It Feels Gross

by Courtney on June 20, 2012

I think I’m almost recovered from my “big TV debut”…except for the whole sleep thing. I could still really use a little extra of that right about now.

Thanks so much for all your sweet comments from this morning. You guys really know how to make a gal smile…I <3 you all.

Shortly after I got back home this morning, actually while typing up my morning post, I enjoyed some breakfast. I did end up having a Clif Z Bar before heading over to the studio this morning for some energy, but I was ready for something a bit more substantial by the time I made it back.

I toasted up a couple pieces of my Farmers Market rye bread and topped them with some peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and banana slices.

This bread seriously toasts up so, so well. That was one delicious plate right there!

I’ve spent a majority of the day catching up on some other things either around the house or on the blog, but as time has gone on, the temp has definitely been rising. We are certainly welcoming summer here in upstate NY with some H-O-T HOT temps – forecasters are saying it feels like it’s over 100 degrees out there with the relative humidity and I believe it. It feels gross.

Poor Cody could barely move a whisker all morning.

Thankfully, Jay came home during lunch and put one of the AC units in our bedroom window, so Cody and I at least have that to keep us cool. The other unit will be going in the window promptly when he gets home later on. Holy moly.

It also probably doesn’t help that I had the stove on for a good half hour either…

But I will say that it was totally worth if after seeing how yummy this recipe turned out! I was invited to participate in a contest that Hodgson Mill is putting on, where we’re encouraged to incorporate their whole wheat pasta in special, summery dishes.

As a part of the contest, my recipe is going to end up being added to their Pinterest board and people can vote by “liking” my pinned recipe. It doesn’t appear to be up quite yet (I just submitted it, literally) but as soon as it is, I’ll be sure to let you know.

And then I’ll most likely beg and plead ask you kindly for your votes. Smile

And then, once I get word that I can share my recipe with you all, I promise that I will.

Pinky promise!

But for now, I think it’s about time for me to go hibernate back in the bedroom for a little bit. Yikes.

1 Mallory @ Have your cake June 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm

that pasta looks great! oh my gosh – i’m feeling the heat now too… actually glad to be in my air conditioned office right now! Lol
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..The Different Kinds of Loneliness

2 Sarah June 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness. I hear you on the heat thing. The thermometer outside my window says 97 degrees!

Wilting weather.
Sarah recently posted..Happy First Day of Summer!

3 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Looks really good! Reminds me of a cold shrimp pasta salad my mom makes. One of my favorites :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..WIAW: blueberry walnut muffins

4 Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles June 20, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Looks delicious – you’ve got my vote ;)
Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles recently posted..Weekend Update {Sunday}

5 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 20, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Looks really good! Reminds me of a cold shrimp pasta salad my mom makes. One of my favorites. :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..WIAW: blueberry walnut muffins

6 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Yum! Your lunch looks so great! Glad to hear this morning went well :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I ate Wednesday

7 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction June 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Poor Cody looks like he is lathargic…
I better go home and turn the AC on for the dog and cat.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..It Is Going To Be a Scorcher…

8 Sana June 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Your morning sounded super exciting!!!
Sana recently posted..Down With The Sickness+ Wegmans In Columbia

9 Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 20, 2012 at 2:49 pm

It is definitely just as hot here in Baltimore today, I feel your pain! I can also promise you that I will give you an unlimited amount of votes if that meat in the pasta pictured above is crab :) Can’t wait for the recipe!!
Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Hump Day Healthy Thoughts: Beach Edition!

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

It is super gross feeling here too! Hot + humid = ugh. sigh. (I think I’d be happier poolside with a cocktail in hand- maybe next summer!)
Your dish looks FANTASTIC! Mmmmmmm!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Wrapping my head around weight gain

11 Mer June 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Congrats on your TV appearance! Have you posted a clip yet? I’d love to watch it!

12 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm

That meal looks DELICIOUS! I can’t wait til it’s up so we have the recipe. ;)

I feel ya on the temps. We don’t have those high temps today but typically those gross days are in Savannah all summer. I do not like it. lol
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Perfect Way To End A Monday Night

13 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 20, 2012 at 3:06 pm

That pasta looks great! It’s hot hot hot up here in New Hampshire too. Thankfully, we had an AC unit put in our bedroom yesterday too, so at least I can sleep well!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #10

14 Yaara June 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Hey Courtney!
Wow I looked at your pics from your last post this morning–you’re a natural!! You look like you were born for TV. Maybe you didn’t feel that way–but you looked really comfortable, confident, and at ease under the cameras–maybe your next calling is a co-host-on a TV show–I actually heard Kelly from Regis and Kelly is looking for a new hostess–maybe it’s you!!
Yes–It’s unbelievably hot and humid here too in Chicago. We live in an apartment on the 3rd floor–so it’s even hotter as heat rises–and to top it off we have no AC. When I was working out earlier today–I felt like I was working out in a Bikram studio or sauna–I was drenched and swimming in my sweat! Lol. Have a great rest of your day!

15 Michelle@Peachy Palate June 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I swap you some of your heat for our rain wind and cold! It’s about 50degrees here! Your banana toasts with PB are making me crave bread so much. I make my own wraps, focaccia, soda bread, bagels…but I haven’t cracked sandwich bread just yet! (I’m can’t eat wheat or gluten hence the home baking…store bought gluten free breads here taste like cardboard!)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Only one prop

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine June 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Do you not have central AC in your house? I would not be able to take it without AC. Kudos!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Thai Shrimp Bisque

17 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony June 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Thank goodness today was our first day of school! There’s a heat index of 106 here in New Jersey, and the classroom was awful!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..And Then There Were None

18 RunEatRepeat June 20, 2012 at 3:33 pm

You’re gorgeous! So cool about the TV segment :) Great job!!!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Married 3 Years…

19 Kailey June 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Oh the New England heat wave…its crazy to think that a couple days ago it was a wee bit chilly.
Looks like you were a natural in front of the camera!! Love the sweater you wore.
Kailey recently posted..Feeling Lovely

20 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 20, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I cannot imagine not having AC right now!! We didn’t have it in our house in Ohio, but it didn’t get as hot there as it does here! Yikes!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Funfetti: It’s like a party in your mouth.

21 Shannon June 20, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Can you at least tell us what the title of the pasta recipe is? It looks too good to guess what’s in there- beside Hodgson Mill pasta. Pretty please? :)

I can’t imagine what your house is like without air conditioning. I’d die! It feels like an oven in the upstairs part of the house but there is a fan blowing cool air around the living room. The dogs have stayed downstairs for the majority of the day- there are no lights on downstairs in order to keep one part of the house cool because the lights emit heat. I’ve kept my bedroom door closed all day. I’m sure it will be nice and cool so if I need a freezer temp room to reside in, I’ll be in there. :D

22 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights June 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

That dish looks amazing! I will for sure be pinning it and adding it to my weekly menu ASAP!

It’s not super hot here, which has me just a little bummed. Strangely, I enjoy a good day or two of sweltering heat–makes me really feel like it’s summer! I work a lot of nights outside, and I’ve spent most of them in sweats and a jacket. :-/
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Jam-Packed Summer

23 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries June 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Ohhhh that looks SO. GOOD! I can’t wait to see the recipe :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..A Day In The Life Of..

24 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Aww poor Cody! The pasta looks super delish!

25 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 20, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Oh wowww that pasta looks delish!! And I can’t believe you were on TV! haha, that is way cool and I love those shots of you during air-time. :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Knotty Kids at Knott’s and WIAW

26 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 20, 2012 at 7:06 pm

That looks delicious!! I’ll definitely vote!!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #7

27 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Oh goodness, I would never survive in Texas without Central A/C but I can see how it may not be necessary in New York for much of the year! At least you have one room where you can go to get nice and cold!!

The pasta salad looks YUMMO!! I will be more than happy to vote for your recipe when the time comes….especially of that means we get the recipe in return!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..My Very 1st What I Ate Wednesday

28 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 20, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I don’t eat a lot of pasta in the typical way with tomato sauce, etc. but I LOVE it in summery pasta salad dishes! This looks amazing!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW and Happy’s Father’s Day!