It’s Right Around the Corner

by Courtney on June 11, 2012

A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from my wonderful blend, Heather. It’s not out of the ordinary for me to receive emails, or letters, or even letters for Cody for that matter. But this particular email was pretty exciting…

I’m sure by now, if you’ve been participating and/or lurking around the healthy living blog world for any amount of time, you’ve probably heard about the Healthy Living Summit. While I didn’t attend the first year, I did make it the second year in Chicago and then again last year in Philadelphia. Both trips were absolutely fantastic, and I can’t even begin to describe how awesome it was to be able to meet so many awesome people all in one place.

(And somewhat get over my fear of speaking in front of a bunch of people!)

Well this year, HLS is happening once again, in Boston, and it’s being presented by Healthy Living Blogs, which Heather is a major part of. (<—FYI, if you aren’t already a member of HLB, I would definitely encourage you to join. It’s an incredible resource!)

So when I read Heather’s email, she said that she was looking to put together a really kick-ass planning committee…and then she asked ME to be a member of “Team HLB.”

Initially, I was completely stoked, but then I had to take a step back and really figure out if it was something I could do. This summer is jam packed for me, on top of being in two of my best friends’ weddings. I expressed these concerns of mine to Heather, since I was apprehensive to commit to something that I just wasn’t sure I could actually be a part of.

Lucky for me, we’ve been able to work it out where, no matter what I end up doing with my travel plans, I’m still going to be a part of the planning committee.

I’m really looking forward to helping out with HLS this year, not only because it’s an awesome event, but because I’ve also always LOVED planning events, parties, and other things of that nature.

In fact (side note), I (along with the help of my brother and some other family friends) successfully threw my parents a surprise 25th wedding anniversary party five years ago.

431

456457

Oh gosh, that party got crazy… Winking smile

483

But anyways, that’s besides the point…

The point IS in fact that the Healthy Living Summit is right around the corner and registration is opening TOMORROW, at 8:00pm ET. I know in the past, tickets have sold out rather quickly, so if you’re thinking about attending, just a heads up.

Some other info…

• There’s a very brief outline of an agenda up right now too, so be sure to check that out …there’s some awesome ladies speaking this year!
  • The Healthy Living Summit also has a Facebook page, which is constantly being updated with information and news, so feel free to take a peek over there too.
  • Feel free to follow @HLSummit and @bloghealthy on Twitter to get caught up on some of the latest happenings.
  • And finally, if you are planning on attending (or still possibly thinking about it), right now Healthy Living Blogs is offering one reserved ticket to HLS at $50 off.

To enter that giveaway, head on over to this HLB page and check out how to get yourself in the running…the contest is only open until this evening, so act quick!

I’m hoping to be able to make it to HLS this year, especially since it’s only a car ride away. But even if it doesn’t work out, I’m still absolutely looking forward to working with the rest of the fabulous ladies on the planning committee and helping to get it all off the ground and running.

Anyone else planning to attend the Healthy Living Summit this year? Smile

1 Khushboo June 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm

HLS sounds so awesome and right up my alley! There are so many bloggers, including you of course, that I would love to meet! If only Boston wasn’t so far! You guys are gonna have a blast and a half :)
Khushboo recently posted..Re-defining “healthy”

2 Caitlin June 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm

YESSSS! I’m so happy it’s taking place near me – I can’t WAIT to go!
Caitlin recently posted..Blending at the Coventry Farmer’s Market

3 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 11, 2012 at 1:19 pm

This sounds great! I wish I could go but we have two weddings coming up, one of which is in Mass and those plane tickets aren’t cheap. I’m definitely going to look for this next year though. I can’t wait to hear all about it!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Busy Weekend

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 11, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I wish I could make it!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Couple Friends

5 AlexandraFunFit June 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm

hahahaha. Is that a typo perhaps? “wonderful blend” What a small world – we joined HLB way back when there were about 50 members. Wow. Congrats on your participation in the planning. And if you need speakers who can also lead a fantastic workout, let us know. We’re doing our “Write to Be Read & Attract Brand Attention” as the panel leaders at the Fitness Health Bloggers conference, and have our “How to Get Booked on Online Radio” too. Even if you don’t want us, I can ask Qignition to send an instructor over to lead a QiDance class. Our linked post in this comment explains what it is, and it is truly a lot of fun.
AlexandraFunFit recently posted..You Should be Qi-Dancing, Yeah!

6 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 11, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I am dyyyyinnnggg to go! I hope I can :D
I think you would do awesome speaking!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Marvelous Round Two

7 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 11, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Wish I could swing it!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday #1

8 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition June 11, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’ve been waiting to go to this! Hopefully this year is the year : )
Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition recently posted..nectresse Event with Lisa Ling

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 11, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I wish I could go! When I found out it was in Boston I was so excited because that’s only an hour drive for me, but then I found out it’s happening the weekend after I move to Houston for grad school :/
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Tomato Mozzerella Pasta: Simplicity at its Best

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’ve decided to go, but I’m nervous, I don’t know anyone!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Sing You Home

11 Michelle @ Blogitness June 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I’d love to go, but I don’t know if my schedule will allow it!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..What is EPOC (Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption)?

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I would love to go but Baby Spinach and Sprinkles should be making its debut sometime around then… Wouldn’t that make for an exciting trip?! ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..A place for our sweet baby to sleep & 27 weeks

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate June 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I would love to attend…is Ireland a bit to travel from…I’m seriously considering it!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Sticky and Sweet and Spicy

14 Carly June 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I’d love to attend but don’t know how I’d make it work money wise!! :( All the conferences are so far from me.
Carly recently posted..Burpee Challenge & Another Travel WOD

15 Meredith @ DareYouTo June 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I’d love to attend! A discount would seriously help offset transportation costs, though. Hope I get to go :) can’t wait!
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Quinoa with Greens, Tomatoes, and Feta

16 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 11, 2012 at 3:15 pm

That sounds amazing! I hope I am able to make it! I know with you on the crew it is bound to be fabulous.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Meatless Monday: Start your Week Meat-Free

17 Sana June 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I still have awesome memories of us eating Indian food at HLS 2 years ago! I am not sure if I can make it out this year, but I can’t wait to read your recaps!
Sana recently posted..The Imperfect Workout

18 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I’m so excited about the HLS! I’m sure you will do an awesome job with the planning. I live in Boston so it is the perfect location for me! I’m just worried about getting a ticket! I hope I can get one! It will be my first one attending so I am really looking forward to it and to meeting everyone!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Groceries, Meal Prep, and Plans for the Week!

19 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 11, 2012 at 3:26 pm

ahhhh that’s awesome girly! congrats!!!! =) I want to go — I’m going to look into Ps homecoming dates as things get nearer and see if I can sneak over! Though they might sell out by the time i get his sched? ahh yikes! anywho — so excited for you!
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Search Engine Shenanigans

20 Laura June 11, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I really want to go to this one year… I think this year I’m heading to Fitbloggin and can’t do both, but it sounds like such a great conference!
Laura recently posted..Fitness Bucket list and a winner

21 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Congrats on being asked to help plan the summit! It sounds like a lot of fun. I’d love to go to something like this one day!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Visit to Burwash Manor

22 Kierston June 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I would LOVE too!
Kierston recently posted..FFA Competitor Spotlight: Meaghan Kesterton

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Congrats on being asked to be a part of the planning committee! That’s a pretty neat honor!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fro-yo, wine tasting, and strawberry milkshakes: A winning weekend combination.

24 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre June 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

How fun! Best of luck with planning. Joe and I will be in Mexico so I won’t be attending this year. I can’t complain – I mean, I’ll be on the beach, but at the same time, I’m bummed because it’s always great to catch up with blends!

25 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

the HLS sounds great! I’m sure you will do a great job planning!

26 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I would LOOVE to attend HLS, but I won’t be able to make it this year. Hopefully the next one!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..clearance rack inspiration

27 Courtney June 11, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I wish I could attend HLS, but Boston is quite a long distance from Texas. I hope to go someday if it comes closer to home or if I can just find some way to go up north. I’m sure you’re gonna do a great job with planning though.
Courtney recently posted..A New Found Love of Yogurt Bowls

28 Brittany @ Britt's Blurbs June 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm

How fun that you get to help plan it! That would be a blast!

I’m going to try to attend! It would be such a great experience!
Brittany @ Britt’s Blurbs recently posted..Apricot Farro Salad

29 LauraMae June 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm

AH! I totally wish I could go! That is my dream right now, besides running a marathon!!
LauraMae recently posted..Baby I’m a Firework!

30 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I have sort of been going back & forth with whether or not I can go. My husband & I are trying to buy a house & sadly, I don’t think extra money for fun stuff like this will be easy to come by!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Banana Walnut Baked Oatmeal + Weekend Recap

31 Sara June 11, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I definitely want to attend! What is the maximum attendance capacity and does it fill up quickly after registration opens??
Sara recently posted..In Small Doses: NYC Part 1

32 Elle June 11, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Not a chance for me to attend but I do love to read about it and see the agenda and then read all the blog posts from those who are lucky enough to attend. I will tweet this post to share.
Elle recently posted..Get Your Runner’s Feet Get Ready For Sandal Season

33 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction June 11, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’m going!!!! I can’t wait to buy my ticket tomorrow! I really hope you make it! This will be my first ever blog conference, and it’s so convenient because it’s in Boston! :) Can’t wait!!!!

34 Heather June 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm

yay planning committee! I hope you are able to come!
Heather recently posted..Be Your Own Advocate

35 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 11, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I got to go last year but I’m on the fence with this year as I’m just not sure how it will fit into the finances. The ticket price isn’t bad but then there’s the hotel + airfare on top of it…and time off work. I haven’t decided but I either need to decide or let fate decide for me.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Paper Aeroplane

36 Katy June 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! It sounds like am amazing opportunity especially because I live in Boston! :-)
Katy recently posted..Holy Prednisone, I’m Going Crazy