Healthy Roasted Potato and Veggie Salad

by Courtney on May 29, 2012

I know you guys have been eagerly anticipating this recipe…

Roasted Potato & Veggie Salad (2)

As I was making this on Monday morning, I couldn’t help but have the feeling that this could be one of those recipes that’s either a huge hit or a HUGE miss. I already knew I loved all of the ingredients in there, but I guess I was a little curious to see how they’d all work together in this chilled, healthy side dish.

Roasted Potato & Veggie Salad

But I put it out on the table yesterday, crossed my fingers, and let everyone dig in. Thankfully, the reviews were nothing but positive, and I must agree…this dish is incredible. You could serve it warm, I’m sure, but personally, I think it’s great chilled for a warm, summer day.

Plus, there’s an added bonus…no mayo or creamy ingredients in this bad boy, so you don’t have to worry about leaving it outside for too long. Score!

Roasted Potato & Veggie Salad (3)

Roasted Potato & Veggie Salad (4)

This would be great to bring to a potluck, or even to just make for at home during the week. I bet it’d be delicious if you tossed in some rotisserie chicken, too…then you’d have yourself a meal!

Now, I think I’m gonna go spoon out some leftovers to have with lunch. Winking smile

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 29, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I love roasted veggies – and that dressing sounds nice and light!

2 Trisha May 29, 2012 at 1:36 pm

This looks SO good & you’re totally right…I have been stalking my Google reader all morning, waiting for you to post. :) I can’t wait to give this a try!
Trisha recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend & a Repeat

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

This salad looks great! I really like the fact that it doesn’t have mayo or anything like that it in it. It’s light and the perfect side dish for a party! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Turkey Caesar Burgers & Memorial Day Weekend!…

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 29, 2012 at 1:46 pm

i’m a huge fan of roasted veggies! needless to say, this salad looks awesome. it is the perfect summertime side dish!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Weekend In Michigan

5 Khushboo May 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Wow such a great combo of flavors- I know I’d love it!
Khushboo recently posted..Body For Life: Final Recap

6 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 29, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Holy cow this looks awesome! I may make this ASAP!! Roasted veggies are my favorite!!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..The Weekend and Back to Routine

7 Alysha @Shesontherun May 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I love that rectangular baking dish. I have the same pattern, but it’s a rooster baking dish. I kept complimenting my BF’s mom and she gave it to me :)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Recap

8 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I have some little potatoes and was looking for something to make with them – this is perfect!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Delicious Eggplant Burgers

9 Lindsey May 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Delicious! I have never ate potato salads since I am not a Mayo fan, but also not overly a potato fan. But I will have to try this recipe, looks perfect for a BBQ night.
Lindsey recently posted..Cake Baking

10 Sana May 29, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I love salads that are not mayo based!
Sana recently posted..What Makes You Refreshingly Different? {GIVEAWAY}

11 Michelle@Peachy Palate May 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Love the mixture of the cooked and raw veggies, sounds yum!

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Yum! I love the sound of this. I’m not into mayo-based potato salads … not because mayo is “so” bad for you or anything, but just because I’ve never liked the taste. So this one sounds way better to me!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An Elvis burger and a jalapeño margarita.

13 Jolynn May 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Yumm!!!

14 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Yummy! I love a fresh summer dish. ‘Tis that time. YES!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Top 10 Foods for Clear Skin

15 B @ Crags and Veggies May 29, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Yay, thanks so much! Can’t wait to try it! And the colors, oh my! Love zucchini, corn, and tomatoes with the potatoes!
B @ Crags and Veggies recently posted..Summer Oatmeal

16 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Yesss I do love this kind of salad because it’s refreshing, chunky, and hearty! I’ve tried something similar to this (mostly the dressing on veggies), and it was good. I know that feeling when I’m just crossing my fingers and already thinking, “ahhh they probably hate it!” :P
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Semi-Healthy Living Counts Too

17 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com May 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm

wow, this looks great!!! what an awesome switch up from my typical lunchtime “kitchen-sink” salads! or an excellent addition :-)
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Falling Apart

18 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third May 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm

This looks like the perfect summertime sidedish! Can’t wait to make it before our next BBQ!
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..MDW: A Surprise party, boating, family and friends = Perfection!

19 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 29, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I can just imagine how that smells :)

20 Katy May 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm

What a great recipe! It looks perfect for a summer cookout!
Katy recently posted..Another Record Broken

21 Crystal May 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Thank you so much for these great recipes! I plan to try them both!
Sorry that I can only give one award though. They both sound so good! Thanks again!
Crystal recently posted..PR Agency Devon

22 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions May 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Holy smokes. That looks marvelous. I’m definitely going to have to make that!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend

23 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm

yummmy! That looks soo good!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..One Lovely Blog Award

24 Miz May 30, 2012 at 6:15 am

sure we’ve been waiting for the RECIPE but me?
Im still waiting for you to come here and make it for me :)

xo
Miz recently posted..Show me the other expert bloggers…

25 Courtney May 30, 2012 at 7:17 am

Awww, Miz! I’d LOVE to come down and make it for you…anytime! :-D

26 Kim @ The Family Practice May 30, 2012 at 11:38 am

Looks delish! I love all the colors. Food is so much more appealing when its a bright and pretty rainbow :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..The New Craigslist

27 Lauri August 23, 2012 at 9:02 am

Do you think I caould make this the night before a party and just keep in the fridge??
Lauri recently posted..T-7 days!

28 Courtney August 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Definitely! It was just as good, if not better, the next day!

29 Lauri August 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I also bought Russet potatoes by mistake!! Do you think those would work or are red potatoes the way to go?

30 Courtney August 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

red potatoes are my personal favorite, but I’m sure the russets would be fine if you already have them