Really Something Special

Hey, did you guys hear what today is? Actually, it’s quite a few things, as you’ll see below, but first things first. You know how I love to celebrate all of the random holidays and all…

It’s National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

And I can’t think of any better way to celebrate than with a batch of my Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.

Go ahead…it’s for the sake of the holiday and all. Winking smile

Despite getting an extreme craving for peanut butter once finding out the news, I was actually pretty psyched to put together today’s non-peanut buttery lunch.

I made up a big batch of sweet tuna salad, using a can of tuna, honey mustard, light mayo, sweet pickle relish, carrots, cucumbers, onions, celery, red grapes, dried cranberries, and a little S&P.

Sweet tuna salad is seriously the way to go, guys. It’s the best…especially when you have some leftover baked tortilla scoops to pair it with.

My original plan was to serve it on top a bed of lettuce, but when I opened the veggie drawer, I was greeted with a nasty bag of brown romaine. Yuck.

It’s about time to get back to work, but I have one last thing before signing off this afternoon. Today, after ironically just talking about it yesterday, is a very special day for two very special people…

It’s Mom & Dad’s 30th wedding anniversary. Smile

I could go on and on about these two. Seriously. Obviously, they’re my parents and I love them to pieces, but they’re marriage is really something special. If I end up being in the same place they are in 27-1/2 years, I’ll be one happy woman.

Want to know what else I just realized? It was also exactly a year ago today that Cody hijacked the blog and I was on vacation in OBX

Oh, how I wish I was back there again right now (our friends just left to go down on Saturday). Hey, maybe next year? Smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you have any vacations planned this summer?

Do you know any family or friends who have an impressive wedding anniversary?

1. Carol T. says

Courtney – Your Mom & Dad are such a beautiful couple and you can see in their eyes all the love they have for each other . My husband Tom and I will be celebrating our anniversary in November of 36 years. We still act like newlyweds… May your marriage be as special as your parents and mine.

2. Courtney says

Your mom is gorgeous!!!

No big vacations planned, just a week at the beach in NH in July and a long weekend getaway in August, also up in NH. We bought a house this year so no big island trips (I can’t complain though, I’d much rather take the house!) My aunt and uncle are celebrating their 40th anniversary this October!!

Happy Anniversary to your parents! :) It is soooo amazing to see how love evolves over time- my parents have been married for over 30 years and they are THE BEST example of love. It has its ups and downs but it is always there, no matter what.
    No vacations- just lots of nesting. I would loooove a good vacation though!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I envy you….

I hope my marriage will still be going strong in 30 years too. That’s amazing that you have such inspiration for that :). I guess it’s a good sign that I still find my husband a stud after 2.5 years haha…and wonder how he possibly went for me when he could have gone for anyone else!

I hope to go on a vacay this summer, if not, then I might cry. Especially with how awesome the weather has been so far :)
    char eats GREENS recently posted..the ‘everything from your garden’ potato salad

I’m actually going to go on a road trip around America with my boyfriend and his family. We’re making stops like the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. I’m so excited!
    My parents just had their… 16th I think wedding anniversary somewhat recently. 27 years is impressive. Happy anniversary to them :)
    Courtney @ Outrunning Insecurities recently posted..Fall Down, Get Back Up

Congrats to your parents…..staying the course is such a rare thing now a days. I agree with the others, you can tell they really love one another…..that’s so great!

I don’t have any specific vacations planned, but I do plan on taking an extended bike ride later this summer if that counts.

I always go to Cape Cod the last week of June with my family. It’s a yearly tradition- it’s easier to get a house that week because it’s before the after 4th of July tourist crowds and the rates are much cheaper off season than when the season starts after July 4th.

My parents are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this December. No, there’s not going to be a party; they’ll probably just go out to dinner and then…then I don’t know what us kids will do.

Wow, today’s a big day! Congratulations to your parents on their 30th wedding anniversary; that’s great. :) I seriously need to read that Cody post. I’ll do that now.

8. Tracey says

We all just celebrated my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary! We should all hope to make it that long and be that happy.

My parents have been married 29 years–gotta start planning for 30! Maybe my brother and I will throw them a party! My grandparents have been married 61 (?) years…somewhere around there. So impressive!
    Coco recently posted..Anthem for Women

10. Vanessa N says

Hey Courtney! I’m actually going to the Outer Banks at the end of the month for the first time ever! Any “must-see” places/restaurants/etc.?

Congrats to your parents! My husband and I are having our first anniversary this month… while at the OBX!

Congratulations to your parents! My parents have been married 36 years, and I hope for us to one day be as an amazing of an example of love at that age as they are.
    We will definitely be down the shore since we are so close, but hopefully HLS will be a mini-vaca! We are also planning a hiking trip to Bushkill Falls for a long weekend. :)
    Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Strawberry Banana Oats

12. Jen says

The most important vacation I’ll be taking this summer is with my hubby for our 1st wedding anniversary, in July. And we’re going to Palm Springs, CA, all the way from podunk Wisconsin. :)

Also…in February, my hubby’s grandparents’ celebrated their 63rd anniversary!! They’re both 84 and amazing!

13. Jessica Kane says

My grandparents made it to 68.5 years of marriage! October 2010 would have been 69 but Grampy passed away that May! My parents have been married 37.5 and my in-laws just celebrated 35 in this passed May!

Ohhh I’m curious about your parents! I am always blessed and happy when I get to hear about beautiful couples and their beautiful marriages. And your tuna salad always looks like a winner! I seriously love fish and smelly tuna–I shall try your recipe someday. :)
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Nearly Died but Lived

Congrats to your parents! My parents celebrated 31 years of wedded bliss in May. Like myself & my husband (and I believe you & Jay too) they started dating when they were teenagers. :)
    Trisha recently posted..Popcorn Monster