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 19, 2012 at 9:58 am

Those photos really did turn out beautiful! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Call for Answers

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 19, 2012 at 10:00 am

That’s so cool about the magazine – I’ll be looking for you!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Raspberry Chia Seed Jam

4 Cait May 19, 2012 at 10:03 am

bridal shower for me today as well..nice day!

5 Carissa May 19, 2012 at 10:10 am

I had noticed your new beautiful picture!! You can def tell that you used to model! :)
Carissa recently posted..5 Questions with Cait Plus Ate

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 19, 2012 at 10:15 am

You’re gorgeous, so of course all of your pictures are going to be gorgeous! ;) Love the new photo!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..What I’ve learned since being married.

7 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 19, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love the new photo!!

Just curious, what kind of whole wheat english muffin do you buy?
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Friday Favorites of the Week

8 Lindsey May 19, 2012 at 10:43 am

Great photos. I was thinking I need some professional ones done for my blog too!
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

9 Anne May 19, 2012 at 11:01 am

I absolutely love your pictures! They are gorgeous :)
Anne recently posted..Heather’s Shower

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 19, 2012 at 11:04 am

Love the new picture!

Have fun at the shower… I love shower food! haha
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Semi-Homemade Hot Pockets

11 Jolynn May 19, 2012 at 11:33 am

Congratulations on the spotlight in Fitness magazine! Quite an accomplishment!!
Jolynn recently posted..PB Cookies: Product Review

12 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 19, 2012 at 11:59 am

What cute photos! Have fun today!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Margherita Pizza

13 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm

aw, I love your photos! congrats on being featured in Fitness mag, that’s so awesome! Have a great weekend :)
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Hebron, Connecticut: Food, beer, and vanity plates

14 Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com May 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm

you look lovely in all of those photos, as usual! Have a lovely Saturday :)
Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com recently posted..Salad Beast.

15 Shannon May 19, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Congratulations on the spotlight in Fitness magazine. That is wonderful! All of your photos turned out to be awesome, and whatever one you will pick will look great in the magazine.

Have fun at your friend’s shower today! It’s a perfect day to have one, especially if it’s taking place outside. :)
Shannon recently posted..TCBY Mother’s Day Offer

16 Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog May 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

beautiful shots!
Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog recently posted..Bachelorette Recap Week 1

17 Jessica Kane May 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Beautiful headshots!

18 Khushboo May 19, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Stunning photos :-)
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorites

19 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony May 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Gorgeous pictures Courtney! Congratulations on Fitness magazine! What a huge accomplishment!
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Two Guys and a Girl

20 Stephanie @ StephSnacks May 19, 2012 at 3:11 pm

The photos look amazing, Courtney! And congrats on the Fitness magazine feature :)
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Tea Time

21 jeanne May 19, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Gorgeous pictures!

22 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife May 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Beautiful photos….but I like the jumping one the best :)
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Brooklyn Half Prep

23 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm

She looks like such a great photographer! I do like the dunkin one as well though :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Will You Be My Maid of Honor?

24 Lisa May 19, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Beautiful photo! I can’t believe people thought it was taken in a cemetery haha, I don’t see it? That is so unbelievable incredible that you will be in the magazine! Congratulations again on the win, you totally deserve it!
Lisa recently posted..Sweat It Out

25 erica May 20, 2012 at 5:24 am

those photos are great! :) that photo of the 2 little girls in the boots is so adorable!
erica recently posted..{birthday trip}: sunday funday

26 Cara May 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Thanks so much for the fabulous write-up my friend! You made my job easy to say the least… how can images not come out well when they are of someone as fabulous as you??? :) So happy for your Fitness mag win… well deserved for sure!! Hope to see you soon!!
xoxo
Cara recently posted..My Little Sister is Having a Baby!!!