Automatically Yummy

by Courtney on June 14, 2012

Mornin’ folks!

After a great night of sleep (8 hours, baby!) I’m ready to tackle this day…who’s with me?!?

Dinner last night was super delicious, thanks to a little action on the grill.

Earlier in the day, I marinated some chicken breasts in a little Italian dressing (one of our quickest, favorite ways to grill chicken), and Jay took care of cooking them up once he got home from work.

But the chicken wasn’t alone on that grill…we also grilled up some sweet potato wedges and theyyyyy werrrre awesome.

I tossed them in a little canola oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and oregano, before cooking them up on the grill for about 20 minutes (we have a grill pan so they wouldn’t fall through the grates). This was probably one of my favorite batches in a long time…crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.

Then again, I swear that you could cook just about anything on the grill and it’s just automatically yummy, no? Smile

I followed up dinner with the same dessert I had on Tuesday night, along with a couple spoonful’s of homemade frosting.  Jay let me know yesterday that the guys at work were requesting some cupcakes, so I figured I’d make them some since it’s been a while since I last sent a batch in. This latest batch was a new one for me, and oh my goodness, it was incredible. I’ll be sharing asap, promise!

*****

Breakfast

I have a couple clients this morning, so breakfast had to be quick and easy.

breakfast

Along with some iced coffee, I toasted up a whole wheat bagel thin and topped it with some peanut butter, pumpkin butter, banana slices, and chia seeds.

pbbananachia

One of THE best combos, ever, if ya ask me.

pbbanana

Gotta head to work, which will be followed by a trip to Target. Oh boy…somebody put a padlock on my wallet, please? Winking smile

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 14, 2012 at 7:44 am

I need a Target trip tonight too – gotta grab the Kodiak Cake mix! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Everything in Moderation

2 Michelle@PeachyPalate June 14, 2012 at 7:46 am

Jealous of the opportunity to shop though I may do some online perusing during lunch! :) Really want to try pumpkin butter! It sounds amazing, I had a hard enough time getting canned pumpkin shipped in though!
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..On a high

3 Kait - @runkaitrun June 14, 2012 at 7:46 am

Those sweet potato wedges look bomb! I love testing out different ways to make them – can’t wait to try it out!

4 Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes June 14, 2012 at 7:47 am

Your bagel looks so pretty! Whenever I have a bagel with nut butter, I feel like the nut butter goes everywhere…all over the bananas, counter, etc. Maybe I need to work on being a little more clean? :)
Also…Target is awesome. Have fun!
Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes recently posted..Plans for Blogging

5 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

Those sweet potato wedges look great! Such a good idea to grill them!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 17

6 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 14, 2012 at 7:53 am

Yum! I think grilled sweet potatoes need to be on the menu tonight!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Finding Forever (and The Great Gatsby)

7 Khushboo Thadani June 14, 2012 at 7:53 am

True story about the grill- possibly the best cooking method yet! I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I’ve never tried pumpkin butter…one day I will haha!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Hey, It’s Okay… (June Edition)

8 Linz @ Itz Linz June 14, 2012 at 7:54 am

Haha Target is SO dangerous!! Have fun in there though… :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

9 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third June 14, 2012 at 8:04 am

I’m so envious of all these grilling recipes I’ve been seeing in the blog world… My husband and I live in an apartment so grilling isn’t an option. We cant wait to move into a house… We will be grilling EVERYTHING!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..W.I.A.W: The last week of school!

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes June 14, 2012 at 8:05 am

Summertime means grilling time :)

When I go to Target, I usually have a few items on my list, but I always leave with a full cart. That’s the thing about Target–you leave with a bunch of stuff you didn’t know you needed! ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..So Far, So Good

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 14, 2012 at 8:06 am

Anything thrown on a grill is instantly yummy- you’re right! :) Love to use that grill! ….Maybe ‘forgetting’ your wallet at home would be best ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..105 years and 5 generations later

12 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries June 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

I have to avoid Target, it’s my kryptonite! It seems like every time I go there I walk out with 20 things that I never needed in the first place :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Woopsie Wednesday

13 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess June 14, 2012 at 8:28 am

I agree that is seriously one of the best combo’s ever, if not THE best:)
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Thursday Fav’s!

14 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 14, 2012 at 8:45 am

I’ve been craving sweet potatoes since early yesterday – I think I’m going to have to incorporate them into my dinner somehow tonight! Best of luck at Target ;)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Whole Wheat Pineapple Banana Bread and June Yoga Challenge Update

15 Kailey June 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

There was a funny quote on pinterest “lets go spend money at target on things we don’t really need” – so true.
Kailey recently posted..Wrappin’ It Up

16 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 14, 2012 at 9:01 am

Sweet potatoes on the grill are always an instant win!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #6

17 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

I like homemade sweet potato “fries” better than restaurant version. They look great!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Salad & Salad

18 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 14, 2012 at 9:25 am

I am getting a grill pan ASAP so I can make up some grilled sweet potato wedges. They look so delicious!!

Have fun at Target and yes, be careful!! That place gets me and my money every time!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..In Memory of my Brother

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 14, 2012 at 9:27 am

we’ve been grilling sweet potato wedges on the grill a ton lately – i can’t get enough! you’re right, they’re so crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. are you scorin some kodiak cakes with that coupon at target today? ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..06/14: Thursday Thoughts

20 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony June 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I purposely went to Target the other day to find Kodiak cakes, but they don’t sell them at mine. :( All I’ve heard is great things about them.
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..SO Delicious

21 Danica Schelts June 14, 2012 at 9:35 am

Oh, I love your dinner. The foods are really healthy. Your breakfast is really awesome. Best combo ever.
Danica Schelts recently posted..Lose Excess Weight Successfully

22 Faith @ For the Health of It June 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

Yep, the grill makes anything perfect. My boyfriend and I cooked for his veggie-hating family, and they DEVOURED the packet of zucchini, squash, onions and carrots that we foil-wrapped and grilled up when they did their brats. Then again, maybe it was the horseradish aioli we made on the side – I wanted to bathe in that sauce! The combo just may have turned them into veggie eaters ;)

23 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana June 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

I think we need to get a grill pan because I would love to make potatoes without worrying whether they’re going to fall through the grates, yours look delicious!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Mexican Lasagna

24 Megan@ The Running Doc June 14, 2012 at 10:17 am

I always make my sweet potato fries in the oven, I’m going to have to try throwing them on the grill next time though! And I agree that marinating in Italian dressing is so quick, easy, and tasty!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Spicing Up A Run

25 Yellow Haired Girl June 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Jealous of your 8 hours! I’m really going to try and get that tonight!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Whazzzup?!

26 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 14, 2012 at 10:21 am

those sweet potatoes look gooood
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..yoga or pilates?

27 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. June 14, 2012 at 10:40 am

Target gets me every time! :)
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..At Home Seafood Dinner

28 Alysha @Shesontherun June 14, 2012 at 10:53 am

I would love 8 hours! I’m on a work trip, so I got about 5. But there’s always the weekend.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..PB Craze Review + National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

29 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 14, 2012 at 11:14 am

Oh the dangers of Target! I LOVE that store! I think it’s pretty cool that they have a debit card that comes right out of your checking account and you save 5%!

Dinner looks yummy!! Have a great day!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cherry Hamburgers

30 Jonathan Bechtel June 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I’d think it’s dangerous :) LOL…but I agree, I love Target!
Jonathan Bechtel recently posted..Want To Be A Foodpreneur? 7 Reasons You Ought To Start A Food Company

31 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony June 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Yes! Target is where my money goes to die. I walk in with a plan to spend $20, and I walk out spending $100. I use the 5% and the kickback to the school I teach in as way to justify my spending. :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..SO Delicious

32 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 14, 2012 at 11:15 am

If I had my way, TJ would be grilling out every night. Sadly, I can’t convince him. lol. Target always drains my wallet, and the Target by house is remodeling and will have fresh produce beginning next Thursday. Talk about one stop shop.
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Finally…….

33 Marie June 14, 2012 at 11:40 am

I hate shopping (online is the way to go for me!) but I love Target and Costco. :) Can’t wait to see what awesome cupcakes you created!

34 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony June 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I have been craving a healthy version of sweet potato fries for a while now. Those look absolutely amazing, and my stomach definitely is growling now!
I always say Target is where my money goes to die…and since when I use my card I get 5% off and some of the money kicks back to the school I teach, I use that as an excuse to justify my spending!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..SO Delicious

35 Tara Deal June 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I feel the same way when I head to Target, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx…if I don’t have a plan, I will want to buy EVERYTHING!
Tara Deal recently posted..$80 Poorer

36 Jonathan Bechtel June 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I was talking to my cousin the other day, and she was telling me how Target and other big box stores subtly change the pricing depending on the location, and it can even differ for stores that are only a few miles away from each other.

They have addiction pinpointed :)

37 Jenna@Redheadrunningwild June 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I’m definitely going to have to try those sweet potato fries, they look and sound delicious!! That pumpkin butter also sounds intriguing, but i’ve never seen it in any stores around here!!
Jenna@Redheadrunningwild recently posted..WIAW and Girls Gone Wild

38 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 14, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I’ve never tried grilling sweet potato fries before. I am definitely going to try that! We bought one of those skillet pans to put on the grill so that veggies don’t fall through. It really does work wonders. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Out With The Old & In With The New!…

39 Lisa June 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Grilled sweet potatoes rock!! I think anything grilled tastes better though. Boo Canada for not having Target. We don’t get any of the fun stores ;)
Lisa recently posted..Banana muffins

40 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 14, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Yum! Sweet potato wedges! I want some of that action.
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Falling in Love While She’s Walking Away