Who Would Join Me?

You guys are so fun! I loved reading all of your ideas for holidays this morning. Some favorites…

• “I think my holiday would be “National Everything is Free Day!” Now that would be my perfect holiday” – Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway
  • “I don’t know how crazy it is…but I would declare June 4th National Calories Don’t Count Day because it’s my birthday!” – Khushboo (not crazy at ALL, girl!)
  • “National running day where I could wear running clothes all day and run to and from work without anyone caring that I looked like a mess!” – Katie @ Peace Love & Oats
  • “How about national fro-yo holiday? We get the day off work and free fro-yo? haha. I think in August sometime.” – Lindsey (I’m SO in!)
  • “National Take A Nap At Your Desk Day! Hahaha. Just kidding. That’s just how I feel today.” – Yellow Haired Girl
  • “I’d declare my own Cookie Dough Day” – Alysha @Shesontherun

*****

Workout

I didn’t end up getting to BodyPump today, but I did come home and put together my own workout:

• 20 minutes of HIIT (20 seconds @ 9.5mph / 40 seconds @ 4.5mph)
  • 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Yoga DVD (~40 mins)

I felt like my body needed yoga more than anything else today, and my goodness did it feel good. Real good. In fact, I actually have an idea for a potential yoga challenge…what do you guys think? If I were to have a June Yoga Challenge, who would join me?

Post-workout, it was snack time. I gave another Simply Bar a try today. I wasn’t a huge fan of the last flavor I tried, but I could most definitely get in board with this lemon coconut flavor.

It was awesome.

Fast-forward a few hours later, after some necessary gchatting with Tina and a bunch of other work, I realized it was almost 1:30 and time for some lunch.

Are you getting sick of seeing yogurt bowls yet?

Well, I hope not…’cuz I’m not. Winking smile

Plain Chobani mixed with crushed pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds, and honey nut O’s.

On the side: some baby carrots and roasted red pepper hummus.

Time to get back to work!

Question for the Afternoon:

A Yoga Challenge for June – Yes or No? Who’s with me?!?

Comments

I’ll never get sick of yoghurt bowls (once there filled with soy yoghurt or banana softserve!) I need to bring more yoga in to my life…actually need to just bring it back. I used to be really in to Pilates…would that count? How often would the challenge be to do it? If you had DVD recommendations that would be great!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..You can call me chickpea

Oooh, I wish I could like yoga. Maybe by doing a challenge I would learn to love it? Especially since I have to decrease my workout intensity a bit this week.
    Lisa recently posted..Showdown: Oats

3. Rachel says

I would totally join the yoga challenge! I’m just recently getting into working out more (thanks to all the fun blogs I read like yours), and I need fun ways to keep myself going!

4. Kristin says

I love yoga! I would definitely be in! Just did an hour at lunch actually :) One of the perks that my work offers is lunchtime fitness classes!

5. Sienna says

I’m in for a yoga challenge! I know it’s so good for my body and flexibility but I never make time for it.

6. Sky says

I have just gotten into yoga and am falling in love with it! I’m all for a yoga challenge!! Also, all of your yogurt bowls look delicious!

7. alycia says

I would def be on board with a yoga challenge. I’m trying to get back in to a fitness routine and I really want it to include yoga.

I am really happy to see that you’re converting to the Simply Bar!

A few months a at work, I was on the service desk and starving with absolutely no fuel within reach! I am typically skeptical of all things in bar form (excluding a few well known health food bars, like Larabar), so when I saw this little bar on sale, I was at first completely uninterested. Then, I tried it.

The chocolate raspberry is yucky! The Cinnamon Vanilla is possibly my favorite! And, the cinnamon itself. I haven’t tried the Coconut Lemon. Is it more coconut-y or more lemon-y?

Also, I’d love to join a yoga challenge.

Stay lovely,
    Caitlyn

— ps: I am currently in a renovation of my blog, so there is little-to-nothing happening on it. Previously, I was working through Tumblr (caitlyniscozy.tumblr.com). I’d love you for to check it out, and I’d love to keep in contact. Yours is one of my favorite blogs, my girl! :D
    Caitlyn M recently posted..Hello world!

• Courtney says

I’d say it’s probably more lemony than anything else. Definitely yummy though!
      Thanks so much for reading, Caitlyn :)

Yoga Challenge sounds pretty fun- it’d definitely help me attain better balance. I don’t have a yoga mat or fitness DVDs so…count me as a maybe?

Trackbacks