Wicked Fast

by Courtney on June 11, 2012

I love it when I can have a meal ready and on the coffee table in less than twenty minutes.

We decided to keep things easy in the dinner department over here this evening; initially, we were planning on hitting up the driving range after dinner (it’s been quite a while since I was last there), but both of us ended up bailing on the idea since we’re feeling a bit tired and lazy.

I guess that’s what I get for staying up to watch Mr. Powell

Tonight’s dinner came together wicked fast, thanks to a box of Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar.

While the pasta cooked, I heated up a couple of Italian-style chicken sausages, steamed up some fresh spinach, and opened up a can of diced tomatoes…throw it all together and you’ve got a quick, more nutritious version of mac & cheese.

So, so good.

I may end up doing some baking tonight, but that’s still undecided. Then again, I may just pass out on the couch too. Who knows. Hopefully you’re having a more exciting evening than I am! Winking smile

1 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third June 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Easy & healthy meals are the best kind! This version of Mac & Cheese might be something that both my husband and I could BOTH agree on… one of the very few recipes! :)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..A weekend of no plans but lots of fun!

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I love quick meals too – my meal was quite similar tonight. I cooked up a batch of rice and then threw in whatever veggies and beans I had lying around. It worked!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..living in the moment

3 Courtney June 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm

My dinner was very quick… because it was leftovers. Leftovers are good in that you have food ready when you want it, but I’m a girl who likes some variety.
Courtney recently posted..A New Found Love of Yogurt Bowls

4 Maura @ my healthy 'ohana June 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I just do happen to have a box of Annie’s shells and cheddar that we need to use up, so excited to try your recipe! I like it when you can bulk up an easy base with veggies and protein :)
Maura @ my healthy ‘ohana recently posted..Scrambled eggs in the microwave?

5 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I love adding extra ingredients to Mac ‘n Cheese!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..clearance rack inspiration

6 Angela June 11, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Annie’s mac and cheese is what I am planning on busting out for dinner, fast easy and my husband loves it!
Angela recently posted..Lazy Sunday

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 11, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I love taking boxed mac and cheese and turning it into a healthier version of a favorite! I like to throw frozen veggies in on the last few minutes of the pasta cooking time and then add canned tuna when you’re stirring everything together. So delicious.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Paper Aeroplane

8 Megan@ The Running Doc June 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Annie’s Mac and cheese is the best! I’ll have to try healthifying it up with veggies!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..My Old Kentucky Home

9 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Speaking of delicious dinners, I made your Chicken Buffalo Pasta tonight and it was a hit with the entire family!! When a 6 and 4 year old gobble it up, that says it is GOOD!! I will have to put this one into my “recipes to try” list as well!!

Enjoy a relaxing evening!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..The Definition of Insanity

10 LauraMae June 11, 2012 at 8:33 pm

YUM! That made me hungry and I still have a bike ride home to start dinner! I want to bake, too….want to being the operative word. =)
LauraMae recently posted..Gun Shot Alarm and Half-Marathon Training

11 Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson June 11, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I brought home Annie’s Mac and Cheese last week. The cheddar one and the white cheddar one. TJ is so skeptical about all the new nutritious stuff I bring home, and we really liked it.
Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson recently posted..Busy Weekend

12 Lauren June 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Love the white shells but I haven’t had them in ages! Hope you enjoy a nice lazy night at home. :)
Lauren recently posted..Summer 2012: My Best One Yet

13 Katy June 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I love quick meals. I always have some mac and cheese or a Pasta Side on hand for night’s like these. Just add some meat and veggies and you are good to go!
Katy recently posted..Holy Prednisone, I’m Going Crazy

14 Kaylie June 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Quick dinners are the only way to go! Maybe it’s because of my laziness, but I rarely ever have the energy to cook a dinner that takes more then 20 minutes most nights. ;)
Kaylie recently posted..Pink Shorts & Turkey-Banana Bread

15 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family June 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm

These are the kind of meals I make most nights. Easy, healthy, and delicious. can’t lose!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up and Cassidy’s 10 Month Update

16 Linz @ Itz Linz June 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm

wickedly fast? i made 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies: 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup pb. amazeballs.
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday Giveaway

17 Jenna@Redheadrunningwild June 11, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I think I will have to try this Annie’s Mac and Cheese, it sounds delicious! I love quick meals, especially when they turn out super yummy!
Jenna@Redheadrunningwild recently posted..My first Strong Class and a POUND of chocolate cake

18 Ali June 11, 2012 at 11:28 pm

looks great! I may just have to take this idea! :)

19 Lisa June 11, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Quick meals are the best! They are all I can usually handle by the end of the day. Enjoy your relaxing night at home!
Lisa recently posted..Asking for help

20 Miz June 12, 2012 at 6:26 am

it was couch couch couch here :)
Miz recently posted..Rhyming Miz. What’s my workout is**.

21 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 12, 2012 at 8:27 am

I love quick dinners like that! Annie’s Mac and Cheese is so good :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Chicken Piccata & Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chip Cookie!…

22 Katie June 12, 2012 at 11:41 am

Love that dinner. . . need to copy it soon!
Katie recently posted..Weekend highlights

23 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life June 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Yummm, this looks so simple and easy! I love sprucing up pasta!