Randomness of Real Facts

by Courtney on May 23, 2012

Hey, friends! What’s shakin’?

So glad you guys are enjoying the new walking workout. If anyone decides to give it a go soon, let me know what ya think.

You haven’t missed too much on the food front over here today. Breakfast was a quick throw together of this before work, which was delicious, as always. There was a piece of banana bread thrown into the mix around mid-morning, and a little while later, I put together this thing of beauty.

I swear, I could eat a yogurt bowl with fresh berries and granola every day for the rest of my life.

I also decided to try out a peach passion fruit tea from Snapple that I got for a bargain at the store the other day (on sale + a coupon, baby!).

I used to drink Snapple ALL the time in high school and college and was pretty much addicted to the diet raspberry iced tea, diet peach iced tea, and the half and half varieties (oh, that half and half is just SO good!). I try not to buy it too often now because of all the artificial sweeteners (and for my wallet’s sake), but this new “Lightly Sweetened” variety definitely caught my attention.

It’s sweetened with “just a touch” (as they say) of real sugar, and I really think it gives it the perfect amount of sweetness. Plus, I can deal with 80 calories in the bottle in place of a boatload of the artificial crap.

Hey, did ya know that flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down?

I’ve always loved the randomness of the Snapple Real Facts. Winking smile

Jay and I are headed out to Joe & Kate’s house for dinner tonight, so I’m pretty excited for that. It seems like ages ago since we last saw them! I also cooked up a delicious batch of brownies for the occasion, which I’m really looking forward to digging in to.

Odds & Ends before signing off…

• Take a minute to check out my interview over on the Healthy Page website!
  • SOYJOY will be holding a Summer Workouts themed Twitter party tomorrow, 5/24, at 3pm EST/12pm PT. Feel free to join in and be entered to win a box of SOYJOY! Just be sure to follow @SOYJOYUS and include #tweetJOY in your tweets.
  • I’m in the market for a new laptop and am currently trying to decide between two models: This HP model and this Lenovo model. If anyone has any tips/feedback/advice on either one, I’m all ears…I hate buying electronics.

Have a great night everyone…season finale of Modern Family is on tonight!! Smile

1 Lindsey May 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Okay, I said about a month ago to my husband when he bought Snapple, they need to make a lightly sweet version, with real sweetener vs Splenda or whatever. And they do make it! Not sure we have it in Canada yet but I am watching now!
Lindsey recently posted..Victoria Day Happenings

2 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 23, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Have you looked into Toshiba? I feel like they have a better track record than HP but it all depends what you’re looking for.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..First Times That Keep Happening

3 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction May 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The Snapple looks delicious :) I love the facts on the bottom. Have you noticed how big the strawberries are at Price Chopper lately? They are delicious too.

We have a Lenovo and love it. My husband is a big fan of IBM products because he went to RPI and that is what they had students use. His lasted over 6 years which was a lot longer than my Dell. My mother-in-law has a HP that we got her a year or so ago and that is nice too. I love HP printers, but I guess it all depends on which product you favor.

4 Courtney May 24, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh my gosh, YES! The strawberries are AMAZING!!

5 A.V. May 23, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I second StoriesAndSweetPotatoes advice when it comes to computers. I had a HP for 3 years while I was at college at Saint Rose and I had to send it in for repairs every 6 months or so. Although the repairs were covered under the extended warranty I bought, I was still without a computer for 1-2 weeks each time. The last time my HP broke it was beyond repair, so I had to buy a new laptop. After consulting with my friends and some “experts”, I went with a Toshiba. I had my Toshiba for about a year now and haven’t had a single problem! Works well and can handle multiple programs at once. And I started grad school this past year, so it’s handled long nights of work!

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 23, 2012 at 7:03 pm

i have a Lenovo laptop and LOVE it. it was reasonably priced, got great reviews from everything i’ve read and everyone i’ve talked to, and i haven’t had any issues with it. i am not a fan of buying electronics either… i’m clueless! thank goodness for the nice guy at best buy. good luck!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #35: Traditional Eats With A Healthy Spin

7 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 23, 2012 at 7:05 pm

P.S. my husband and parents haven’t had good luck with HPs at all… they crashed within a year or so and have had constant problems. just fyi!

8 Molly L. May 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hey Ashley- which Lenovo do you have? I’m actually in the process of researching and buying one right now and I’d love your recommendation. Also, did you go with a new or refurbished one? Thanks!

9 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

i have the Lenovo B570, and i bought it brand new. it’s nothing fancy schmancy but it works great for what i need it for.

10 Molly L. May 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Awesome, thanks!!!

11 michelle kim May 23, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I love Modern Family! I definitely will be watching that tomorrow (on Hulu) while I do some kind of workout :)
michelle kim recently posted..Nauseous and Lightheaded

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 23, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit for life- I could handle that too! :) …with some honey just to add to the deliciousness!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I can’t wait to be a mom….

13 Shannon May 23, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I’m so excited for Modern Family season finale; are Dylan & Hailey moving in together? Are Mitchell & Cameron getting a baby boy?!? I’m so excited to see what happens. There’s not a minute in that show where I laugh out loud hysterically. They have the best cast (and so does The Middle). :)

I love random facts- Nantucket Nectars jars have those too. I’m wondering how you can eat with your head upside down? Talk about uncomfortable. It must be instinct for them. That’s going to bug me all night.

Have a happy Wednesday!

14 Alaina May 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I used to collect the Snapple caps! I had so many that I mailed them in and got a metal lunch box with a picture of Gizmo on it. Haha.
Alaina recently posted..Almost There

15 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 23, 2012 at 7:52 pm

dang, flamingos are crazy cool! never heard of that fact before~sometimes I wonder if they’re even true, lol :P OoOoo! I have an HP and I love it! Although the battery has been dead for a while (need to buy a new one) and I have to use it while it’s plugged, it still works well! *knock on wood*
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Green Onion and Spinach Quiche for One

16 Aria May 23, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I have an HP and love it! It’s about 4 years old now and runs really well still – especially for being a laptop. That’s my vote :)

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I just bought some fresh organic granola at a farmers’ market last weekend, and it has made me want to eat yogurt with granola every day, multiple times a day! Sooo much more delicious than store bought!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Arnold Palmer vs. Orange Creamsicle

18 Stephanie @ StephSnacks May 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I totally love Snapple! I used to be a total junkie but have definitely cut back.
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

19 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third May 23, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I tried that Snapple this past weekend actually! I really liked it, but for the most part I stick to plain old water (with the occasional glass of wine thrown in there of course)! Enjoy your brownies and friends! :)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..W.I.A.W: Birthday Dinner!

20 Sara @ RunnerWife May 23, 2012 at 8:35 pm

That looks delicious! I was just at the store tonight looking at some of their diet teas. I want to try them but passed it up this time. Have a great time tonight!
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Shredded

21 Lauren May 23, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Ohhh, I definitely say Mac’s when it comes to laptops but that is just because I’m 100% apple girl all the way. :)
Lauren recently posted..Sorry I’m Not Sorry

22 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 23, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I totally agree. I have everything apple after every windows computer I got would crash. I have a mac book that i bought in ’07 that runs like a champ!!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #3

23 Megan@ The Running Doc May 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I love the idea of “lightly sweetened” drinks. Fully sweetened is normally just too much for me, that’s why I like crystal light! I personally have a Dell laptop but Lenovo is the brand that everyone uses at my work and people love them!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Office Favorites

24 Emily May 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

i’d really advise against the hp, i had that exact model and had a ton of problems with it. not too sure about the lenovo though
i’d recommend a dell or a toshiba, i have a toshiba now and it’s absolutely fantastic (i have the satellite z830)

25 Lisa May 24, 2012 at 12:10 am

I like the sounds of that snapple. And your breakfast looks so pretty outside by the flowers! Love. I am a total Mac girl, never going back to a PC again. I just love it.
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #9

26 Khushboo Thadani May 24, 2012 at 12:45 am

I used to be a BIG Diet Coke drinker but gave it up cold turkey on Jan 1st this year…..haven’t looked back yet and can’t believe how many artificial sweeteners I used to drink! If I’m craving a fizzy drink, I rather drink the calories than sweetners now!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Just my cup of tea

27 Nicole May 24, 2012 at 12:53 am

I agree, I LOVE yogurt with granola and berries! I think I actually do eat a yogurt bowl almost every day :)
Nicole recently posted..Eating Pizza Before Noon

28 Jill May 24, 2012 at 9:59 am

I have an HP laptop and LOVE it. Not sure if it’s the exact one you linked to but it looks similar. It’s fast and sleek and we haven’t had one problem with it. We’ve had it for over a year now.
Jill recently posted..Clean Closet!

29 Nicole May 24, 2012 at 11:28 am

Is there a brownie recipe to share?? :) :) :)