You Know Those Nights…

…where the thought of putting any sort of effort into preparing dinner pretty much makes your head spin?

Yep, last night was totally one of those nights for me…and here’s my evidence.

Jay had a softball game so I was on my own for dinner, and after a long and somewhat challenging day, all I really wanted to do was dive head first into the peanut butter jar.

I was impressed with the fact that I even took the time to wash the berries.

But it was worth it because that cereal bowl was great – Quaker Oatmeal Squares with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The bowl was LOADED thanks to so many berries.

A couple hours later, after Jay got home, we both finished off our respective pints of Ben & Jerry’s. It lasted three days…not toooo terrible, right? Winking smile

Breakfast

Seeing as though the only sort of vegetable to hit my lips yesterday was the measly amount of spinach in my breakfast wrap, I figured it’d be a good idea to try to get ahead of the game this morning.

Need to get veggies in to your morning? An egg + veggie scramble is where it’s at.

Today’s batch was made up of 1 egg + 2 egg whites, feta cheese, broccoli, red onion, and tomatoes…oh, and ketchup. Duh.

On the side I had a slice of whole wheat toast topped with Justin’s Almond Butter.

That guy Justin, man. I’ll tell ya…he knows his stuff. I’ve been looking far and wide for some packets of his vanilla almond butter that I’ve seen floating around the blog world, but no such luck over here. Same goes for those candy bars of his.

If anyone knows where I might be able to get my hands on these babies, please help a sister out…I’m desperate!

Question for the Morning:

What’s been your lamest dinner this past week?

Comments

I dont think I have had a lame dinner this week… but I for sure have had those nights.. probably a bag of popcorn.

It is yummy though :)

And your cereal looks good… it totally is not lame :)

2. briana says

The night we got home from Boston it was so hot here in Denver, so I put frozen bananas, reeses cups, milk, and granola in the blender and called it a milkshake dinner. LOL

My lamest dinner this week has been an entire roll of rice cakes dipped in garlic aioli – mayonnaise. It was during my evening shift at work and we didn’t have time to have a proper dinner, so I brought with me a packet of rice cakes and I got a 1/2 cup of fresh aioli from the restaurant kitchen and I started dipping & eating while handing beers to drunk guests listening to a band playing ;-) Lot’s of fun, but my dinner was pretty pathetic – lol! XO
    Leanne recently posted..WIAW – Experimenting in the kitchen – enjoying homemade food and snacking sensibly…or not so much?

Oh I am so contemplating having cereal or an oats with yogurt for dinner…I’m craving sweet like nobody’s business and something tells me this is a better alternative than raiding my Lindt stash!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Sunday RunDay

5. Katie says

LOL I’ve been having lame dinners since it got stifling hot. My apt is kind of big, and the A/C doesn’t do much to help the heat in the kitchen. Earlire this week I had a container of Greek yogurt, a serving of edamame, and some Kashi with raspberries.

Last night I put markedly more effort into dinner. I had an egg scramble with chickpeas (I was nervous, but it wasn’t terrible) and a peach on the side. Iron Chef I am not.

6. Brooke says

Target! I’ve gotten the small packets of the vanilla there, and maple too I think. I think they have regular sized jars also.

He makes a vanilla almond butter?! I ‘ve never seen that and it’s not on the website. I know he makes a killer Honey Almond Butter…which I eat WAYYY too many servings of at once. :)

My fiance likes ketchup on his eggs and I always found that weird, though I love salsa on my eggs. To each his own. :)

When I’m feeling lazy at dinner, I usually end up eating watermelon & a skinny cow. Fruit and icecream, thats healthy right?
    Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #8

There’s a great website called Abe’s Market that sells all natural products including Justin’s Nut Butter and peanut butter cups. They have so many great finds on there! My favorite is the Snackle Mouth granola. :) They also sell all natural beauty, pet, health, home, and fashion products. http://www.abesmarket.com/store/justinsnutbutter/products/
    Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Choose This, Not That

I too had a breakfast for din din night last night! I got home from my hair appointment and eggs seemed like the easy go-to. I am also dying to try the vanilla almond butter… can’t find it anywhere online either! I wasn’t a huge fan of the Justin’s candy… they are pretty high in calories and I’d rather enjoy nut butter in the creamy form rather than in a candy form!
    Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..You Can’t Out-Exercise A Bad Diet

11. kristin says

My lamest would be skipping dinner all together – way to tired and would rather have just made a pot of coffee. Other times the same cereal, bagels, eggs, chips

I think I may need a personal chief because it seems as though I never like to cook :0

I am ADDICTED to the dark chocolate Justin’s peanut butter cups. We always have the candy bars on hand too- I get them at Whole Foods! I have searched every Whole Foods/Natural Food Store in my area and can’t find the Vanilla Almond Butter either! I was looking for the snack pack so I could try it before splurging on a whole bottle, but I guess I am going to have to get it online!

So far so good on the dinners this week but last week I resorted to a bowl of cheerios for dinner. Sometimes, it just happens!!

Speaking of cereal, after reading about how much you love the Quaker Oat Squares I bought some and OMG, they are SOOOOO addicting. LOVE them!! So much in fact, that I am now declaring them as my favorite cereal.
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #2

Your bowl of cereal for dinner still looks amazingly delicious haha! I wish we even got Justins in the UK…we dont get any of the nut butters! When I need my fix I have to to order online..and they normally end up taking agesss to arrive :(

I can’t even get regular Justin’s nut butter. Its slightly devastating because I hear so many good things about it, oh welll. Sometimes, a bowl of cereal is just needed for dinner, when I get lazy that’s usually all I want. At least you got in a serving of fruit in your dinner!
    Lisa recently posted..WIAW #14

I love it! “I’m surprised I even washed the berries” – I’ve had nights like that where even the thought of getting a plate or bowl out is far too long of a wait. At least your cereal bowl was a healthy choice. I end up munching on things from the snack drawer all night and still being hungry.
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Bonus Round

17. Serena says

I’m up in Saratoga. Please let me know if you find any of Justin’s vanilla almond butter around here. I’m sure it’s worth the drive!

18. Laura says

today’s dinner was a half a slice of leftover pizza that my son didn’t finish + a chips ahoy cookie. going for a veggie scramble in the morning, lol!

19. Colleen says

I bought the small packets of his maple almond butter at the
    Guilderland Hannaford today. That’s the only item of justin’s they carry.
    Amazon sells a whole bunch of varities in jars and packets. According to the
    Justin website, all the area Hannaford carry some of his products.

Trackbacks