Father’s Day at Citi Field

by Courtney on June 18, 2012

Good morning! Did everyone have a great weekend? I know I sure did. It was a busy one, so let’s go ahead and get ya caught up…

Well, yesterday was all about this guy.

Early yesterday morning, I met up over at my parents’ house so we could make the trip down to the Mets game. My dad and brother have LONG been Mets fans, and while I honestly don’t really follow the sport, they’re still the team I’m going to root for, if anyone.

I’d been to a couple games before when they still played at Shea stadium, but this was my first time at the (somewhat) new Citi Field, and it was really nice.

Instead of going right to our seats, my dad and brother offered to give us ladies a little tour of the stadium. In addition to me and mom, my one grandma (aka, “2 Nanas” – a story I know I’ve mentioned but can’t remember when) also joined us for the day. She is a die-hard Mets fan (no joke) so she was super excited to be there for the day.

The more we walked around the stadium, however, the more I began to realize that I did not dress appropriately for the day. For some reason, I was under the impression that it was going to be about 90 degrees, but that was totally not the case. Try more like 70…but in the shade with wind. Yeah.

We eventually made it to our seats shortly before the game got started.

Check out the zoom with that camera lens. Winking smile

By the time the second inning rolled around, I was ready to grab some lunch. The tickets we got for the seats we were in yesterday also included a free hot dog, fries, and soda, which I had been looking forward to all morning long.

Well, the fries were great, but unfortunately, the bun to my hot dog was as hard as a rock. Literally, it crumbled as if it was a piece of toast. Such a let down.

But hey, like I said…at least the fries were awesome. Smile

Unfortunately, the Mets didn’t get a win yesterday, but it was still a great (albeit, chilly) way to spend Father’s Day with dad. By the time I got back home last night, it was about 8:30 and I was wiped, so I hung out on the couch with the boys for a bit before hitting the hay.

This morning, I was wicked pumped for another life-changing breakfast.

Another batch of Kodiak Cakes was on the agenda for today, prepared the same was at Saturday, with some chia seeds and sliced bananas cooked right inside.

I topped ‘em off with a little bit ‘o peanut butter, more banana slices, and some sugar-free syrup and, oh.em.geeeee…

They’re just so darn good.

I’ve had a few people who were curious about the calorie count for a plate as decadent looking as this – from what I’ve tallied, I’d guess this plate to come in at around 345 calories (1/2 cup dry mix = 195, half banana = 50, chia seeds = 20, sugar-free syrup = 20, peanut butter = ~60). Not too shabby, right?

*****

I feel like I’ve got about 1,001 things to do today, so I think it’s about time to get crackin’ those. Happy Monday!

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

There’s nothing like a good baseball game with Dad! Even if the food is subpar. Baseball food can be hit or miss!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Whole Wheat Pineapple Banana Bread and June Yoga Challenge Update

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

It sounds like you had a wonderful Father’s Day! I love going to see baseball games in the summer. It’s fun :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Another Meeting with Teresa Giudice from Real Housewives of New Jersey!…

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 18, 2012 at 9:16 am

those fries do look really delicious! i did to try those kodiak cakes that look so yummy and the nutrition stats are awesome!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Saturday Things

4 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 18, 2012 at 9:17 am

Looks like an awesome Father’s Day! I’m sure you Dad had a great day! and That breakfast looks amazing!!!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday!

5 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 18, 2012 at 9:21 am

I love going to baseball games with my fiance, not that I really like baseball, but I like to bug him when he is dead set on paying attention. :)
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday #2

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 18, 2012 at 9:23 am

I wish it was only 70 here yesterday – it was like 95 and today is supposed to be the same! Sooo hot it’s kind of unbearable!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..what i ate growing up

7 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 18, 2012 at 9:39 am

Yay for a fun day with your dad and fam! I hate it when you dress for really warm weather and then it’s chilly. Not fun haha. Looks like an amazing breakfast too. I am craving pancakes! Hope you have a great Monday pretty lady!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My Little’s Wedding

8 Sana June 18, 2012 at 9:40 am

those french fries look soo good! i’ts only 9:40am and I totally want!
Sana recently posted..Friends and A Celebration

9 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third June 18, 2012 at 9:42 am

I’m sure your dad loved spending the day doing something he loves with people he loves! I feel like ballpark food is either hit or miss… At least some of what you ordered was a hit! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..These next few days…

10 Khushboo June 18, 2012 at 9:47 am

Are you still following the diet plan? Youre looking great :)
Khushboo recently posted..Whole Foods comes home!

11 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

Thanks, Khushboo! I’m actually really not following all that much right now…so that’s nice to hear, haha! ;)

12 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries June 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

I’m glad you and your dad had a great time at the game! It’s crazy how in the Northeast being in the shade makes it about 10 degrees cooler than being in the sun. It’s like you need two different outfits depending on when you’re sitting/standing!

And those fries look awesome. French fries, hotdogs, and a beer = the only way to enjoy a baseball game!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..“Ohhhh Sometimes I Get a Good Feeling”

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 18, 2012 at 9:53 am

What a wonderful day with your dad- even with a yucky hot dog bun. Nothing better than time with the family! :)
….Your breakfast looks AMAZING! You’re making me turn a cold shoulder to my oats this morning- that NEVER happens!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..105 years and 5 generations later

14 Yellow Haired Girl June 18, 2012 at 9:54 am

Looks like a wonderful day! Those fries DO look good :)

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 18, 2012 at 9:57 am

what a great father’s day! your kodiak cake combo (with the banana + pb + maple syrup) is my favorite. it certainly is life changing, i agree! speaking of which, i need to get my heiney to the store to get some more kodiak cake mix!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Living In The Present

16 Presley (@runpretty) June 18, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’m always shocked when I actually think about the calories in my meals… some of the most innocent looking plates are packing a huge punch, while things like your pancakes are totally respectable! ha I have a terrible “calorie-eye”… yes, I made that up. I can never guess, but it’s probably because I’ve never really tried to count calories.
Presley (@runpretty) recently posted..Baby M: 38 Weeks

17 TheBloggersBrother June 18, 2012 at 10:10 am

I prefer the root for the Mets, not route for them

18 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

Haha, thanks gramma police. And I prefer *to* root for them myself, not the root. ;)

19 TheBloggersBrother June 18, 2012 at 10:26 am

lmao…BURN….but who are the gramma police? #DOUBLEBURN

20 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 10:36 am

LOL…awww crap. ;)

21 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 18, 2012 at 10:27 am

Happy Monday to you!!! I really need to try those Kodiak Cakes!! Looks like you had lots of fun this weekend!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe

22 Shannon June 18, 2012 at 10:35 am

Those are some great photos of the stadium! You must have had amazing seats. I’m sure your dad enjoyed his day at Citi Field-even if the Mets did lose.

I’m more of a Yankees fan myself, but it’s a shame that the Mets lost. :(

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

Baseball games are so fun! Sounds like you should’ve picked up a “souvenir” sweatshirt! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My First Vlog!

24 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Haha, I thought about it…until I heard they were $90!!!!

25 Katy June 18, 2012 at 11:13 am

Aw what a great way to spend Father’s Day!
Katy recently posted..Daddy’s Day

26 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 18, 2012 at 11:21 am

Love love love baseball games! Great pics!!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..The Great Milwaukee Race

27 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Gosh I love Kodiak cakes! I really need to buy more because I’m OUT! AH!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Irish Boys

28 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 18, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I know you said you were freezing while you were there, but your outfit is super cute! Love the shirt, long shorts and belt combo!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Brewing Iced Coffee

29 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Thanks Laura! :)

30 Dani June 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

What brand of sugar-free syrup do you use? I am still trying to find one that I like!

31 Courtney June 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm

The one we have right now is Mrs. Butterworth’s. It’s not bad!

32 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I love baseball games!! Go Texas Rangers, lol!!! Honestly, I do love watching them but the food is what gets me really excited at the ball park. Last time I went I had a bacon wrapped hot dog with grilled onions, soooo good!!

You are killing me with these Kodiak pancakes. They look so delicious and I want some but the drive to Target…..not so much.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Bit of Randomness + Puppy Dog Pics

33 Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run June 18, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I seriously need these pancakes.
Jen Correa @ Mom’s Gotta Run recently posted..2 Legs Down (literally) & One to Go

34 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Now I’m craving baseball park food!