Really Something Special

by Courtney on June 12, 2012

Hey, did you guys hear what today is? Actually, it’s quite a few things, as you’ll see below, but first things first. You know how I love to celebrate all of the random holidays and all…

It’s National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

And I can’t think of any better way to celebrate than with a batch of my Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.

Go ahead…it’s for the sake of the holiday and all. Winking smile

Despite getting an extreme craving for peanut butter once finding out the news, I was actually pretty psyched to put together today’s non-peanut buttery lunch.

I made up a big batch of sweet tuna salad, using a can of tuna, honey mustard, light mayo, sweet pickle relish, carrots, cucumbers, onions, celery, red grapes, dried cranberries, and a little S&P.

Sweet tuna salad is seriously the way to go, guys. It’s the best…especially when you have some leftover baked tortilla scoops to pair it with.

My original plan was to serve it on top a bed of lettuce, but when I opened the veggie drawer, I was greeted with a nasty bag of brown romaine. Yuck.

*****

It’s about time to get back to work, but I have one last thing before signing off this afternoon. Today, after ironically just talking about it yesterday, is a very special day for two very special people…

It’s Mom & Dad’s 30th wedding anniversary. Smile

I could go on and on about these two. Seriously. Obviously, they’re my parents and I love them to pieces, but they’re marriage is really something special. If I end up being in the same place they are in 27-1/2 years, I’ll be one happy woman.

Want to know what else I just realized? It was also exactly a year ago today that Cody hijacked the blog and I was on vacation in OBX

Oh, how I wish I was back there again right now (our friends just left to go down on Saturday). Hey, maybe next year? Smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you have any vacations planned this summer?

Do you know any family or friends who have an impressive wedding anniversary?

1 Sana June 12, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I don’t have any vacations planned for the summer, but i am happy to chill at home and save up $$!
Sana recently posted..Blogging and Vlogging

2 Carol T. June 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Courtney – Your Mom & Dad are such a beautiful couple and you can see in their eyes all the love they have for each other . My husband Tom and I will be celebrating our anniversary in November of 36 years. We still act like newlyweds… May your marriage be as special as your parents and mine.

3 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction June 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

We usually go to Maine every summer, but because my due date is at the end of July we sadly do not get a vacation this year :(

I am definitely going home and making some peanut butter cookies :)
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Maternity Monday – 33 Weeks

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! 30 years is absolutely wonderful! :) That is something to be so proud of!

I’m going to Sandals in Antigua in August for my honeymoon. I cannot wait :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Chicken Piccata & Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chip Cookie!…

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Aww Happy Anniversary to your parents!! :) :) :)

We’re going on a Mediterranean cruise this summer, and I can’t wait! It’s going to be a blast!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fro-yo, wine tasting, and strawberry milkshakes: A winning weekend combination.

6 Khushboo June 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Happy anniversary to your wonderful parents…cheers to an even better 30 years ahead :)! I have London on my agenda in August. I am psyched to say the least :)
Khushboo recently posted..Re-defining “healthy”

7 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Congrats to the rents! :) I do have a vacation planned for summer, and I’m so excited! Barcelona + Prague, here I come!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Sweet Shows & Sweet Potatoes

8 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 12, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Aw happy anniversary to your parents! I wish I were going on vacation this summer – no such luck!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sun-Dried Tomato Artichoke Pizza

9 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction June 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I just got back from Aruba and I want to go back sooo baddddd! I have nothing planned on the books as of now, but hopefully something will come up!

10 Courtney June 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Your mom is gorgeous!!!

No big vacations planned, just a week at the beach in NH in July and a long weekend getaway in August, also up in NH. We bought a house this year so no big island trips (I can’t complain though, I’d much rather take the house!) My aunt and uncle are celebrating their 40th anniversary this October!!

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 12, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! My parents hit their 30th anniversary in 2 weeks! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Summer Bucket List 2012

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! :) It is soooo amazing to see how love evolves over time- my parents have been married for over 30 years and they are THE BEST example of love. It has its ups and downs but it is always there, no matter what.
No vacations- just lots of nesting. I would loooove a good vacation though!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..I envy you….

13 char eats GREENS June 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I hope my marriage will still be going strong in 30 years too. That’s amazing that you have such inspiration for that :). I guess it’s a good sign that I still find my husband a stud after 2.5 years haha…and wonder how he possibly went for me when he could have gone for anyone else!

I hope to go on a vacay this summer, if not, then I might cry. Especially with how awesome the weather has been so far :)
char eats GREENS recently posted..the ‘everything from your garden’ potato salad

14 Courtney @ Outrunning Insecurities June 12, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I’m actually going to go on a road trip around America with my boyfriend and his family. We’re making stops like the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. I’m so excited!
My parents just had their… 16th I think wedding anniversary somewhat recently. 27 years is impressive. Happy anniversary to them :)
Courtney @ Outrunning Insecurities recently posted..Fall Down, Get Back Up

15 Renee June 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Awwww congrats! My parents just hit 31 years! Crazy! I sadly have NO vacation plans I need to make some :)
Renee recently posted..Chilly Treats

16 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl June 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Congrats to your parents! That is awesome!

I’m going on a cruise in August! I’m super excited and can’t wait. It seems like time is going by so slow now that I want it to speed up. :/
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Turn and Burn

17 Alysha @Shesontherun June 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Congrats to your parents! I’d love to be part of a couple who makes it to 50 years. My parents are celebrating 33 years this November – pretty amazing if you ask me!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wedding Weekend Recap

18 Lisa June 12, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents!! How amazing they’ve been together for so long. No plans so far for the summer, I hope something comes up so I have a vacay to look forward to!
Lisa recently posted..How To: Overnight Oat Bran

19 Jonathan Bechtel June 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Congrats to your parents…..staying the course is such a rare thing now a days. I agree with the others, you can tell they really love one another…..that’s so great!

I don’t have any specific vacations planned, but I do plan on taking an extended bike ride later this summer if that counts.

20 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess June 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Any excuse to eat pb is a winning day for me! I already had my pb banana oatmeal for breakfast, but more pb definately won’t hurt me! Congrats to your parents thats amazing! That will be you and Jay celebrating that yourselves one day:)
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..The Depression Begins

21 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine June 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m going to Vegas for the Fourth of July – I am SO excited.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Thai Shrimp Bisque

22 Shannon June 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I always go to Cape Cod the last week of June with my family. It’s a yearly tradition- it’s easier to get a house that week because it’s before the after 4th of July tourist crowds and the rates are much cheaper off season than when the season starts after July 4th.

My parents are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this December. No, there’s not going to be a party; they’ll probably just go out to dinner and then…then I don’t know what us kids will do.

Wow, today’s a big day! Congratulations to your parents on their 30th wedding anniversary; that’s great. :) I seriously need to read that Cody post. I’ll do that now.

23 Tracey June 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm

We all just celebrated my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary! We should all hope to make it that long and be that happy.

24 Coco June 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm

My parents have been married 29 years–gotta start planning for 30! Maybe my brother and I will throw them a party! My grandparents have been married 61 (?) years…somewhere around there. So impressive!
Coco recently posted..Anthem for Women

25 Vanessa N June 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Hey Courtney! I’m actually going to the Outer Banks at the end of the month for the first time ever! Any “must-see” places/restaurants/etc.?

Congrats to your parents! My husband and I are having our first anniversary this month… while at the OBX!

26 Courtney June 12, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Awww, how fun! YES! Check out this page… http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/favorites/restaurants-local-and-travel/
It lists my favorite restaurants I’ve been to in OBX :)

27 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony June 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Congratulations to your parents! My parents have been married 36 years, and I hope for us to one day be as an amazing of an example of love at that age as they are.
We will definitely be down the shore since we are so close, but hopefully HLS will be a mini-vaca! We are also planning a hiking trip to Bushkill Falls for a long weekend. :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Strawberry Banana Oats

28 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I REALLY want to go somewhere tropical! I feel like living on the east coast gives me access to some amazing places that would cost a fortune if I was flying from Colorado. Any suggestions for me??
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..How to Stop Worrying: 5 Steps to a Worry-Free Mind

29 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Happy anniversary to your parents! My parents are celebrating their 31st this year!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Productive Food Day and Flourless Oatmeal Cookies

30 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life June 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm

My grandparents make it to 55 years before my grandpa passed away. On their 50th anniversary we had a huge family party and they got medals from the mayor of their town in Poland for making it to their gold anniversary!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A New Natural Sweetener – Nectresse

31 Jen June 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm

The most important vacation I’ll be taking this summer is with my hubby for our 1st wedding anniversary, in July. And we’re going to Palm Springs, CA, all the way from podunk Wisconsin. :)

Also…in February, my hubby’s grandparents’ celebrated their 63rd anniversary!! They’re both 84 and amazing!

32 Jessica Kane June 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm

My grandparents made it to 68.5 years of marriage! October 2010 would have been 69 but Grampy passed away that May! My parents have been married 37.5 and my in-laws just celebrated 35 in this passed May!

33 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Ohhh I’m curious about your parents! I am always blessed and happy when I get to hear about beautiful couples and their beautiful marriages. And your tuna salad always looks like a winner! I seriously love fish and smelly tuna–I shall try your recipe someday. :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Nearly Died but Lived

34 Trisha June 12, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Congrats to your parents! My parents celebrated 31 years of wedded bliss in May. Like myself & my husband (and I believe you & Jay too) they started dating when they were teenagers. :)
Trisha recently posted..Popcorn Monster

35 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 13, 2012 at 3:15 am

I missed out on Peanut Butter Cookie day…but I may just try out your recipe later this week anyway! It looks so good.
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Rain Rain Go Away…

36 Erin June 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm

My parents celebrated their 37th anniversary this year!