Lightened Up Fudgy Oreo Brownies

by Courtney on May 24, 2012

Good news…I have recipes!

Not only do I have the brownie recipe for you all, but my amazing friend Kate pulled through and got together a recipe for the brown rice salad that many of you were asking about. To check out that recipe, head on over to the original post to see the details.

To check out the recipe for the brownies, well then you just stay riiiiiight here.

Just a little FYI…you can obviously use any Oreos for this recipe, but I used the limited edition Birthday Cake ones (which have a cake batter-like filling). If you have not yet had these, all I’ll say is…WOW.

Then just wait for the thumbs up of approval from your friends. That’s when you know they’re good. Winking smile

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 24, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I need these in my life, immediately. All I can say is, wow!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Arnold Palmer vs. Orange Creamsicle

2 Liz @ Tip Top Shape May 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

These look absolutely amazing!!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Ridiculously Easy Chicken Salad

3 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

These look amazing, so fudgy and I love the addition of birthday cake oreos! Will have to try this soon :)
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Pregnancy Update – 26 weeks

4 Debbie (Accidently Delish) May 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm

oh my those look yummy. my problem would be more oreos would probably make it in my mouth than the brownies.

gonna check out that rice recipe too, it looked so good!
Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

5 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed May 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Courtney, I am having a hard time pinning this image. I want it on my unique and healthy eats board. :(
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Loving My FurGirl.

6 Courtney May 24, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Just added a “Pin It” button for youuuuu :)

7 Amy @ Inspired Amy May 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Who knew that brownies could get even better! I’ve never heard of prune puree before, but I’m really tempted to whip up a batch of these :)
Amy @ Inspired Amy recently posted..Highlighting Galore

8 Blog is the New Black May 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm

THese sound wonderful! :)

9 Jaren @ Kiwi Fit Blog May 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!! So excited to make these!
Jaren @ Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Can’t Complain

10 Casey May 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Yum!! Prune puree scares me, but I guess if there is chocolate involved I may just tough it out :)
Casey recently posted..Oreo Cookie Spread

11 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 24, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I’m a little afraid of the prune puree but I want to make these! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Avocado Mac ‘N Cheese

12 Courtney May 24, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Don’t be afraid! I promise, you can’t taste it!!

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 24, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Those birthday Oreos are calling my name! …..but, it has been YEARS since I’ve even had an oreo- they just aren’t around for me to eat- this must change!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I can’t wait to be a mom….

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 24, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I like the way you think with that prune puree! Nice going!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..dare to be bare

15 Megan@ The Running Doc May 24, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I need to find me some of those birthday cake Oreos!

16 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride May 24, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Ahhh, don’t you want to ship these to Boston ASAP? YUM!

And birthday cake oreos? I have no seen those but I will be looking ;)

17 Courtney May 24, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Hahaha, there aren’t any left ;)

18 michelle kim May 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Prune puree?? Who knew!? Looks delicious :D
We are going to have a bake sale at church soon, so I should probably make this (or one of your many other baked goods!).
michelle kim recently posted..Hiking x 2

19 Shannon May 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Is it possible to make these brownies without the prune puree? The prune puree is scaring me; otherwise, I’d be allllll over them. :)
Shannon recently posted..TCBY Mother’s Day Offer

20 Courtney May 24, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I’m not sure, but honestly, you can’t taste it at ALL. My husband LOVED them and he’s picky!

21 Linz @ Itz Linz May 24, 2012 at 9:22 pm

cake batter flavored oreos??? cake batter is my favorite flavor in EVERYTHING so i’m sure i’d love these!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Banana Bar

22 Alysha @Shesontherun May 24, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I sooo need a brownie right now. Swoon.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Peanut Butter S’mores Rice Krispie Treats

23 Sana May 24, 2012 at 9:47 pm

woah……
Sana recently posted..Does Cleaning My Room Count As A Workout?

24 Val May 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I just made these tonight! With a slight variation, I used apple sauce instead of prune puree and they turned out a little dry, but still delish! Great recipe. Will defs be trying this again:)
Val recently posted..Fave Beauty Buys: Nail polish

25 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm

It’s 10:30 PM and I have to be up for work at 5:30.. but all I want to do now is to drive 20 minutes to the 24 hour CVS and buy birthday cake Oreo’s. It’s a problem. hahaha can’t wait to try to make these at a DECENT hour :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..50 Shades of Sweat

26 Suz May 24, 2012 at 10:59 pm

cake batter Oreos that sounds amazing (the batter is always my favourite part of baking!) but I dont think we got that limited addition in Australia :(
Suz recently posted..summer is slipping away

27 Nicole May 24, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Wow, awesome!

Where does one find pune purée anyway? By the canned pumpkin? Or the organic section? Or is it baby food? Haha, I’m completely lost and wouldn’t know where to look!

28 Khushboo Thadani May 25, 2012 at 12:53 am

Prune puree?? I guess I have no choice but to try this out to get rid of my doubts :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Just my cup of tea

29 Emily May 25, 2012 at 5:30 am

I want to make these ASAP! Do you think you could substitute baking splenda or truvia for the white sugar??

30 Annie May 25, 2012 at 5:34 am

I’m gonna make that rice salad very soon! It sounds lush!

31 Laura May 25, 2012 at 6:25 am

I use Rachel Ray’s fudge wreath recipe that isn’t really creamy but sounds like what you are looking for. It uses condensed milk. while you can make it in a wreath shape-I simply make the square shapes.
Laura recently posted..About tooth implants

32 Michelle @ Blogitness May 25, 2012 at 7:06 am

These sounds amazing!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Health and Fitness Fridays: Can Twitter Help You Lose Weight?

33 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 25, 2012 at 7:17 am

Welp, now I have to go get those Oreos!

The other day my husband said “I wish they made peanut butter Oreos.” Um, hello?!?! Peanut butter Oreos have been around for years dude, get with the program! Ever since that conversation, I’ve had Oreos on the brain!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 14

34 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 25, 2012 at 8:41 am

These look and sound amazing! :) I have never heard of prune puree. I’d be interested to see what difference it makes in a brownie.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Job Well Done!…

35 hazel May 25, 2012 at 9:30 am

I craved for something sweet and I found your blog. This is my next target! Woooo!
hazel recently posted..Plus size dresses for the mother of the bride

36 kayleigh May 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

Is there anything I could substitute for the egg replacer? I’d just rather not go buy it and not use it again. And do you mean the powdery stuff or the egg beaters type thing? Love your use of prunes!

37 Vasu October 10, 2012 at 11:14 am

Can you buy prune puree or did you puree it yourself?

38 Courtney October 10, 2012 at 11:15 am

I bought it. It’s in with the baby food! :)