Full of Tangents, Take 10

It’s been over two months, so I think it’s about that time…

Full of Tangents, Take 9

(You can read Tangents Take 1, Take 2,Take 3, Take 4, Take 5, Take 6, Take 7, Take 8, and Take 9 if you’re bored and feel like it).

• Around 12:30 this afternoon, I finished up all of my work for the day and headed straight to the pool.

Since Jay’s off from work today, it’s like we’re getting an extra day to our weekend, which is awesome.

• I’ve recently discovered that I love cherries…and proceeded to include them in my little poolside snack.

I don’t know why I always thought I didn’t like fresh cherries (maybe I had a bad batch?) but these things are so, so good. However, the whole pit thing is sort of a hassle.

• So speaking of those cherries…the only reason I even discovered that I actually like them is because my mom ended up giving me a huge bag of mixed fruit last night at our softball game (which one won, by the way…tangent within a tangent?)

I have no idea what I’m going to do with them all before they go bad…maybe some sort of mixed berry cobbler???

If anyone has any ideas for me, please, send ‘em my way!

He’s thrilled with ‘em, which makes me happy. I love how Reebok offers such a cool service.

• When those sneakers right there got delivered today, they apparently required a signature…and since Jay was out for a few minutes, the Fed Ex guy came right into my backyard. Yep…me, my sweaty self in a bikini, and a whole lot of awkwardness. Thanks a bunch, Mr. Fed Ex.

• Guess what? My garden has veggies!!

I totally did not mean to pick this guy yesterday, since he’s still a bit small, but I can’t tell you how excited I am. My zucchini plants are larger than life and a coupe of my tomato plants even have some little green ones on there. I think the tomatoes are what I’m most looking forward to. Nothing compares.

Hope everyone’s Friday is going great! Now it’s about time to head back out to the pool.

Cheers to the weekend! Smile

Comments

Haha don’t you love it when delivery people do stuff like that? The other day someone knocked on the door of my apartment and I was literally turning the shower off so I didn’t answer. They kept knocking, so finally I yelled that I was just out of the shower and indisposed. I went about my business and 5 minutes later, the guy knocked again! So I threw on clothes with my hair soaking wet and answered only to have him tell me that the maintenance people would come fix my sink LATER! That was his only reason for knocking and waiting. Lol.
    Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..June Yoga Challenge Recap and Giveaway!!

2. Annie says

cobler, crumble, you can top your morning porridge with them (oatmeal for you US gals :D), put them on pancakes, waffles, in yogurt, salads… the list is endless 😀

I’m a cherry addict!!!! Cherry almond muffins, overnight cherry filled oats, cherry chocolate and coconut brownies, a big cherry smoothie, almond extract recommended. Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats (cocoa powder in the mix, coconut and almonds on top), cherry and blueberry jam…I could go on! :)
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..What I’ve been making lately

4. Amanda says

You could freeze the fruit and save it for smoothies? I guess you’d have to get rid of the cherry pits first though…

i LOVE cherries too! you could freeze the fruit (after you pit the cherries) and put it in smoothies, oatmeal, etc for later use if you’re worried they could go bad. i freeze everything. haha. glad you’re enjoying some pool time! i WISH we had a pool right about now… we ended up coming home early from camping because the bugs were horrendous and there was a lot of smoke from a somewhat nearby fire, and it is HOT here at home! i want a pool pronto!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..June Yoga Challenge Closing Thoughts

I just learned I loved cherries a couple years ago but it was definitely quite the pleasant and welcomed surprise. I sure do love ’em!! And if you don’t know what to do with all those berries, I’ll gladly take ’em off your hands. :)
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday!

Your pool looks so refreshing and inviting.. I want one in my yard!! Fresh cherries are so good.. I like the dark red ones and Rainer Cherries are the yellowish red ones.. yummy!! Because I have the cutest almost yr old Boston Terrier we have nothing but our 2nd yr strawberry plants in our raised beds this yr. I needed to get a fence across the garden area out to keep said cute puppy out so he can’t dig but I’m a procrastinator!! Gardening is really rewarding isn’t it?! and your so right on about the Tomatoes!! Nothing better than fresh garden grown sliced with a little salt. That’s how my gramps would eat them at supper time.. fond memories!

8. Laurel says

You could put the berries in your ice cube trays with water, so you can have flavored water. I like to make a big pot of tea and put fruit in it for flavored tea.

Trackbacks