Rachel’s Bridal Shower

by Courtney on May 19, 2012

Rachel’s bridal shower was a success!

We (the bridal party) all got there earlier this morning to set up and get things ready for the bride-to-be. Luckily, there really wasn’t all that much for us to do, since the venue did a wonderful job of getting everything organized and put together.

We took care of the centerpieces for the tables, put out the mini picture frames filled with pictures of the two lovebirds as favors, and set up the cupcake table…

Remember how I said I had a little bit of baking to do the other day?

It was a surprise for Rachel, so I didn’t want to say anything on here in case she was reading, but I offered to bake the cupcakes for today’s big event. I kept the flavors simple: vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and Oreo cake with a new kind of frosting that tasted pretty darn similar to the inside of an Oreo.

I was also psyched to have found these interlocking hearts at the store, which matched perfectly with her theme for the wedding. So fun!

Shortly after we finished setting up, our guest of honor arrived and was smiling from ear to ear.

I just love her. Smile

We started out by playing a few fun games, one of which entailed Rachel having to guess various answers that her fiancé, Steve, gave on some questions we asked.

Obviously, she didn’t quite agree with some of his answers. Winking smile

Afterward, we sat down to a delicious brunch of scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, French toast, fresh fruit, bagels, and pastries.

My plate.

Oh yes…and there were mimosas. And they were deeeeelicious.

After brunch we played a few more games and then it was time to open gifts.

The bridal party all surprised Rachel with a gift that she thought she wasn’t going to be able to get for another month or so and, as you can see, she was a little surprised.

We all got her her Fingerprint Guest Tree Print for the wedding, courtesy of our talented friend, Christina. You may remember her work making an appearance here on STSL a couple of times.

Christina did an awesome job of incorporating all of the things that Rachel wanted on her tree print and I know it’s going to look awesome once it’s all “fingerprinted” after the wedding.

After the gifts were open, it was time to dig into some cupcakes!

I opted for a vanilla, but I got good feedback on the Oreo ones too, thank goodness…I always get nervous when my cupcakes are being eaten at an event that I’m actually attending.

The Bridal Party – who seriously can’t wait to party it up in just a couple short months!

So much fun today with the girlies…now it’s time to go get ready and head out for the evening. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

1 Linda May 19, 2012 at 5:49 pm

That finger print tree is an amazing idea!! Thanks!

2 Shari May 19, 2012 at 5:53 pm

What a lovely shower (and wow, those cupcakes look DELICIOUS!)! :)
Shari recently posted..Chapter by Chapter.

3 Sana May 19, 2012 at 5:59 pm

The shower looks soooo lovely :)
Sana recently posted..A View From My Window

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate May 19, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Your cupcakes look incredible, so pretty and perfect! Looks like you had a great girly day!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Feeling my spices

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 19, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Fun! I love bridal showers … good food, good friends, and lots of laughter! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..What I’ve learned since being married.

6 Shannon May 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm

That bridal shower looked like a lot of fun. The cupcake stand made me smile. She’s so lucky to have a good friend like you! I could go for a vanilla or Oreo cupcake right about now… ;)

Where did she (and you) get your dresses? They’re beautiful.

7 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Rachel got her dress from The Limited and I actually got my dress about 3 years ago from Boscov’s

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 19, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Looks like such a fun shower! And those cupcakes look amazing – oreo cupcakes?!?!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Call for Answers

9 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter May 19, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Aww, what a fun day! :) I want a cupcake now. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Vacation Talk :)

10 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 19, 2012 at 11:30 pm

oh man what a fun day, for reals! And you seriously did a beautiful job with the cupcakes and they look really prettyyyy……love the wrappers! :) *sigh* this makes me wanna get a bridal shower and a wedding all over again. haha! Do you get that feeling often too?!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Cajun Spice Tuna Steak Recipe [A Trio of Dishes]

11 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yes, ALL the time! Minus the planning part…I just want the party again :)

12 Khushboo May 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm

soubds like such a fun day and I’m loving your dress :)
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorites

13 Lisa May 20, 2012 at 12:24 am

Love the design that is beautiful. Your cupcakes look amazing too! The shower looks like a ton of fun, how could it not be when your with your friends, food, and mimosas! ;)
Lisa recently posted..Sweat It Out

14 Paul H May 20, 2012 at 1:16 am

I really liked the cup cakes….(:
You all enjoyed very much and great photos with cool dresses !
Paul H recently posted..India ETFs List

15 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 20, 2012 at 6:23 am

Aw, looks like such a fun time! Your cupcakes look AMAZING too!!
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Hebron, Connecticut: Food, beer, and vanity plates

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 20, 2012 at 8:01 am

The bridal shower looks beautiful!

And the Oreo cupcakes sound fantastic; I’m sure they were a hit!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Semi-Homemade Hot Pockets

17 Linz @ Itz Linz May 20, 2012 at 8:37 am

GORGEOUS! this looks like a mini-wedding!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..The 5K That Wasn’t

18 JJ May 20, 2012 at 8:57 am

I love your dress and the black V neck with white belt and black high neck on the right! Can you share brands or shopping info? Thanks!

19 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Thanks! I’m not sure where the black dress with the belt came from, but I know I actually got my dress about 3 years ago from Boscov’s. Totally forgot I even had it, in fact :)

20 Danielle May 20, 2012 at 9:48 am

The shower looks so great! I love the cupcakes, they look fabulous, and so professional! You need to start your own cupcake business and I want one of them right now :) They’re so pretty! Love the hearts on top!

21 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Haha, thanks Danielle!

22 Farrah May 20, 2012 at 11:23 am

Where did you have the shower? It was so pretty!

23 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Normanside Country Club in Delmar – it’s beautiful there!

24 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony May 20, 2012 at 11:24 am

I love the idea of the fingerprint tree! Your cupcakes looks delicious too! So glad you had a fun time. :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Ghost Gym

25 Maddy May 20, 2012 at 11:28 am

SO FUN!!! LOVE it!
Maddy recently posted..Lindsay of Lean Green Bean: Blend Retreat

26 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm

What a fun shower and the cupcakes look to die for!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Grilled Cheesy Jalapeno Peppers

27 Karen May 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm

The cupcakes look delicious! My bridal shower was yesterday too! We also had plenty of cupcakes and mimosa’s it was a beautiful day filled with love and sugar :)

28 Courtney May 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Awww how fun! Congrats :)

29 Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com May 20, 2012 at 1:22 pm

your cupcakes look beautiful and so do you! I’m glad you had a great time :)
Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com recently posted..Salad Beast.

30 Monique May 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Your cupcakes look really pretty!! What do you use to ice them?

31 Katy May 20, 2012 at 2:19 pm

The decorations look great! I love that picture frame idea. I am planning a friend’s shower in July and I need all the tips I can get :-)
Katy recently posted..Run Katy Run! My First 5k

32 Tori May 20, 2012 at 3:52 pm

My best friend got married in December and she had the tree with the fingerprints as her guestbook. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! It looked amazing and will definitely be a cherished item.

33 Leah @ DeLeahLicious May 20, 2012 at 11:21 pm

My bridal shower is coming up soon! This made me really excited. :)
PS-you are in a TON of weddings!
Leah @ DeLeahLicious recently posted..Wedding Updates

34 Courtney May 21, 2012 at 8:32 am

Hahaha, no kidding! ;)

35 Katrina May 21, 2012 at 9:30 am

Do you plan to share the Oreo Frosting recipe? It sounds like something I’d love to try!

36 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 21, 2012 at 9:39 am

I’m getting married on July 14 too, and my bridal shower was on Saturday :). I love the fingerprint tree!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Adventures in Substitute Teaching

37 Trudy May 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Oh funny! I’m getting married the same day! I was reading on the tree and was thinking…wait a minute…

Looks really great though :)