Randomness of Real Facts

Hey, friends! What’s shakin’?

So glad you guys are enjoying the new walking workout. If anyone decides to give it a go soon, let me know what ya think.

You haven’t missed too much on the food front over here today. Breakfast was a quick throw together of this before work, which was delicious, as always. There was a piece of banana bread thrown into the mix around mid-morning, and a little while later, I put together this thing of beauty.

I swear, I could eat a yogurt bowl with fresh berries and granola every day for the rest of my life.

I also decided to try out a peach passion fruit tea from Snapple that I got for a bargain at the store the other day (on sale + a coupon, baby!).

I used to drink Snapple ALL the time in high school and college and was pretty much addicted to the diet raspberry iced tea, diet peach iced tea, and the half and half varieties (oh, that half and half is just SO good!). I try not to buy it too often now because of all the artificial sweeteners (and for my wallet’s sake), but this new “Lightly Sweetened” variety definitely caught my attention.

It’s sweetened with “just a touch” (as they say) of real sugar, and I really think it gives it the perfect amount of sweetness. Plus, I can deal with 80 calories in the bottle in place of a boatload of the artificial crap.

Hey, did ya know that flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down?

I’ve always loved the randomness of the Snapple Real Facts. Winking smile

Jay and I are headed out to Joe & Kate’s house for dinner tonight, so I’m pretty excited for that. It seems like ages ago since we last saw them! I also cooked up a delicious batch of brownies for the occasion, which I’m really looking forward to digging in to.

Odds & Ends before signing off…

• Take a minute to check out my interview over on the Healthy Page website!
  • SOYJOY will be holding a Summer Workouts themed Twitter party tomorrow, 5/24, at 3pm EST/12pm PT. Feel free to join in and be entered to win a box of SOYJOY! Just be sure to follow @SOYJOYUS and include #tweetJOY in your tweets.
  • I’m in the market for a new laptop and am currently trying to decide between two models: This HP model and this Lenovo model. If anyone has any tips/feedback/advice on either one, I’m all ears…I hate buying electronics.

Have a great night everyone…season finale of Modern Family is on tonight!! Smile

Okay, I said about a month ago to my husband when he bought Snapple, they need to make a lightly sweet version, with real sweetener vs Splenda or whatever. And they do make it! Not sure we have it in Canada yet but I am watching now!
    Lindsey recently posted..Victoria Day Happenings

The Snapple looks delicious :) I love the facts on the bottom. Have you noticed how big the strawberries are at Price Chopper lately? They are delicious too.

We have a Lenovo and love it. My husband is a big fan of IBM products because he went to RPI and that is what they had students use. His lasted over 6 years which was a lot longer than my Dell. My mother-in-law has a HP that we got her a year or so ago and that is nice too. I love HP printers, but I guess it all depends on which product you favor.

3. A.V. says

I second StoriesAndSweetPotatoes advice when it comes to computers. I had a HP for 3 years while I was at college at Saint Rose and I had to send it in for repairs every 6 months or so. Although the repairs were covered under the extended warranty I bought, I was still without a computer for 1-2 weeks each time. The last time my HP broke it was beyond repair, so I had to buy a new laptop. After consulting with my friends and some “experts”, I went with a Toshiba. I had my Toshiba for about a year now and haven’t had a single problem! Works well and can handle multiple programs at once. And I started grad school this past year, so it’s handled long nights of work!

I’m so excited for Modern Family season finale; are Dylan & Hailey moving in together? Are Mitchell & Cameron getting a baby boy?!? I’m so excited to see what happens. There’s not a minute in that show where I laugh out loud hysterically. They have the best cast (and so does The Middle). :)

I love random facts- Nantucket Nectars jars have those too. I’m wondering how you can eat with your head upside down? Talk about uncomfortable. It must be instinct for them. That’s going to bug me all night.

Have a happy Wednesday!

dang, flamingos are crazy cool! never heard of that fact before~sometimes I wonder if they’re even true, lol 😛 OoOoo! I have an HP and I love it! Although the battery has been dead for a while (need to buy a new one) and I have to use it while it’s plugged, it still works well! *knock on wood*
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Green Onion and Spinach Quiche for One

6. Aria says

I have an HP and love it! It’s about 4 years old now and runs really well still – especially for being a laptop. That’s my vote :)

I love the idea of “lightly sweetened” drinks. Fully sweetened is normally just too much for me, that’s why I like crystal light! I personally have a Dell laptop but Lenovo is the brand that everyone uses at my work and people love them!
    Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Office Favorites

8. Emily says

i’d really advise against the hp, i had that exact model and had a ton of problems with it. not too sure about the lenovo though
    i’d recommend a dell or a toshiba, i have a toshiba now and it’s absolutely fantastic (i have the satellite z830)

I like the sounds of that snapple. And your breakfast looks so pretty outside by the flowers! Love. I am a total Mac girl, never going back to a PC again. I just love it.
    Lisa recently posted..WIAW #9

I used to be a BIG Diet Coke drinker but gave it up cold turkey on Jan 1st this year…..haven’t looked back yet and can’t believe how many artificial sweeteners I used to drink! If I’m craving a fizzy drink, I rather drink the calories than sweetners now!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Just my cup of tea

I have an HP laptop and LOVE it. Not sure if it’s the exact one you linked to but it looks similar. It’s fast and sleek and we haven’t had one problem with it. We’ve had it for over a year now.
    Jill recently posted..Clean Closet!