Workouts Are Back On TV!

by Courtney on May 30, 2012

Hey guys! How’s the day been going so far? Between my catch-up post this morning and this afternoon’s recipe post, I haven’t had much of a chance to really chat with you all, so let me catch ya up a bit on my day!

Breakfast

The day started off with an always delicious favorite…

An egg white, provolone, turkey bacon, and raspberry jam sandwich made on a whole wheat English muffin.

Plus some last minute iced coffee with skim milk + Truvia.

After breakfast, I had to head in to work for a quick session and then came back home to complete my own workout. I would have just done it at the gym, but I didn’t need to strength train, there were no classes at that time, and I had no desire to hop on any cardio machines.

I came home thinking I might browse through some of my workout DVD’s, but then I decided to browse through my On Demand channels and quickly discovered that we have workouts back on TV! If you remember, I was pretty devastated when they did away with Exercise on Demand, but it looks like they’ve now replaced it with a new channel called Sportskool. (<—for the locals who have Time Warner cable, it’s the “Sports and Fitness on Demand” channel 1067)

source

This one is a bit different from the original Exercise on Demand; the original one had videos from a number of well-known trainers (i.e., Jillian Michaels, Chris Freytag, etc.) but I didn’t recognize any of the trainers on the few videos that I skimmed today, which I think is both a good and bad thing. It’s bad because I tend to stick with what I know I like, but good because, well, change is good, right?

If you click here, you can see a list of all the different videos that are offered, and you’ll notice it’s quite a good-sized list. I ultimately decided on a few videos from the “Absolute Kickboxing” section (Warm up, Kickboxing Cardio, Cool Down – about 45 minutes total) and I am happy to say I LOVED it!

A lot of the moves reminded me of my other favorite kickboxing video, but I’m tempted to say that this one may have been a little more challenging. I don’t know. That could also be partly due to the fact that it was hotter than ballz in here (sorry, I went there) but either way, I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to checking out some more videos.

Has anyone else checked out Sportskool yet? Do you have it?

*****

Shortly after working out, I wound up putting together a little yogurt bowl: a vanilla Chobani, crushed pineapple, fresh blueberries, and some lemon blueberry granola.

I’ve had this bag (plus about 3 others) leftover from the Blend Retreat and it’s seriously delicious. I love the intense lemon flavor.

I used the whole bag, so this ended up being one heck of a yogurt bowl. Smile

The afternoon consisted of some snacking while working on a bunch of stuff, but nothing all that notable. Dinner, however, was notable.

I’ve had one remaining Hawaiian Chicken Burger tagged in the fridge with my name on it, and have been waiting to dig in for days (I was actually planning on eating it last night, but that plan was out the window once the power went out).

I made a salad (right in the lettuce container, thankyouverymuch) with cucumbers, tomatoes, leftover grilled red onions, diced cheddar cheese, crushed pineapple, my chicken burger, and a drizzle of bbq sauce as my dressing.

Wasn’t sure if that was weird or not…even if it is weird, I would totally, 100% do it again. AWESOME.

On the side, I cooked up some Alexia sweet potato fries, which I’m finding are pretty awesome to have on hand.

Perfect for nights like this when we needed something quick as a side. Yum.

As for dessert? I’m planning on having a leftover ice cream cone from Monday…I mean, we still have a whole box of ‘em left, so I figured I should try and make a dent or something. Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

Name one thing from today that…

• Made you smile
  • Made you wish you had more of it to eat
  • Got you moving

1 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway May 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm

One thing that made me smile was having my brother join me for body pump- which also had me moving! I also sadly finished off the last of my friends Mom’s homemade challah today- it is SO good!!
Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Expensive Habits

2 Sana May 30, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Hahah I love that bbq sauce was your dressing!
Sana recently posted..Am I Moving?

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 30, 2012 at 7:55 pm

That’s exciting! I love having the option of working out at home!
Answers to your questions…
-One thing that made me smile today was my husband. He always knows what to say to make me laugh!
-One thing that I wish I had more of to eat was the White Chocolate Macademia Nut Luna Bar I had for my morning snack. They never seem big enough because they’re so tasty!
-One thing today that got me moving was cleaning up my office! It was a disaster.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #36: New Creations

4 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog May 30, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Made me smile-registering with the fiancé. Wish I had more to eat of-the chicken I had with pineapple pico and avocado cilantro sauce!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #4

5 Blog is the New Black May 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Ahhhh, dying to try these burgers, gurrrrl.
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

6 sherice@foodieluvsfitness May 30, 2012 at 8:09 pm

the Chipotle sweet potato fries are the best.. now I just make them at home cause I’m to cheap to buy them. :)

7 Shannon May 30, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Made me smile: The announcement that our class is having a class trip to the Great Escape right after exams. :) I’m so excited!

Made me wish I had more of it to eat: The single Entenmann’s Black and White cookie. It was quite tasty.

Got me moving: Taking a bunch of notes on the Cold War today in History class (orally, as usual). Most of the time, when my hands hurt after a while, is when she talks about the most important details on events in history. Oh well. I just plug right through the forty five minute class and then I’m FREE…until the next day. At least I don’t have History Thursdays so I’m FREE tomorrow.

8 Katy May 30, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Today I got an invitation to my own bridal shower that my friends at work decided to throw for me :-) It was unexpected and wonderful!
Katy recently posted..WIAW: Food and Cocktails

9 Caryln @ carylnrambles May 30, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Made you smile: Starting to plan a beach vacay!

Made you wish you had more of it to eat: my smoothie from breakfast…mmmm

Got you moving: CLASS! I could no wait to get out of my seat and hit the gym after 3 hours of straight lecturing.
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..Eats and Exercise

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 30, 2012 at 8:33 pm

YAY! I remember how upset you were when the workouts got taken away! Glad something is back!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..weekend in michigan

11 Lauren May 30, 2012 at 8:35 pm

One thing that made me smile was finding out that I may be going to Saratoga next weekend and possibly getting to see you! One thing I wish I had more to eat was the blackberries I just finished. They were huge and delicious. And one thing that got me moving was the fact that I hadn’t run since Sunday and I craved it today.
Lauren recently posted..Oh The Places I Would Go

12 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 30, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I contemplate putting BBQ sauce on things way more often than I’d care to admit! ;-)

My PUG made me smile today… & every day!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 15

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 30, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I was wondering what that plastic container was haha … so smart to use your lettuce container to make your salad!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicken Pesto Personal Pizza

14 Linz @ Itz Linz May 30, 2012 at 8:59 pm

made me smile? laying poolside while listening to justin bieber :)
made me wish i had more of it to eat? avocados – love em, just hate how expensive they are
got me moving? 3-mile run with my friend this morning and then walked and talked on the phone to two of my college friends for an hour and a half this evening!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz WIAW

15 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 30, 2012 at 9:22 pm

One thing that got me moving was thinking about how awesome I’d feel after a sweaty workout! And I did! :)

16 Kaelin May 30, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Thank you for making me feel not so crazy!!

I was at Subway the other day and got my usual spinach salad, but this time I decided I wanted to put their new BBQ Chicken on top for a change. When Mr. Subway asked me what kind of dressing I wanted, I replied without hesitation – BBQ Sauce! He totally judged me. I put BBQ on everything…. chicken, baked potatoes, cottage cheese. lol No judging!! :)

17 erica May 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

made me style today: my puppy, he always puts a smile on my face.
wish i had more of to eat: starbucks caramel machiato
got me moving: well….i’m still at work, so not much moving so far, unless you count walking to the copy machine ;p
erica recently posted..planner…too big!

18 Alysha @Shesontherun May 30, 2012 at 9:44 pm

BodyPump at 5:30 this am got me moving! I also had a really relaxing walk during lunchtime that made me smile.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter: My New Obsession

19 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony May 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I love using barbecue sauce, hummus, or even salsa as dressing!
Made me smile – the excitement on my students’ faces as we talked about tomorrow’s field trip
Made you wish you had more of it to eat – roasted broccoli from dinner- my favorite roasted veggie
Got you moving – remembering that I completed a challenging workout yesterday motivated me for today
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..I’m Convinced

20 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 30, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Lemon blueberry granola sounds awesome!! I have to try those Alexia sweet potato fries some day :)
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Hawaiian Favorite – Spam Musubi

21 Elizabeth May 30, 2012 at 10:37 pm

That granola sounds really yummy! I love anything flavoured lemon :)
Also a question – why do you use egg whites and not the full egg? Just curious, because personally I use egg whites because i don’t like the taste of the yolks, but I know that some people do it for nutrition … which I never really got, because I’m pretty sure the egg is healthier as a whole!

22 Courtney May 30, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Honestly, it usually just depends on the day for me. We always have whole eggs and liquid egg whites in the house, so whichever one I tend to go for first is what I use that day :)

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 30, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I’m going to check that out! I was so sad with Exercise on Demand went away last year. I actually just checked a few days ago to see if it might’ve come back for the summer, but the only thing I saw was one yoga workout. I guess I need to search some more!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Ready or Not, Here We Go

24 Annette@FitnessPerks May 30, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Hawaiian chicken burgers + sweet potato fries sounds AMAZING! Yumm. You know how to eat deliciously :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..It’s Okay To Eat Weird Combos

25 Abby F May 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I was so excited to see there was a replacement for Exercise TV! But no luck here in Las Vegas :-( I’ll keep a look out though, maybe it’s coming soon!!

26 Alison May 30, 2012 at 11:31 pm

That salad looks delicious!! And I LOVE sweet potato fries.

27 Grace May 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm

The fact that I had literally sat around all day and was feeling in a funk really got me moving!

28 Khushboo May 31, 2012 at 12:15 am

One thing that made me smile: lunch with my BFF
One thing which I wish I had more to eat: hazelnut mousse cake
One thing that made me move: my trainer

Have a great day!
Khushboo recently posted..Another reason to eat a salad…

29 Miz May 31, 2012 at 5:50 am

MY GIRL.
SALMON
and MY GIRL :)

have a great day.

xo
Miz recently posted..The second wave: UPDATE.

30 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl May 31, 2012 at 7:20 am

Made me smiles…Riding my horse that’s been lame for a month and having a fantastic ride at that. :)
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Memorial Day 2012: Family Cornhole Tournament

31 Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson May 31, 2012 at 7:39 am

You have made my day! I don’t have Time Warner but I do have Comcast and after reading this post, it sparked me to see if we had something like that On Demand…and we do!!!! So, you are the thing that made me smile today. Thank you! I’m so excited
Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson recently posted..Happy Memorial Day!

32 Courtney May 31, 2012 at 8:28 am

Awwwww, YAY! :-D

33 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 31, 2012 at 8:00 am

One thing that made me smile was that we went to our wedding venue last night for an Open House and everything was perfect. We are so excited for our wedding in 2.5 months! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..An Open House Success!…

34 Courtney May 31, 2012 at 8:28 am

So exciting!!! :)

35 Shana May 31, 2012 at 8:52 am

I left a comment last week when I found this because I knew you would be excited! They also have workouts under “Mag rack” in the health and home category. For the kickbox workout, do you have to select each one separately or is there a way to play it in its entirety?

36 Courtney May 31, 2012 at 11:59 am

Ahhhhh YES! I thought I remembered someone mentioning it to me :)
I couldn’t find a “mag rack” category on mine, but I’ll have to look again. As far as the kickboxing workout, I had to do each one separately.

37 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts May 31, 2012 at 10:49 am

I miss ExerciseTV SO much! I will have to check and see if we have Sports Skool on our cable. Thanks for the info!!
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..We Bought a Zoo

38 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy May 31, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I am SO stealing this salad idea for tonight! LOVE IT!

39 kohls coupon code October 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Can I simply just say what a relief to find someone that really understands
what they’re discussing over the internet. You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

More and more people really need to look at this and understand this side of your story.
I can’t believe you’re not more popular since you surely have the gift.
kohls coupon code recently posted..kohls coupon code