Do A Double Take

Good morning, friends! I’m coming to you all this morning from my cozy little corner in Starbucks.

My schedule at the gym has changed up a bit (no more late Tuesdays!) and I have some time to kill this morning before my next scheduled appointment, so I figured I’d just set up shop here instead of driving all the way back home.

I planned ahead on this one, so last night I packed up my old laptop (which is running slower than molasses, btw) and put together a batch of overnight oats in a jar to bring with me…you know, because I love eating peanut butter out of a jar in public and making people do a double take.

It was the same batch as usual, along with a grande 1 pump vanilla blonde roast coffee.

So I don’t know what is in the air today, but my allergies are having a flippin’ field day. Anyone else having as much fun with theirs as I am? My nose has had the non-stop tickle for the past hour and I’ve got a nice little headache placed right above the ‘ol eyeballs. Ughh. I think I’m just in a funk this morning.

I’ve been dealing with some stuff lately (hey, aren’t we all?) and some days I feel like it takes its toll on me more than others. So far, today is one of those days.

BUT, the more you dwell on something the worse it becomes, right? So here’s to working on turning this day around! I do have plans for a hair cut (and maybe color) with mom later today, so that’s exciting. Oh yeah…then there’s that tiny little fact that I’m going to be on TV tomorrow morning. I suppose that’s pretty exciting too…

Actually, way more like nerve-racking.

Comments

Allergies can definitely be tough to deal with. I never had to worry about them before, until I got a job a couple years ago working outside. Now because I’m breathing in all the pollen and stuff I definitely get allergies.

Hope you’re feeling better soon!
    Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Euro 2012

2. Gina B. says

I’ve been reading your blog for a while, and I don’t think I’ve ever commented! Figured I’d do so today, and say that I hope whatever you’re going through works out! You portray such an upbeat attitude, and a great spirit :) Sending positive thoughts to you!

• Courtney says

Haha, Julie, your comments are always so upbeat and happy! I look forward to reading them everyday :)

Sending you good vibes to feel better :)
    That is too funny, I could just imagine people staring at you thinking you are eating straight up PB. haha. If only they knew they goodness they were missing out on!
    Lindsey recently posted..Guacamole of my Dreams

I don’t know what it is, but my allergies have been insane off and on for the past week or so. I’m guessing it’s from it being super dry here in Denver right now + the fires up north…who knows. Anyway, you’ll do great on tv tomorrow! The imagining people in underwear thing doesn’t work for me since it makes me smirk, but maybe it’ll work for you 😛
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Orangetheory Submission

I can’t believe you’re going to be on TV!! That is so exciting! I’m sure you will be fabulous. I’m down in FL right now so my allergies aren’t that bad, but just a few days ago when I was home in OH, they were flaring up like crazy! Ugh, so annoying haha. Hope you have a lovely day pretty girl! Can’t wait to see how you get your hair done :)
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My Little’s Wedding

6. Karen says

Hope you feel better soon! I’m trying to avoid dwelling on things too. Doesn’t help that I’m sick right now so I can’t even work out :(
    I laughed out loud at the thought of Starbucks patrons staring at you and your peanut butter jar!
    Good luck tomorrow!!
    Karen recently posted..Rainy Wednesday

I love that you eat your oats in a jar in public haha I can only imagine the looks people must give you when they see such a fit girl eating “peanut butter” with a spoon! Hope that getting your hair done today turns your day around… nothing like a little pampering to make a girl feel good :) And TV…? Sounds exciting!
    Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Guilt-Free & Sweet Breakfast Treat

8. Annie says

sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time. Hope whatever it is that’s bothering you get sbetter soon.

My allergies have been horrendous this year and I’ve been putting off going to the doctor but I finally made an appointement after I had to cancel an afternoon with friends!

9. Megan says

I love the humor of overnight oats in a jar. I was once late for class in the morning so I took my breakfast with me and the professor stopped the lecture to ask me if I was eating peanut butter during class. Too funny :] You are gonna rock that TV performance!

• Courtney says

Haha, I don’t know if it’s much of a “performance,” but let’s just hope I don’t stumble all over my words 😉

Ohhhhh TV…… that is awesome! Congratulations and good luck! Can’t wait to see it. Also doing odd things in public is natural for me at this point I love making people do a double take.
    Renee recently posted..I ran a marathon

I totally get the “funky” days; I’ve had more than my fair share lately. They’re definitely downers and not welcome. I always like to remind myself when I’m just having one of those days that tomorrow is a brand new day and therefore I’ll be able to start anew. Here’s to hoping your day turns around!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I Survived!

TV? Tomorrow? What time? I don’t have school so if it’s early, I can watch! Yipee! :) Sorry- I get carried away with these kind of things. How exciting, and I’m sure you’ll be great.

• Courtney says

Thanks, girl! Hope today was better for YOU. We need to chat soon! Let me know when you’re around!! :)

13. Hiba says

Hi Courtney!
    If your allergies really bother you, there’s an herbal supplement you can take called Perimine. My brother gets really bad seasonal allergies but it works very well for him!

i absolutely love your attitude Courtney! it’s great that you can take a crummy day and be determined to turn it around instead of allow it to become crummier! i’ve been working on having such a mindset because, really, everything whether it be bad or good, will pass. nothing is really FOREVER, ya know? and, just like you said yourself, the more you dwell on something the more its intensity will increase! anyways, that’s enough of my lil pep talk, haha. i hope you feel better girl and that’s so exciting that you’re going to be on TV! :)

Trackbacks

1. […] in regards to the rest of my crap morning, reader Annie ended up leaving a link to an article in the comments section about positive thinking and 7 ways to improve a bad day. The article really made some great points, […]

2. […] imagine sitting in your local Starbucks and digging in to this healthy muffin with your coffee? If Courtney can bring her overnight oats why not a muffin in a […]