WIAW: Must Step Away

Howdy howdy! How are we all doing on this fine, rainy Wednesday morning? I’m pretty sure I slept wrong last night and am working through a lovely kink in my neck this morning. Hate when that happens, right?!? Hey, at least I got a decent amount of sleep, so I can’t complain.

So, you’re not going to find too many veggies in today’s edition of What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday (surprise). After the abundance of veggies I had at dinner on Monday evening, me and the tummy were definitely not quite ready for too many more yesterday. That dinner seriously did a number on me, sheesh!

BUT, you will still find some yummy stuff, so let’s get to it…

8:30am – Breakfast

You’ve already seen it, but that’s ok. Yummy enough to share again.

But not super filling, so I had plenty of room for my mid-morning snack…

10:45am – Mid-Morning Snack

A slice of low-fat banana bread topped with some Justin’s honey peanut butter.

I also ended up slicing off one of the heels of the bread shortly after taking it out of the oven too. Winking smile

1:45pm – Lunch

And then, because I am officially obsessed with all baked goods in my house, I had my third slice of it with lunch…

lunch

Must. Step. Away. From. The. Banana. Bread.

Of course, that wasn’t all I had…I also cooked up a quick and easy egg white scramble made with diced tomatoes and feta cheese.

It was so, so good.

3:30 – Mid-Afternoon Snack

A mixed fruit bowl, made with half a banana, cantaloupe, strawberries, and red grapes. Pretty and colorful, right?

You know, we almost always have red grapes in the house (they’re one of Jay’s favorites) but I hardly ever eat them. I have no idea why, because I always enjoy them myself…may have to change that up now. Winking smile

6:45pm – Dinner

I had to head into work later last night but didn’t leave myself enough time to put together much more than a sandwich.

No biggie though…check this thing out. It was amazing.

Whole wheat bread, honey mustard, low-sodium turkey, provolone cheese, turkey bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. The only thing I forgot?

The pickles.

9:00pm – Evening Dessert

I had a little bit of a trying evening last night, and I wound up attempting to comfort myself with food, including a leftover cupcake from Saturday (Oreo) and then a WW Snack Size Caramel Swirl Ice Cream Cone.

source

These were on sale last week so I grabbed ‘em on a whim. They’re very tasty, only 90 calories, but they’re definitely snack size.

So there ya have it, folks – another WIAW officially in the books! Could have been better, could have been worse, but it was all enjoyed just the same. Smile

Question for the Morning: What are you more likely to grab for:

• Fruits or veggies?
  • Nut butter or a handful of nuts?
  • Ice cream or a cupcake?

Comments

Now that’s a tricky set of questions but I’m going to have to go with:

Veggies, nuts and ice cream….although if it’s breakfast, fruit over veggies for sure!

Oh and I need that sandwich in my life! I’m not much of a bacon fan but as for turkey bacon, that’s a whole different story!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..To eat or not to eat?

2. briana says

How about fruits, nut butter, and ice cream. I love cupcakes and cake too, how about since I’m a teacher a parent brought me 6 fancy cupcakes and Iv’e had one very night for 4 nights!

Fruits, nuts, and ice cream!! Though I do love my veggies, too, but I sometimes forget that they make easy snacks (carrot sticks for example). I’m not a huge cupcake fan… Though I love to look at them!
    Lindsey recently posted..Homemade Almond Milk

I always seem to choose fruits over veggies. My goal this summer is to incorporate one extra veggie into my daily snacks. I absolutely love nutella (they seriously must put something addictive in it!) so I would choose nut butter over a handful of nuts. And a cupcake over ice cream. :)
    Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..A Quarter Century

That fruit and turkey blt looked amazing.. the weight watchers not so much. I’m a weirdo and will take fruit over ice cream any day! The kink in your neck reminded me of a book that I found yesterday. It’s called Prescriptive Stretching.. looks really great and is now on my loooong list of book wants! no joke I have a book note on my iphone and I put them all there so I won’t forget about them! I’m weird like that too. I’d take a gift card to a book store over a clothes shopping, unless there’s Lululemon involved. That’s a whole different deal!

My roommate always buys red grapes and they always look so good but for whatever reason when I’m at the grocery store I forget I want to buy them too! I love grapes, so it just doesn’t make sense to me.

And there’s nothing wrong with a little (or a lot) of banana bread! 😉
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // FitMixer

I’m the exact same way with baked goods. I wind up giving some away or putting some in the freezer for some sort of control!
    Definitely fruit (I maaay have gone through a whole watermelon single-handedly i the past 5 days…), nut butter and ice cream!
    Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Is It Weird?

To the nut butter or hand full of nuts question:

The first time I read that, I thought you asked nutter butters vs. a handle of nuts. I’m such a sweet tooth, you KNOW I cheered out loud at my lap top- “nutter butters!” Then I re-read the question…

I love both, though, so it’s all good! 😉
    Kaylie recently posted..A Fake Runner

Veggies, nut butter, and ice cream for me!
    The banana bread looks great! And I’m the same, if I bake something, I have a hard time leaving it alone and tend to gobble up a lot of it once it comes out of the oven!
    Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..My First WIAW

Fruits
    A handful of nuts
    Tough call on the last option…probably cupcakes, though. They’re fresh, and I could have the ice cream another time. :)

I think I recall you being a Modern Family fan. Are you watching the finale tonight? I am!

I’m craving your honey mustard turkey and bacon sandwich now :)

We’re definitely huge ice cream fans in this house, I always have at least two flavors on hand at one time. And we just found these waffle cone bowls at our local grocery store, so we’re going to have waffle ice cream bowls with lots of toppings for our memorial day bbq :)
    Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal

Fruits, Nut butter, and a cupcake with a shot of ice cream in it! I just posted about a new place I went to for dessert last night called ShotCakes and they are cupcakes hollowed out with a shot of ice cream or frozen yogurt inside and toppings! I am not sure a regular cupcake will ever do the trick for me again!
    Katy recently posted..WIAW: Leftover Addition

13. Amber says

That banana bread looks so good. You should check out Chocolate Covered Katie’s Fat-Free Vegan Banana Bread. I made it a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING!
    Fruit > Veggies