Get The Day Rollin’

by Courtney on June 9, 2012

Hey friends! Happy weekend to you all! What’s shakin’ over in your neck of the woods?

Last night after I got out of work, I headed on down to watch Jay and the rest of the boys play their softball game.

He had a good game and the team won, which made for a very happy hubby, brother, and dad…and, in turn, a happy me too. Smile

After the game, came home, ate a very non-exciting veggie burger for dinner, and lounged around watching some TV before calling it a night.

*****

I made sure to set my alarm fairly early this morning so I could get the day rollin’. I’ve gotta head to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for our special dinner guests tonight, then I’m off to meet up with this fun lady for coffee, and then I’m headed to my cousin Denise’s bridal shower.

But first…breakfast!

Scrambled eggs with feta cheese and ketchup.

Plus whole wheat toast with peanut butter + pumpkin butter.

Plus the random small heel piece of the bread that was hangin’ out in the bag. Couldn’t let that go to waste.

Plus coffee, of course.

Even if I am going to get more in just a couple hours.

It’s gonna be a busy day, but it should be a fun one for sure. Have a great day everyone!

Question for the Morning:

Do you usually set an alarm on weekends or do you wake up early naturally?

If I need to get up early, it’s an alarm for me every.single.time. I just am not a natural early bird…for those of you who are, teach me your ways! Winking smile

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

Sometimes I set my alarm but I usually wake up at 7:30-8:00 on my own! Glad your hubby won his game!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Healthy Snacking

2 Khushboo Thadani June 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

Sundays are the best…I rarely ever make plans which start early in the day and it’s also my day off the gym so that only means one thing: alarm is switched off, curtains are shut and I just keep sleepin’ till I wake up naturally. To say it’s glorious is an understatement and on that note BRING ON TOMORROW :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Caprese Omelet

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 9, 2012 at 10:06 am

I definitely always have to set my alarm – I don’t think I’ll ever become an early bird even though I’d love to be one!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Easy and Tasty Lemon Yogurt Chicken and My Yoga Experience So Far

4 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath June 9, 2012 at 10:13 am

I always need an alarm too! Can’t wake up early without it!

5 Lindsey June 9, 2012 at 10:18 am

I let myself wake up naturally unless there is a reason to wake up by a certain time. I usually naturally wake up before 7am anyways.
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

6 Suzanne June 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

Saturday is my day for sleeping in so NO alarm!! Of course, sleeping in is usually 7:30 because I feel like I waste the day if I sleep much later than that!

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you!! At least it is filled with lots of fun events and friends!!
Suzanne recently posted..Blue Skies, Smiling at me!

7 michelle kim June 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

I generally set an alarm every single day, but once in a while when I know I have a free morning and I haven’t been able to sleep, I’ll just set the alarm about 10 hours ahead and hope to sleep in and wake up without the alarm.
michelle kim recently posted..Interesting Night

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 9, 2012 at 10:47 am

i’m mostly a fan of NO alarm clock on saturdays, but it depends what we have going on. if it’s a busy day, i’ll set it, but most of the time my internal clock wakes me up no later than 7:30 am anyways. sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

9 Shannon June 9, 2012 at 10:49 am

On the weekends, I just wake up when I want to. Usually, it’s by 8 a.m. that I wake up, but today, I slept until 10:30 because I couldn’t fall asleep until after midnight. :(

10 Suzanne June 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

Hoping this comment actually shows up this time!! Not sure why they aren’t posting?!

I try to sleep in every Saturday so NO alarm. Sleeping in for me is usually 7:30 though. If I sleep much later I feel like I am wasting the day away.
Suzanne recently posted..Giveaway and Workout Wrap Up

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

I naturally wake up early because my body is so used to waking up early everyday but I still set an alarm because I hate feeling like I have slept my whole day away.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Calorie Counting

12 Lily June 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

One thing that really helps me get up is the sun! Rather than pulling the blinds in my bedroom, I just pull my curtains which let the light in naturally in the morning, this really helps on my weekdays for work! On the weekends I pull my blinds those so I can sleep in :D

13 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 9, 2012 at 11:35 am

I wake up naturally and it’s normally early because I get so excited to think of all the things I could do! Have fun today!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Grilled Gypsy Peppers Stuffed with Tomatoes

14 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes June 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Unless I have a race or morning fitness class, I usually don’t set an alarm on the weekends–Saturday and Sunday are for relaxing and sleeping in :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..It’s Race Day

15 Yaitza June 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Meals look good, you’re making the cottage cheese I had this morning look so sad..lol I’m an early bird, the rest of my family sleep ’til noon on the weekends, it’s kinda nice to have the house all to my self in the mornings though…;o) Have a great weekend.

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I have a nice little alarm clock known as my dog :) 5 a.m. this lovely Saturday!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Oh Well, It’s the Weekend

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate June 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I’m an alarm person through and though. Hate wasting the weekends so I like to get up bright and early. I only end up all headachey otherwise! Hope your busy day is going as planned :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..2 months to the year

18 Emily June 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I’m one of those people that naturally gets up early… During the semester and on Sundays, that means a 5:00 a.m. alarm clock, but now that I’ve been off school for three weeks, I’m still waking up early whether I like it or not! No alarm now, just my body insisting that I get up at 6!
Emily recently posted..Thankful Thursday: A Privilege, Not a Right

19 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I generally don’t set my alarm to get up ever. I have a 16 month old daughter that loves to wake up around 6:30 and let me know she’s up and ready to play. She always gets my day going for me. lol
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Busy Weekend

20 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm

If I want to wake up early I MUST set an alarm. No matter what time I go to bed the night before I will not wake up before 10:00. I am not an early bird.
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Rain Rain Go Away…