Got That Covered

by Courtney on June 6, 2012

So after this morning’s breakfast, I was pretty proud of the fact that I had almost all of my nutritional bases covered…protein, carbs, ketchup, fats, fruit, caffeine, and dairy (in my coffee). The only thing I really had missing was some veggies…

No prob, folks. I’ve got that covered this afternoon.

We’ve got a pretty decent amount of veggies in the house right now, so I figured I ought to use some up before they start to go bad on me. This bad boy is filled with romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, onions, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and a few slices of deli turkey.

And when I say filled, I mean filled. Winking smile

It was a good one!

Lunch happened shortly after I finished up with my workout for today. I had planned on combining a run with some yoga, but ended up nixing the run and just going straight for the yoga. I think I’m becoming a changed woman.

Kidding…sort of.

Today’s yoga was a favorite of mine, in the form of Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown. I did level 2 today, since I hadn’t done that one in a while, but I’m almost tempted to say that both levels 1 and 2 are equally challenging in different ways. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I followed up yoga with 15 minutes of xtreme crunch abs, courtesy of Ms. Jackie Warner. Her videos are no joke, seriously. That 15 minutes had me sweating FAST. So much so that I even debated on showing you guys a sweaty self-portrait, but I decided to save you all the trouble. You’re welcome. Smile

Time to get back to the day…hope you guys are making it a great one!

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm

That salad looks tasty! :)
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #5

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I have a run, my FitMixer bootcamp workout ahead of me and maybe a 20 minute yoga session. I’m at 2 times for the week so far (my goal is 3) and I plan at least 2 more days. Once I get back in the habit, I am reminded of how amazing it makes my body and mind feel. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancake

3 Faith @ For the Health of It June 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

It’s awesome to knock out most of the day’s nutrition requirements n the first meal or meals! And yes, caffeine is its own food group…

4 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl June 6, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I just started Jillian Michael’s 6 week Abs. I’ve seen some great results so far. Have you tried it? What were your thoughts on it?
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Best Fly Spray for Horses: What’s your pick? {Poll}

5 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl June 6, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oops meant to say I’ve been doing..not started. Haha If I could see results after just starting that would be awesome..reality is..it’s taken 6 weeks.

6 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I have tried it and I liked it a lot, but I never followed it for the full 6 weeks. I’ve just used it intermittently throughout workouts.

7 Alysha @Shesontherun June 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I’m eating salad right now out of that exact same pyrex bowl :)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wisconsin Cheese Tour Part 2: Hook’s Cheese

8 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm

It’s a GREAT salad bowl, isn’t it? ;)

9 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

did you find jillian michael’s yoga meltdown at a store or did you purchase it online? i’ve casually been looking when i go to stores (i.e. walmart, target), but i can never find it.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #37: Nut Butter Crazed

10 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 6, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Ashley – it’s usually pretty cheap on Amazon!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Very Snacky Day

11 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I bought mine online at Amazon

12 Sana June 6, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I hope you have a lovely day!

13 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Thanks, Sana! You too :)

14 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I’m weaker in my upper body than my legs, so Level 1 is much harder for me!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Very Snacky Day

15 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 3:54 pm

That’s exactly what I was thinking!

16 Lisa June 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I love Jackie Warner’s videos, they always give me that awesome burn! I think I prefer her over Jillian Michaels. Your salad looks delicious! I love eating my salads out of huge mixing bowls ;)
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #11

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 6, 2012 at 3:15 pm

You really are becoming a changed woman! You’re making me want to try yoga, and normally, I’m not interested!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A weekend devoid of nutrients.

18 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I have the Jillian Michaels video and have to agree about levels one and two. Actually, overall, I think level one challenges me more than level two!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW: First Week of Summer!

19 Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run June 6, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Which jackie Warner videos do you do?
Jen Correa @ Mom’s Gotta Run recently posted..National Running Day

20 Courtney June 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm

This one was her Xtreme Abs DVD but I’ve tried a few and liked them all! Especially her total body circuit one…INTENSE

21 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 6, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I haven’t tried level 2 of the yoga meltdown – I did level 1 once and then ended up just sticking with yoga classes since I like the group atmosphere. I’ll have to give level 2 a shot!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Gluten-Free Diamond Jubilee Part 2

22 Lindsey June 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I agree that levels one and two are equally challenging! I prefer level one, just like the moves better. I did level one this morning :) Got my two yoga days in for the week!
Lindsey recently posted..Two Desserts & Healthy Foods

23 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony June 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I just got the Jillian Michael’s DVD, and I was debating which level to do. Right now I’m off for a run and then to try the yoga portion of 10 Pound Slimdown I just got in the mail. :)

Oh, and cranberries and feta or cramberries and goat cheese are fantastic combinations!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Back on Track

24 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I’m curious about Jackie Warner’s ab workout~I had an interview with her once, and she is one inspiring and dedicated woman! And I always love all your meals. They look wholesome and tasty.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Pimp My Crib

25 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I sometimes think that going to “beginner” level classes from time to time have a lot of benefits. Getting back to the basics is a must so you can really focus on your form and take your more intermediate classes to the next level.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Dandelion Greens: Not your Average Weed

26 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily June 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm

The salad looks delicious!!!
I’ve only been able to do level 1 of yoga meltdown, killer, but I loved it!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Time Flies

27 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction June 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm

You salad looks oober yummy! :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Guest Post: Jillian McKee

28 Baking Serendipity June 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I love filled to the brim salads like that one! It’s my favorite way to empty out the fridge :)
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Peanut Butter Iced Coffee

29 Suzanne June 6, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I don’t know why but I tend to forget about the Jackie Warner video that I have. I am getting it out tonight and making it my workout tomorrow because you are right, she gives a GOOD workout!!

Gosh, I didn’t get NEAR enough veggies today. Just one of those days…..guess I need to make up for it tomorrow!!
Suzanne recently posted..Time for a Little Pick-Me Up!

30 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 6, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I might need to get some yoga DVDs…the only one I have is P90X and that is 90 minutes long. my patience can’t last through that, haha
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..rainy evening and a special delivery

31 Miz June 7, 2012 at 5:52 am

Im not into DVDs at ALL.
except for la warners :)
I own em all. love em all.
Miz recently posted..Question: Praying for what we dont want!

32 Courtney June 7, 2012 at 10:27 am

Have you ever tried any Amy Dixon dvd’s? I have her Breathless Body and Super Fit Bod. Both are awesome with a capital A! Breathless is a tabata style workout and the other is more of a circuit workout.

33 Courtney June 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

I tried a couple of her workouts when they were available On Demand, but I haven’t in a while. I did enjoy them though!