Lightened Up Fudgy Oreo Brownies

Good news…I have recipes!

Not only do I have the brownie recipe for you all, but my amazing friend Kate pulled through and got together a recipe for the brown rice salad that many of you were asking about. To check out that recipe, head on over to the original post to see the details.

To check out the recipe for the brownies, well then you just stay riiiiiight here.

Just a little FYI…you can obviously use any Oreos for this recipe, but I used the limited edition Birthday Cake ones (which have a cake batter-like filling). If you have not yet had these, all I’ll say is…WOW.

Then just wait for the thumbs up of approval from your friends. That’s when you know they’re good. Winking smile

Comments

Prune puree?? Who knew!? Looks delicious :D
    We are going to have a bake sale at church soon, so I should probably make this (or one of your many other baked goods!).
    michelle kim recently posted..Hiking x 2

• Courtney says

I’m not sure, but honestly, you can’t taste it at ALL. My husband LOVED them and he’s picky!

2. Nicole says

Wow, awesome!

Where does one find pune purée anyway? By the canned pumpkin? Or the organic section? Or is it baby food? Haha, I’m completely lost and wouldn’t know where to look!

3. Emily says

I want to make these ASAP! Do you think you could substitute baking splenda or truvia for the white sugar??

I use Rachel Ray’s fudge wreath recipe that isn’t really creamy but sounds like what you are looking for. It uses condensed milk. while you can make it in a wreath shape-I simply make the square shapes.
    Laura recently posted..About tooth implants

Welp, now I have to go get those Oreos!

The other day my husband said “I wish they made peanut butter Oreos.” Um, hello?!?! Peanut butter Oreos have been around for years dude, get with the program! Ever since that conversation, I’ve had Oreos on the brain!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 14

6. kayleigh says

Is there anything I could substitute for the egg replacer? I’d just rather not go buy it and not use it again. And do you mean the powdery stuff or the egg beaters type thing? Love your use of prunes!

Trackbacks