The View Is Totally Worth It

by Courtney on June 15, 2012

So I know I said this morning that I was going to be doing another yoga session today, but as it turns out…I lied.

Around mid-morning, I got the itch to just be outside and enjoy the absolutely beautiful weather that we’re having. So I threw on my workout gear, grabbed my iPod, and headed out for a nice, long walk.

IMAG0113

You like my coordinating pink Reebok gear? Winking smile

The outfit I have on is one of my absolute favorites, which I was lucky enough to receive when I visited their HQ last month (to view the deets on it all, check out this post).

I ended up walking for about an hour around my area and through a couple nearby neighborhoods. One of them is great because it also has some killer hills to tackle.

IMAG0116IMAG0118

But once you get to the top, the view is totally worth it.

IMAG0117

It felt so great to just go out and walk today. No running, no crazy intervals…just me, some tunes, and the beautiful sunshine.

*****

Rewind a bit to breakfast…I’ve got some new goodies in the house right now and I seriously can’t get enough of ‘em.

I recently picked up a package of Thomas’ Corn English Muffins at the store as a way to switch it up from my usual whole wheat. I really wasn’t sure what to expect from them, but I love them. They’re slightly doughy, slightly sweet, and fully darn delicious.

This morning, I paired mine with some peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds, but I also ended up using one last night for dinner before my softball game.

I used it here as a “bun” for my veggie burger, which I made with some provolone cheese, tomato, and avocado slices.

Mmmm, just check out that avocado…

Healthy fats, come to mama! Winking smile

But fast-forwarding back to today…as soon as I got back from my walk today, I was pretty warm so I threw together my favorite warm-weather combo.

A plain Chobani + strawberries + blueberries + granola.

I know, I know. You’re totally shocked, right?

*****

Not really sure what’s on for the rest of today…I have a short shift at work, and the rest of the evening is sort of up in the air. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see where the day takes me!

Hope you’re all having a great Friday and gearing up for a fabulous weekend. Any good plans?? Smile

FYI: Now through Tuesday, June 19th, iHerb.com (affiliate link) is offering 10% off all product orders totaling $40.00 or more. Use my coupon code, SAZ564, and you’ll get $5.00 off your first order, too!

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 15, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Sometimes I just need to get out and enjoy the day with a walk too, instead of killing myself on at the gym or with Insanity.

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 15, 2012 at 3:02 pm

It’s good to be reminded of the power of a good walk in beautiful weather! Unfortunately. my weekend is going to be filled with moving.. :/
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Whole Wheat Pineapple Banana Bread and June Yoga Challenge Update

3 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 15, 2012 at 3:09 pm

i’ve really been embracing my walks outdoors recently. it’s so refreshing and helps clear my head. i’ve been eating avocados like it’s my job lately – they’re SO good! you’re lookin’ great by the way. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..An Update + June Yoga Challenge Week 2 Recap

4 Courtney June 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Thanks girly ;)

5 Sana June 15, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Walking is my favorite form of exercise! It’s a good thing I teach a walking class :)
Sana recently posted..What Have I Been Eating?

6 Christy June 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I love the corn muffins! The first time we bought them was about a month ago from Price Chopper during a buy one/get one sale and now they are a staple in the house.
Christy recently posted..Grilling, Planting, Welding & Carpet

7 Courtney June 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Haha, that’s why I bought them too!

8 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third June 15, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Your yogurt bowls always look so good! My go-to warm weather food is always a spinach smoothie bowl! About to go make it my afternoon snack right now!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Why I’m Happy Today (and NOT just because it’s Friday).

9 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I could go for a pleasant relaxing walk right about now.

And I commend you for eating some plain Chobani. I can’t do it. I have tried multiple times and just don’t like it. I use it in smoothies and anything that calls for yogurt but eating it plain (or with fruit), just can’t do it. It’s on to vanilla or honey, or any other flavor. haha
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..C25K Week 4 and June Yoga Challenge Week 2 Recap

10 Courtney June 15, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I actually add about 4 drops of liquid vanilla stevia when I eat the plain – I just don’t write it every time. The plain is a little too bland for me to eat in a yogurt bowl too, I agree. But the liquid stevia totally does the trick!

11 Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson June 19, 2012 at 6:56 am

I’ll try that next time. Maybe that will do it. Thanks!
Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson recently posted..Perfect Way To End A Monday Night

12 Lisa June 15, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Its so beautiful here today as well, I just finished up a wonderful walk with my mama. Its nice to get outside instead of being cooped up in the gym. I’ve been eating avocado with everything lately, can’t get enough. No real plans for me this weekend, just working.

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate June 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm

It’s fathers day here on Sunday so I need to get last minute present buying tomorrow! The walk sounds great….we’ve had torrential rain here the past few days, as soon as the sun shines I’m out there!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Refreshingly spicy

14 Steph @ StephSnacks June 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Sometimes I absolutely just love going for nice long walks. I just did that with my room mate on Wednesday night. We walked by the water and actually worked up quite the sweat :) That veggie burger looks fantastic!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Update

15 Alysha @Shesontherun June 15, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I love walking for exercise. Some people don’t think it “counts,” but if you’re hoofing it for an hour, how could it not?
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..PB Craze Review + National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

16 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I did the same thing yesterday, it was so gorgeous that i went on a long walk after work!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday = Circuit Time!

17 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 15, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I have the perfect neighborhood for walking! It is filled with hills so gives the booty and the heart a nice workout. I actually much prefer walking it to running because the hills become a little too much during longer runs. And by longer, I mean anything over 3 miles. I have never been a distance runner, lol!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Trader Joe’s Mania

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 15, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I want to try those corn muffins! When I was living in the hotel for 3 months, I had a big old English muffin every morning. Now I miss them! Those corn muffins look great!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A spicy dinner and a healthy dessert.

19 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 15, 2012 at 8:35 pm

As much as I hate hills, I would totally tackle them for a view like that!
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Working Girl {H54F#6}

20 Shannon June 15, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Enjoying the sunshine, that’s for sure. It’s supposed to be sunny & in the low 80′s this weekend in the Capital Region! :)
Shannon recently posted..Homemade Cookie Baking Experiment + It’s Summer!

21 Khushboo June 15, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Intense or not, outdoor walks probably create the maximum endorphin high for me…craving a burger now:)
Khushboo recently posted..Something is NOT always better than nothing

22 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 16, 2012 at 1:57 am

I could definitely go for a good long walk. In fact, maybe I’ll put that on my agenda for tomorrow. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // What Fitness?

23 Leanne June 16, 2012 at 4:58 am

Those corn muffins look great! I used to eat tons of cornbread in Holland before I found out they were making me sick .. silly thing; they mix the corn flour with equal parts regular flour = as a person who can’t tolerate gluten = no good ;-)

I did LOVE the taste tough! Especially with peanut butter… hmmm..

As for my yoga challenge: http://eatandgetmoving.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/814/

I did pretty good and next week is going to be even better!
Leanne recently posted..Update on the Yoga Challenge – week TWO! Staying on track…

24 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 16, 2012 at 5:15 am

Looks like you’re having amazing weather – I’d want to get outside into it too! We’re going away this weekend to visit my boyfriend’s sister. She’s recently moved so it will be nice to see her new place. Have a great weekend!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Challenging Contest from SlimKicker – Win a digital food scale!

25 Paige @ Running Around Normal June 16, 2012 at 8:52 am

Wow that view *is* gorgeous, Courtney! I love a good hill climb/walk anyway :) Yesterday I hopped on the treadmill (it’s hot as balls here) and did an incline walking workout, too!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) to Boost Fat Loss?

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 16, 2012 at 10:27 am

I can’t tell you the last time I just went for a walk. My husband & I will be moving soon & we’re moving to a very “walkable” area, so I’m excited to explore the area… on foot!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My First Vlog!