Who’s Gonna Celebrate With Me?

by Courtney on May 25, 2012

Hip hip HOORAY for Friday!

I’m so excited for the weekend ahead…we’ve got a couple parties with friends on the agenda, we’re probably opening up the pool, and I’m also hoping to hit up the outdoor Farmers Market tomorrow. And as if all of that wasn’t good enough, today I get to kick it all off with a fun shopping trip with mom, which is always a fun time.

*****

Breakfast

No workout for me this morning (maybe I’ll bust out some lunges and bench dips while briskly walking through the mall today – mom, you in?), so I showered first thing and got working on breakfast.

Guess what made a special appearance today…

Yes, it’s in a jar, but it’s not oats…it’s buckwheat, baby!

It’s been a while since I last made a buckwheat bowl, so when I spotted it in the cabinet today, I figured I’d throw it back into the rotation. Nothin’ fancy…just a basic buckwheat base with some fresh raspberries mixed in.

And, of course, a little extra PB scraped from the sides of the jar. Winking smile

If you’ve never tried buckwheat (and/or have no idea what it even is) be sure to check out my Ode to Buckwheat Bowls post. It has all the info ya need!

*****

A couple quick things…

• Some of you sound a little hesitant about the prune puree in my Lightened Up Fudgy Oreo Brownies. I get you…it sounds weird, right? (FYI: You’ll find it in with the baby food) I first saw the idea in this cookbook that my mom is letting me borrow, and I thought the same thing…but hey, I’m always willing to try something once. TRUST ME when I tell you that you cannot taste it at ALL. And if Jay eats them without complaining, you know they’re okay.
  • Every once in a while I like going back to some of my old posts on the same day from the previous year. When I checked out a couple of my May 25th posts today, I came across not only a delicious omelet creation I had totally forgotten about, but I also realized today is a very, VERY important day

It’s National Wine Day!

national wine daysource

And, apparently, it’s also National Tap Dance Day, which makes my inner twinkle toes want to go tap out a tune (Fun Fact: Did you know I tap danced for 18 years??).

Perhaps I’ll have to go bust out the tap shoes later on, but if that doesn’t happen, at least I can still celebrate with a glass of wine…which is probably much more likely to happen. Winking smile

So who’s gonna celebrate with me?!?

1 Linz @ Itz Linz May 25, 2012 at 9:27 am

we have dinner plans this evening so we’ll definitely be celebrating with wine! as for tap dancing…. not so sure about that one! ;)

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life May 25, 2012 at 9:40 am

I will definitely be celebrating with some wine tonight! :-) I just checked out your brownie recipe and I can’t wait to try them! I can see why the prune purée may be a little scary, but I doubt it is much different than adding in pumpkin purée or mashed banana to a recipe. Definitely helps keep baked goods nice and moist!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3 Danica @ It's Progression May 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

it’s my birthday AND national wine day…you obviously know what I’m celebrating with tonight :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Birthday Breakfast (overnight oats recipe! *dairy free)

4 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 25, 2012 at 9:46 am

Thank you for telling my it’s national wine day! How did I not know?! I will definitely be celebrating!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Avocado Mac ‘N Cheese

5 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 25, 2012 at 9:48 am

hooray for the pool opening! I use to tap dance too thats funny lol I’ll definitely whip out a few old tap dance moves throughout the day at some point
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Turkey Burgers with Pineapple Chutney

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 25, 2012 at 9:49 am

i still need to try buckwheat! it’s one of those things i always seem to forget about. i’m all about an excuse for celebrating with some wine! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..An Inspirational Story

7 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 25, 2012 at 9:50 am

National wine day!? Is it 5:00 yet? This is the greatest day of the year! I’ll definitely be celebrating with you with a huge glass of merlot tonight :) Happy wine day!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Tomorrow.

8 Katrina @ 'Sota is Sexy May 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

I think you should do a wine/tap dance combo! Just sayin’ :)
Katrina @ ‘Sota is Sexy recently posted..And then we were accused of Tax Evasion

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

National wine day!! ….I only wish I could celebrate. Oh well- I’m sure I’ll make up for it on some random day once August has come and gone.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I can’t wait to be a mom….

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 25, 2012 at 9:57 am

I took tap for a couple of years too! I miss it dearly. There is something about wearing tap shoes and the sound it makes. It’s fun!

I will definitely be celebrating National Wine Day! What a great holiday! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Job Well Done!…

11 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie May 25, 2012 at 9:59 am

I’ll celebrate national wine day! Always a good excuse ;)
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Healthy Strawberry Banana Bread

12 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! May 25, 2012 at 9:59 am

I think I celebrate national wine day almost everyday! :) kidding! I will definitely be enjoying a couple glasses tonight!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Some Really Quick Randoms

13 Debbie (accidently delish) May 25, 2012 at 10:02 am

I have a sushi date tonight perfect opportunity to add in a little wine! And honestly I think I always have at least one bottle in the house. Woops :)

Have a great weekend doll <3

14 Megan@ The Running Doc May 25, 2012 at 10:04 am

It’s perfect that National Wine Day falls at the start of a long weekend! Perfect reason to celebrate :)
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Handstand Contest and Crockpot Love

15 carissa May 25, 2012 at 10:08 am

I celebrated last night! haha! Everyday can be.wine day!
carissa recently posted..Strawberry Basil Sangria

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 25, 2012 at 10:12 am

I will definitely celebrate this evening :) Also, can’t wait to try the oreo brownies from yesterday!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Successful Shopping Trip

17 Yellow Haired Girl May 25, 2012 at 10:15 am

I’m game for celebrating! Like I ever need an excuse ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Word Vomit

18 Renee May 25, 2012 at 10:17 am

I better get me some wine today! I never miss a chance to celebrate ;) I saw the prune puree in the recipe and I happen to have a box of dates in my pantry, so I’m going to try pureeing them and see how that works. Can’t wait to try those brownies!
Renee recently posted..10 Things I’m Loving

19 Sarah @Blonde Bostonian May 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

I’m definitely celebrating win day! Every Friday seems to be wine night for me ;) Happy Weekend!
Sarah @Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Friday Link Loves

20 Amy @ Inspired Amy May 25, 2012 at 10:28 am

Oh I’m a sucker for celebrations buuut since I’m not legal drinking age yet, I’ll stick to celebrating tap dance ;)
Amy @ Inspired Amy recently posted..Healthy Starbucks Drink Options?

21 Heather May 25, 2012 at 10:35 am

I love it when the pools open for summer. Down here they have been open since the beginning of April. :)
Heather recently posted..A Sweet Suite

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 25, 2012 at 10:37 am

Ah, I tap danced all throughout childhood, too! I stopped when I went off to college.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 14

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 25, 2012 at 10:58 am

I did NOT know that you tap danced for 18 years! You must be pretty darn good then! I think a vlog is called for. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The countdown is on!

24 Shana May 25, 2012 at 11:11 am

I just noticed this morning that there is a new Exercise channel on demand! It’s under the health and home category and has quite a few options. You can also access them through “magrack” but I can’t remember which category it’s in(or if it is it’s own category). Just thought you might want to know! Full disclosure: I actually love prunes in baked goods or on their own. They are sooo sweet and chewy. Nature’s candy ;)
Shana recently posted..Mac Attack

25 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 25, 2012 at 11:23 am

Celebrating with you! I’m planning all the same things as you. Our pool isopening, Farmers Market in the morning and clothes shopping! However my Mom lives in N. Carolina, so I have to shop by myself. :( Have a great weekend!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Watermelon Strawberry Float / Holiday Recipe Club Hop

26 Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine May 25, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’m going to celebration National Wine Day!

Side note…It’s also ‘National Missing Children’s Day’
Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine recently posted..“I DIE!”

27 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

Count me in for sure! Hope you have great pool weather this weekend!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Friday Five

28 Alysha @Shesontherun May 25, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I can’t believe you used to tap dance! I would break out in a jig when I was younger. I’ll break out my tap shoes if they let us leave early from work :)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Craft: DIY Button Monograms

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm

WAIT. we never talked about how WE BOTH TAP. what?!?!?!

also appropriate that I got the part in which I will be tap tap tapping awayyyy :) :) …come to VB. now! we’ll drink wine and tap. at the same time, if necessary.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..A Return to the Theatre

30 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony May 25, 2012 at 12:45 pm

If I didn’t have three glasses last night from Chile that I’m feeling now, I would! We’ll see how I feel tonight ;)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Sweet 16

31 Calee May 25, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Hell. Yes.

I celebrate “wine-down wednesday” every wednesday anyway. Glass of wine after dinner. :)
Calee recently posted..The Great High School Photo Scanning Project: Graduation 2000

32 Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 25, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I actually do love the Skippy natural peanut butter. The super chunky is my favorite!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..The Little Changes I [Should Be] Making

33 Khushboo May 25, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I most definitely celebrated with you :)
Khushboo recently posted..Peeling a pomegranate

34 Lisa May 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Heck yes to wine day! I’ll be celebrating tonight with my friend’s for her birthday! I also tap danced when I was younger, I sucked though. You reminded me I have some buckwheat hot cereal to use up! I love the taste of it and how nutty it tastes. If that makes sense?
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Cookie Dough

35 Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 25, 2012 at 3:45 pm

who wouldn’t want to celebrate?? i love wine…
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..one challenge down

36 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson May 25, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Today is National Wine Day? AWESOME! I think I need to celebrate. Bring on the Moscato!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..The weekend and a few more runs

37 Alaina May 25, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Well I will definitely be celebrating! I loves me some wine. :-)
Alaina recently posted..Met Back Bay

38 Shannon May 25, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Can’t but I’ll join you in 6 years! Maybe I’ll tap a tune instead. :)

39 Trisha May 25, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I celebrated! I had a glass of Cupcake Red Velvet (I actually turned it into a cocktail of sorts) with dinner. :) I had no idea about National Tap Dance Day but I too, tap danced for many years. 13, I believe. I did ballet, jazz, & hip-hop too but tap was always my favorite.
Trisha recently posted..Summer Grillin’