A Dinner Favorite: Pizza On The Grill

I really don’t think I can put into words, just how much I love pizza on the grill.

A couple of weeks ago, Jay finally broke down and bought a new grill (our old one was just that…OLD…and about to bite the dust). The two of us have been looking for excuses to use it as much as possible ever since, so when the idea of pizza came up for dinner tonight, I knew exactly how to cook it.

We followed our usual methods, and ended up splitting the dough into two to make for easier transfers from grill to cookie sheet.

On the Left: Italian-style diced tomatoes, grilled chicken, peppers, onions, mozzarella and parmesan cheese

On the Right: marinara sauce, peppers, onions, cheddar, parmesan and mozzarella cheese

Gotta love that nice crispy crust…grilled to perfection.

I went for one slice of the marinara pizza (we cut 6 slices) and two slices of the tomato, chicken, and veggie pizza (we cut 8 slices). We weren’t exactly sure how the cheddar cheese would pan out on the pizza, but it’s all we had so we went for it. Surprisingly, it was actually really good.

But my favorite was still the one with the diced tomatoes.

There’s just something about homemade pizza with diced tomatoes that I can’t get enough of…it’s my absolute favorite.

Lucky for us, we’ve got plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. Wheeeeee Smile

Time to go clean up the dishes get ready for the week ahead…hoping to have a couple new workouts headed your way this week. Any requests?

Enjoy the rest of your evening, everyone!!

1. Emily S says

Workout request: anything to target the under arm area?!

We grilled too- but it was interrupted because our dog ate the (raw) burgers I had (covered) on the counter while we were both outside setting up the grill. Ugh… quick trip to the store!

Ah, I know what you mean! Pizza on the grill is far better than pizza in the oven. We almost made pizza on the grill tonight but opted for Salmon instead. But it’s definitely on the menu this week!
    Lauren recently posted..A Perfect Mix

3. Kathryn says

What grill did you end up going with? My husband and I are trying to buy one but there are so many different brands/kinds.

4. Karina says

Looks delicious!! How about a workout that kills your butt! Maybe incorporate plyo/cardio butt work mixed with weights/etc exercises? Always looking for new ones! Love your workouts:) Thanks!

This looks so good! I have actually never tried grilled pizza. I just wouldn’t have thought to grill it ever, but it looks absolutely perfect. I’m going to need to try this out sometime this summer!
    Lisa recently posted..Sweat It Out

6. liz says

This looks good! I’ve been wanting to try grilled pizza, any tips? How long did it cook for and did it stick to the grates of the grill at all? Thanks!

7. Jennifer says

The grilled pizza looks delish! I haven’t tried that for a long time…need to do it again soon! As for the exercises….I’m with Karina on this one….how about some killer thigh and butt exercises….incorporating cardio/plyo with strength training. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for us!

8. Kathryn L says

What kind of pizza dough to you use? I tried this a couple weeks ago and it was a disaster! The dough was too “gooey” to work with.

9. Meghan says

Workout Request: LEGS!!!! Namely that pesky area right below your rear that isn’t really your thigh but isn’t really your butt… oh and inner thighs :)

10. Carly says

So jealous! I love grilled pizza; that’s funny about the cheddar because once a cooking demo I went to it was an owner of a pizza parlor and he said that people love the cheese blends when you mix cheddar in! He was saying how Italians might be offended though(: haha