A Total Win-Win

by Courtney on June 3, 2012

After a nice, low-key evening and a great night’s sleep, I am feelin’ mighty good this morning!

Jay and I wound up staying in last night, ordered dinner from one of our favorite local spots, and ended up watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen on TV. It worked out great because that movie’s a total win-win for us…Jay enjoys Megan Fox and I’ll watch Shia LaBeouf in that movie all night long. Who’s with me?

Breakfast

Today’s a rest day, so after waking up and showering, I got right to work on breakfast.

A nice, hot mug of coffee.

Another yogurt bowl…I just can’t help it, berries are so good right now.

And a piece of banana bread topped with – get this – a wedge of The Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese spread.

Oh myyyyy word. It was so good that I wound up cutting off another sliver of bread just so I could use up the rest of the wedge. It’s just like eating my banana cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting for breakfast…but a little healthier. Smile

I was so involved with this breakfast today that I may have neglected a certain someone…

I think he was a little peeved with me, wouldn’t you say? Sorry, bud.

I’m headed out shortly for a fun afternoon…it was just a few weeks ago that we all celebrated Rachel’s Bridal Shower, but today, it’s Kathryn’s turn! It seriously seems like just yesterday when she surprised us all with her engagement and asked us to be in her wedding.

I’m so happy for her, and really looking forward to seeing all of the girls again. Gotta jet…happy Sunday, friends!

1 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

I take it those wedges are delicious?! …. It is making my mouth water to think of some creamy cinnamon deliciousness ontop of a homemade bread. Mmmm! Enjoy your day with the girls! Can never have too much girl time!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Rockin’ Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter

2 Khushboo June 3, 2012 at 10:35 am

Good lord that breakfast looks tasty…have a great day :)
Khushboo recently posted..Brain Dump

3 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 3, 2012 at 11:11 am

Have fun at the bridal shower! I love any wedding related event – they’re always fun and happy!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Switching Gears

4 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 3, 2012 at 11:22 am

Busy Day!! Have fun at the Bridal Shower! And I’m with you, I’m all about the berries this time of year!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cherry Quick Jam

5 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life June 3, 2012 at 11:28 am

I need to try the new laughing cow cream cheeses! And I think I need to bake up a banana bread loaf for this week’s breakfasts. You’ve got me craving it.
Have fun at the Bridal Shower!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..June Goals

6 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third June 3, 2012 at 11:35 am

I need to try those laughing cow wedges…. I am obsessed with the regular ones, but I can’t seem to find the new cream cheese kind! Have a blast at the shower!! :)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..A Windy Wedding!

7 Shanna, like Banana June 3, 2012 at 11:45 am

Haha, we totally watched Transformers too. We couldn’t find anything On Demand so I got suckered into that. And gotta say, I’m going to pass on Shia. I like my men a wee bit taller and tougher ;-P
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..NYC and Boston

8 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony June 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

That bread and cream cheese look so good. I love when healthy foods taste more like dessert! Have a great day at the shower! This is such a fun time of year. :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Good For You

9 Linz @ Itz Linz June 3, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Happy Sunday! Seriously need to try that cinnamon laughing cow!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Blueberry Egg Sammie

10 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 3, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Laughing Cow is so good!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..saturday catch up

11 Lisa June 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm

The banana bread with the cream cheese sounds like an awesome combo! Have fun today
Lisa recently posted..May Favourites

12 Suzanne(fitmindedmom) June 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Oh my!!!! The banana bread with cream cheese spread is making my mouth water!! I was SO close to putting the cream cheese in my grocery cart yesterday and I didn’t do it. I am kicking myself in the rear right now;)

13 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 3, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Happy Sunday! That banana bread looks amazing! I want some now :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..24-Day Advocare Challenge

14 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm

what a cute cat! awww :) and your breakfast looks outrageous! cinnamon cream cheese spread?!? yum!! glad i found your blog!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Almond Tortillas! Grain & Gluten Free!

15 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona June 3, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Have fun at the bridal shower! Isn’t it fun to see your friends “grow up”? Friends of mine have two kids already, and I swear it was last year that they were in high school and dating, let alone getting married and having kids!
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Recent Music

16 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 3, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I can’t find these LC wedges anywhere! GAH!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..it’s the weekend – why are you reading blogs

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Mmmm banana bread with cream cheese – delicious! I always love my mom’s zucchini bread w/ cream cheese growing up. An absolutely favorite of mine!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Big Thank You!

18 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I love Transformers!! But I drool over the cars!! Breakfast looks delish, and Cody is so cute even when he is peeved!!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What A Week