I’ve Been Missing Out

Tonight’s dinner was, hands down, the best thing I’ve eaten all day. So simple, yet so incredibly delicious and satisfying…and WOAH, talk about filling!

As soon as I got home from my afternoon shift, I got right to work on getting dinner ready. I was on my own, since Jay had to work late, so I knew I could have whatever the heck I wanted. Sometimes, I like having that option. Smile

The first part of dinner included a fresh, veggie salad complete with romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, baby carrots, onions, pickles, edamame, and a drizzle of Italian dressing.

The edamame (which I have in the freezer and just cooked up quick in the microwave and shelled) was a great addition. I’ve totally been missing out!

Along with my salad I cooked up a huge sweet potato (microwaved for 2 minutes, coated with spray butter, salt, and pepper, then cooked in the oven for about 20 minutes). I’ve recently seen a few of you out there top your sweet ‘taters with peanut butter and I’ve been slightly intrigued…so I went for it.

Ummm, okay…you folks are SMART. Looks like there’s two things I’ve been missing out on!

Totally lovin’ this combo…so much so that I wound up eating the entire thing, rather than saving half like I was originally planning (it may not look big, but I promise, it was a beast).

I really did not need the whole thing, and now my tummy is giving me a nice, constant little reminder of that…oh yeah, and Cody is totally judging me too.

Ahh well…at least it wasn’t something like cupcakes, right? Winking smile

Either way, it was totally delish, and also a perfect meal idea for those of you who may like to partake in Meatless Monday too. Woop!

I’ve got lots to do tonight…got some things coming up…some ideas happening…some new stuff on the horizon…lots of excitement, indeed!

Question for the Evening:

Are there any particular foods that you have a hard time “holding back” on? (i.e., you plan to save half but, umm, whoooops.)

Comments

1. briana says

I have a yummy cupcake to eat tonight, so I’m sticking to salad for dinner! The salad will definately be giant though!

This is the first time I’ve heard of putting peanut butter on sweet potatoes but I love peanut butter and I love sweet potatoes so why not combine them! I just bought 2 sweet potatoes at the grocery store today so I might have to try this!

Can’t wait to try the sweet potato and peanut butter combo! We go to a restaurant here that makes a killer salad with grilled chicken, edamame, and fresh mozzarella. So good!
    I have a hard time holding back on these homemade oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies I just recently got the recipe for. I have a couple, but then I dream about them, so into the freezer they go!
    Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..I Killed It

Okay, you’re not alone; I’ve never had sweet potatoes with PB, either! Might have to try that tonight. :-) I was looking for something creative, so thanks! As far as what I can’t hold back on…Salty snacks! I rarely eat them, but when I do, I just can’t get enough cheesy crackers, chips, or pretzels.
    Julie recently posted..Summer Style

5. Kattreena says

Glad you tried this and loved it! I don’t know how I went so long without topping my sweet potato with pb! It’s also delish with raisins and granola added to the pb! :)

6. Karleen curran says

I have a huuuuuuuuge sweet tooth. I can ‘hold back’ on frozen yogurt. When I’m feeling especially ‘weak,’ I have to reroute my drive home to avoid my favorite froyo place! Bad I know:/

7. Haley B says

Sweet potato + peanut butter? That sounds like something I definitely need to try. I LOVE sweet potatoes, but I usually top them with cinnamon and soy sauce. Is that weird?

As for food that makes me lose self-control…any chocolate candy.

Yesss for that combo! I recently got on the bandwagon with roasted kabocha squash & almond butter and it really is unbelievably delicious! Lately I’ve been ending my night with a bowl of yogurt & almonds and I almost always (scratch the almost bit) go back for seconds :)!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..To eat or not to eat?

I LOVE sweet potatoes but I don’t have the guts to put PB on top – I like it simple with a little butter, salt and pepper. I have a super hard time with cake and keeping it to one slice. I’m the type of girl to take little “side cars” when they really add up to a whole piece.
    Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Weekend Update

Okay so I had no idea what to eat last night, and then I read your blog, and then I tried it … how have I never tried sweet potato w peanut butter?!! It is soooo good! Definitely going out today to buy more sweet potatoes! Thanks for sharing :)
    Amy recently posted..What I Munched on Monday

I love edamame on salad. You can also buy the frozen kind already shelled. I just run it under warm water for a minute or two in a colander to thaw and then it’s ready for salads or snackin’!
    Shana recently posted..Blog Break

12. Vanessa G says

I just had a sweet potato with pb 5 min ago!! Yummy!! I’m glad you finally tried it. I eat bug salads and potatoes(sometimes sweet, sometimes russett). It is filling and soooo good! I have a hard time holding back on any kind of food. So, whatever I put on my plate, I eat. I just make sure that I don’t put too much. :)

Chocolate cream pie- I always, always, always say that I’m just going to have a couple slices and leave the rest for another day. A day passes by and the majority of the pie is gone…by me. :)

Trackbacks