Downright Steamy

My gosh, that was one heck of an awesome long weekend…

Recently Updated

I know I usually do the weekend round up on Mondays, but since yesterday was a holiday and I was out and about myself, here’s a little recap of what you may have missed…

I’m coming off this weekend feeling like one seriously lucky girl. I had such a great weekend spending time with friends and family. I wish ALL weekend could be that way.

*****

Workout

So last night was probably one of THE worst nights of sleep I’ve had in a long time. It is hot in this house right now…no, I take that back. It’s downright steamy up in here. No central A.C. and we don’t have our window units in yet, so we had to make due with three fans on full blast. Not so helpful when just blowing around all that steamy air.

I woke up just about every hour, so when the alarm went off at 5:00am this morning, I was actually pretty psyched to finally have an excuse to get up and head to the gym. I had a BodyPump class on the agenda for today, and I’m not even ashamed to admit that I was more excited for the initial coolness of the studio over the actual workout itself. Luckily, the workout wasn’t half bad either. Winking smile

Breakfast

Post-workout, came back home to the steamy house and put together a nice, cool breakfast.

Iced coffee + a cereal combo bowl made with Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Cascadian Farms Honey Nut O’s, banana slices, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and chia seeds.

Always love me a good combo bowl.

It’s back to the grind today…got a few things on the agenda, also including putting together that recipe for the roasted potato salad for you all. Yumm. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What were the highlights of your Memorial Day weekend?

Comments

I think the highlight of mine was gettin off work and the fiancé and I grilling shrimp, veggies and sweet potatoes and then spending some time together. Simple but nice!

Glad you had a great weekend. That stinks about no AC, when that happens here I literally sleep on the hardwood floors with a fan and a sheet, only way to stay cool.
    Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..The Weekend and Back to Routine

Loved the weekend – pool is finally fixed. We use window units too but a nice hot shower before bed helped cool things off.

Memorial Day is always special to me – it’s the weekend I had my first baby who is the same age as you! ;)

Oh god this same thing happened to me Saturday night! My cousin and I were running a race on Sunday AM and her apartment was SO HOT she had no ac and no fan and it was stagnant steamy air. I thought I was going to lose my mind so our 445 am wakeup call was welcomed! We ended up sleeping on her leather couch for something slight cooler…
    Highlight of my weekend was my race, and spending time with family and friends!
    Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Feelin’ Peachy

It was really warm in my apartment last night too! Except I don’t get window units … or anything of the like. I rely on fans – on the 8th floor! I think I’ve developed a few tricks to stay cool though (ice cream, anyone?) ;)
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Battling Stress

i’m so glad you had a great weekend with family and friends! i had a great weekend spent up in michigan with family for a cousin’s wedding. it was such a fun time! i can relate to your steamy night’s sleep… this weekend it was crazy humid and hot in michigan. i couldn’t sleep worth a darn!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Weekend In Michigan

The highlight of my weekend was my friend’s bachelorette party on Saturday! It was so much fun!!

It was pretty warm in my apartment last night too. Thankfully when I came home from work I immediately opened the window in my room and set my fan on to start cooling the place down. I dealt with the steamy in the living room and went into a perfectly cooled room by bed time.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Cheers

So excited for the potato salad! Also, if you put a cold washcloth over the fan it helps a little bit! That’s what I did during my dorm room days with no air conditioning- not nearly close to AC, but better than nothing. Completely understand nights of no sleep due to the heat, I just felt gross and sweaty all night no matter what I did! Hope it gets fixed soon girl!
    B @ Crags and Veggies recently posted..Summer Oatmeal

I loved that Ben and I had absolutely no commitments this weekend. We just enjoyed each day to the fullest with where ever it took us, which was lots of time together and with friends, family and lots of good food. I also loved taking my 10 month year old nephew to his first parade!
    Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..A Two Week Trend

My husband & I will be moving into a house with no central AC… I’ve never NOT had AC! Luckily, the previous owners are leaving behind their window units, but I’m still quite nervous for the transition. It’s going to be an ugly, frizzy few months!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend

School today? Oh my gosh. Don’t get me started on how hot it was. It didn’t help that I had Gym today, and had to participate. I almost died. I only went in one of the few A.C. rooms- SECOND PERIOD. I couldn’t wait until 3 o’clock came around so I could be home in a nice cool house. :) Luckily, I have a big fan in my room. I turned that on full blast and laid on my bed until I was nice and cool again- without the lights on; the TV was my light. It took about 1/2 an hour. I guess the heat got to someone at school because as I was walking out the door, the right entrance door had a HUGE crack in it. I don’t know who did it but I know I didn’t. I really want to know now.

My highlight over Memorial Day weekend was eating a great dinner with my family yesterday. My dad grilled hamburgers and chicken- I had 3 pieces of chicken, since I’m not a burger fan. They were deeeeeeelicious.