Plenty Of Healthy Fats

Thank you all for your incredibly supportive comments, tweets, and messages from this morning. Also, a big thank you to those of you who have been heading on over to Pinterest and “liking” my contest entry. I appreciate you all so, so much!

Lunch

Let’s talk for a moment about this salad.

I swear, if it weren’t for the avocado, this would just have been another ordinary, veggie-filled salad. But that avocado, man. Wooo-weee! Talk about kickin’ up the flavor a notch.

Crowded in amongst my delicious avocado slices was some romaine lettuce, cucumbers, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, corn on off the cob, scallions, and feta cheese.

I “dressed” it all up with a couple teaspoons of olive oil, a few generous splashes of balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, and dried basil. This thing left me so, so incredibly happy. Smile

Earlier this morning, after finishing up with this walking routine on the treadmill, I also snacked a bit on some nuts.

I picked up this can of Planters Nut-rition Digestive Health Mix yesterday (pretty sure I scored it for about $1.00 after my coupons and it being on sale – win!) and it’s not too bad. Pistachios haven’t always been my favorite type of nut, but I do enjoy them in this mix.

They pair pretty well along with the dried fruit and added granola chunks.

I’ve definitely had plenty of healthy fats, and plenty of yumminess so far today – I love it!

I’m really curious to see what’s going to happen with this scheduled softball game I have this evening. The skies look like they could open up any minute right now…and honestly, if it does get rained out, that’s a-okay with me because it means we get to properly celebrate mom’s birthday! I mean, you guys know how much I love my birthdays and all. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate healthy fats throughout your day?

Comments

My favorite is probably peanut butter, but olive oil and coconut oil make their way into my eats daily too! My youngest absolutely loves avocado. He eats them daily for breakfast…I wish I liked them enough to do that too. He makes it look so good!

I’m loving avocado recently, especially mashed with garlic powder and eaten with scrambled eggs. Other favourites include peanut butter (duh), roasted almonds as a snack and hummus (gotta love tahini)!
    Khushboo recently posted..Sunday RunDay

I like to try to add olive oil to things I am cooking like lean turkey or chicken. I also do take a supplement for fish oil. I am allergic to all tree nuts and seeds so I can’t get my healthy fats from yummy nuts. Bummer huh? ^_^ That avocado looks so good on your salad.
    Becka @ simplybecka.com recently posted..inspiration…

I try to eat as much fish as I can afford! I just bought 5 pounds of haddock because it went on sale. I stock up and freeze as much as possible!!
    Katy recently posted..Changes

Great article and very true on the amount of healthy fats- which are all delicious as well!

Fat gets a bad reputation-but healthy fats don’t necessarily make you “fat”

Avocade is so versatile! I love cooking with it and including it into just about every meal! It is so delicious sliced and put into omelets or fresh salads!

I forgot about avocado for a while, but now I just can’t get enough! I could eat it with anything I think. I also love cashew butter, chia and hemp seeds, coconut butter and oil. I just love my healthy fats :)
    Lisa recently posted..Marvelous Monday