Get The Day Rollin’

Hey friends! Happy weekend to you all! What’s shakin’ over in your neck of the woods?

Last night after I got out of work, I headed on down to watch Jay and the rest of the boys play their softball game.

He had a good game and the team won, which made for a very happy hubby, brother, and dad…and, in turn, a happy me too. Smile

After the game, came home, ate a very non-exciting veggie burger for dinner, and lounged around watching some TV before calling it a night.

*****

I made sure to set my alarm fairly early this morning so I could get the day rollin’. I’ve gotta head to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for our special dinner guests tonight, then I’m off to meet up with this fun lady for coffee, and then I’m headed to my cousin Denise’s bridal shower.

But first…breakfast!

Scrambled eggs with feta cheese and ketchup.

Plus whole wheat toast with peanut butter + pumpkin butter.

Plus the random small heel piece of the bread that was hangin’ out in the bag. Couldn’t let that go to waste.

Plus coffee, of course.

Even if I am going to get more in just a couple hours.

It’s gonna be a busy day, but it should be a fun one for sure. Have a great day everyone!

Question for the Morning:

Do you usually set an alarm on weekends or do you wake up early naturally?

If I need to get up early, it’s an alarm for me every.single.time. I just am not a natural early bird…for those of you who are, teach me your ways! Winking smile

Comments

Sundays are the best…I rarely ever make plans which start early in the day and it’s also my day off the gym so that only means one thing: alarm is switched off, curtains are shut and I just keep sleepin’ till I wake up naturally. To say it’s glorious is an understatement and on that note BRING ON TOMORROW :)!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Caprese Omelet

Saturday is my day for sleeping in so NO alarm!! Of course, sleeping in is usually 7:30 because I feel like I waste the day if I sleep much later than that!

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you!! At least it is filled with lots of fun events and friends!!
    Suzanne recently posted..Blue Skies, Smiling at me!

I generally set an alarm every single day, but once in a while when I know I have a free morning and I haven’t been able to sleep, I’ll just set the alarm about 10 hours ahead and hope to sleep in and wake up without the alarm.
    michelle kim recently posted..Interesting Night

i’m mostly a fan of NO alarm clock on saturdays, but it depends what we have going on. if it’s a busy day, i’ll set it, but most of the time my internal clock wakes me up no later than 7:30 am anyways. sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

On the weekends, I just wake up when I want to. Usually, it’s by 8 a.m. that I wake up, but today, I slept until 10:30 because I couldn’t fall asleep until after midnight. :(

Hoping this comment actually shows up this time!! Not sure why they aren’t posting?!

I try to sleep in every Saturday so NO alarm. Sleeping in for me is usually 7:30 though. If I sleep much later I feel like I am wasting the day away.
    Suzanne recently posted..Giveaway and Workout Wrap Up

7. Lily says

One thing that really helps me get up is the sun! Rather than pulling the blinds in my bedroom, I just pull my curtains which let the light in naturally in the morning, this really helps on my weekdays for work! On the weekends I pull my blinds those so I can sleep in :D

8. Yaitza says

Meals look good, you’re making the cottage cheese I had this morning look so sad..lol I’m an early bird, the rest of my family sleep ’til noon on the weekends, it’s kinda nice to have the house all to my self in the mornings though…;o) Have a great weekend.

I’m one of those people that naturally gets up early… During the semester and on Sundays, that means a 5:00 a.m. alarm clock, but now that I’ve been off school for three weeks, I’m still waking up early whether I like it or not! No alarm now, just my body insisting that I get up at 6!
    Emily recently posted..Thankful Thursday: A Privilege, Not a Right