A New Tradition Of Ours?

by Courtney on May 26, 2012

Well, I never made it down to the Farmers Market today, but that’s okay.

Jay and I worked like crazy outside around the house today, and I’m happy to report that the pool is officially open for 2012.

Amidst our uncovering, we had the pleasure of coming across one dead chipmunk, one dead frog, 3 spiders about the size of my face, and way more worms and night crawlers than I care to think about…but it was all totally worth it in the end.

I finally got around to showering around 3:30 this afternoon, and once we were cleaned up and smelling a little more fresh and clean, we decided to treat ourselves the exact same way we did on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend last year.

A couple of beers…

A great seat right along the water at Dinosaur BBQ…

And a pulled pork dinner, complete with French fries, tomato and cucumber salad, and cornbread.

The funniest part of it all though, is that I even wore the same exact thing that I did last year too. Perhaps this will end up being a new tradition of ours? Winking smile

I am officially wiped after today…the two of us are planning on laying low for the rest of the night since we’ve got lots on the agenda for tomorrow. A-okay by me.

Did everyone else have a fantastic day? Anything fun going on for you?

Have a great night, folks!

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 26, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I can handle dead things, but I would have given the pool to the spiders. Creep. Me. Out! Lol.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Guest Post: Food Labeling – Look Past it!

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life May 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I spent the day in Brooklyn and the farmers market and smorgasbord. A great day and great eats with great views of NYC. Can’t beat it! :)
I wish I had a pool!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Kettlebell Booty and Thighs

3 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 26, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Yikes, a dead chipmunk?! I hope you let Jay take care of that one!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Baked Chicken Parm Bites

4 Sana May 26, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Lol! I am glad that you had a lovely evening :)
Sana recently posted..Physical Therapy Summer Work

5 Valery R May 26, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I don’t know about these black and white photos of yours… missin’ the colors! Anyways, you’re very lucky you have a pool!

6 Shannon May 26, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I finished the most recent book from one of my favorite series an hour ago. It was really good, and I can’t wait to read the next book by her. I continued reading a book that I started a month ago, and picked up from where I left off. It’s called Dreamsleeves by Coleen Murtagh Paratore. The book is based off her own life, and is set in Troy, N.Y. You’ll probably like it since you are from this area. It mentions places in Troy such as the Red Front and Manory’s, and Saint Michael the Archangel Church.

The house the main character lives in is the 4th house on the right from the Menands Bridge in Troy (the white house with green shutters that has 2 floors). That was the house Coleen Paratore grew up in.
Shannon recently posted..Time to catch up

7 Ara May 26, 2012 at 11:27 pm

That does sound like an exhausting day. I’m tired just reading it. That is awesome that you now have your pool open. That beer looks delicious!!! No beer for me tonight, I’m racing in the morning.
Ara recently posted..Long Drive

8 Khushboo May 27, 2012 at 12:00 am

With the pool out, I spy the official start of summer :)
Khushboo recently posted..Peeling a pomegranate

9 Erica May 29, 2012 at 9:37 am

Bring back the colour!!!
Sounds like a nice evening though :)