Full of Tangents, Take 10

by Courtney on June 29, 2012

It’s been over two months, so I think it’s about that time…

Full of Tangents, Take 9

(You can read Tangents Take 1, Take 2,Take 3, Take 4, Take 5, Take 6, Take 7, Take 8, and Take 9 if you’re bored and feel like it).

• Around 12:30 this afternoon, I finished up all of my work for the day and headed straight to the pool.

Since Jay’s off from work today, it’s like we’re getting an extra day to our weekend, which is awesome.

• I’ve recently discovered that I love cherries…and proceeded to include them in my little poolside snack.

I don’t know why I always thought I didn’t like fresh cherries (maybe I had a bad batch?) but these things are so, so good. However, the whole pit thing is sort of a hassle.

• So speaking of those cherries…the only reason I even discovered that I actually like them is because my mom ended up giving me a huge bag of mixed fruit last night at our softball game (which one won, by the way…tangent within a tangent?)

I have no idea what I’m going to do with them all before they go bad…maybe some sort of mixed berry cobbler???

If anyone has any ideas for me, please, send ‘em my way!

He’s thrilled with ‘em, which makes me happy. I love how Reebok offers such a cool service.

• When those sneakers right there got delivered today, they apparently required a signature…and since Jay was out for a few minutes, the Fed Ex guy came right into my backyard. Yep…me, my sweaty self in a bikini, and a whole lot of awkwardness. Thanks a bunch, Mr. Fed Ex.

• Guess what? My garden has veggies!!

I totally did not mean to pick this guy yesterday, since he’s still a bit small, but I can’t tell you how excited I am. My zucchini plants are larger than life and a coupe of my tomato plants even have some little green ones on there. I think the tomatoes are what I’m most looking forward to. Nothing compares.

Hope everyone’s Friday is going great! Now it’s about time to head back out to the pool.

Cheers to the weekend! Smile

1 Sana June 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Lol, the Fed Ex guy was persistent!
Sana recently posted..“Indian Chili” My Sick Meal {RECIPE}

2 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Cherries are my favorite!! And those shoes are awesome!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Haha don’t you love it when delivery people do stuff like that? The other day someone knocked on the door of my apartment and I was literally turning the shower off so I didn’t answer. They kept knocking, so finally I yelled that I was just out of the shower and indisposed. I went about my business and 5 minutes later, the guy knocked again! So I threw on clothes with my hair soaking wet and answered only to have him tell me that the maintenance people would come fix my sink LATER! That was his only reason for knocking and waiting. Lol.
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..June Yoga Challenge Recap and Giveaway!!

4 Annie June 29, 2012 at 3:26 pm

cobler, crumble, you can top your morning porridge with them (oatmeal for you US gals :D), put them on pancakes, waffles, in yogurt, salads… the list is endless :D

5 Sarah June 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I’m so jealous of your garden. The chipmunks have been in ours and I’ve had to replant everything two of or three times. Even our biggest plants are tinier than they should be. :-(

I’m ready to take drastic measures against those little buggers.
Sarah recently posted..Let’s Talk About the Tour de France 2012

6 Michelle@Peachy Palate June 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I’m a cherry addict!!!! Cherry almond muffins, overnight cherry filled oats, cherry chocolate and coconut brownies, a big cherry smoothie, almond extract recommended. Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats (cocoa powder in the mix, coconut and almonds on top), cherry and blueberry jam…I could go on! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..What I’ve been making lately

7 Amanda June 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm

You could freeze the fruit and save it for smoothies? I guess you’d have to get rid of the cherry pits first though…

8 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third June 29, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Cherries by the pool sounds like the perfect summer time snack!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Let’s Get Uncomfortable

9 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } June 29, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I fail miserably at growing veggies every year – your are so adorable!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Aromatherapy + TMJ

10 Jonathan Bechtel June 29, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Agreed, cherries by the pool sound great!

I actually had a big plan for today to be productive, but it’s now 4:00 and I’ve hardly done any of it….

Ah well. Here’s to the weekend!
Jonathan Bechtel recently posted..Why Your Body Wasn’t “Meant” To Eat Anything

11 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm

how exciting about your garden! and those berries are incredible!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Veggie Curry Lettuce Wraps! GF, V, BED!

12 Kierston June 29, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Shoes look awesome!

Cherries are delish :)

Enjoy your weekend!
Kierston recently posted..Campground to Training Ground…

13 Courtneys FedEx Guy(AKA.CourtneysfriendJoey) June 29, 2012 at 4:26 pm

No Courtney, thank you!!!
P.S. I want those shoes!

14 amy June 29, 2012 at 4:56 pm

summer cherries are the best! I am from MI so they truly have the best cherries around!!

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I LOVE cherries! You can send any you don’t want my way! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 29, 2012 at 6:21 pm

So so jealous you are at the pool!! A mixed berry cobbler (which some vanilla ice cream) sounds amazing :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Dinner at the Yacht Club

17 Shari June 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Ah, a pool must be amazing on a sweltering day like this!
Shari recently posted..Sweet Serendipity.

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 29, 2012 at 7:09 pm

i LOVE cherries too! you could freeze the fruit (after you pit the cherries) and put it in smoothies, oatmeal, etc for later use if you’re worried they could go bad. i freeze everything. haha. glad you’re enjoying some pool time! i WISH we had a pool right about now… we ended up coming home early from camping because the bugs were horrendous and there was a lot of smoke from a somewhat nearby fire, and it is HOT here at home! i want a pool pronto!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..June Yoga Challenge Closing Thoughts

19 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Today was a pool day for me, too! I thought it might be too hot, but it was so refreshing! Have a great weekend!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Pins and Things

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Your pool looks so nice!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Moving is not Fun

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 29, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I just learned I loved cherries a couple years ago but it was definitely quite the pleasant and welcomed surprise. I sure do love ‘em!! And if you don’t know what to do with all those berries, I’ll gladly take ‘em off your hands. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday!

22 Lisa June 29, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Wahoo have a great weekend! You could make jam, or just pit the cherries and freeze them for smoothies later
Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday

23 Khushboo Thadani June 30, 2012 at 12:50 am

LOVE cherries but agreed about the pit bit! What about making a black forest cake with them? I’m sure that would go down well!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..LOL – worthy

24 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. June 30, 2012 at 1:26 am

I have a batch of fresh cherries in the fridge right now! So delish, but I agree–the pit is a hassle!
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..Workout Hair!

25 sherice@foodieluvsfitness June 30, 2012 at 2:00 am

Your pool looks so refreshing and inviting.. I want one in my yard!! Fresh cherries are so good.. I like the dark red ones and Rainer Cherries are the yellowish red ones.. yummy!! Because I have the cutest almost yr old Boston Terrier we have nothing but our 2nd yr strawberry plants in our raised beds this yr. I needed to get a fence across the garden area out to keep said cute puppy out so he can’t dig but I’m a procrastinator!! Gardening is really rewarding isn’t it?! and your so right on about the Tomatoes!! Nothing better than fresh garden grown sliced with a little salt. That’s how my gramps would eat them at supper time.. fond memories!

26 Emily June 30, 2012 at 9:44 am

Let me know whenever your free and want to try a hot yoga class! I’ve been typically going on Monday and Tuesday evenings, sometimes Thursday mornings (at 6AM) and usually do a class on either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weekend! :)
Emily recently posted..browned butter chocolate chip cookies

27 Laurel June 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm

You could put the berries in your ice cube trays with water, so you can have flavored water. I like to make a big pot of tea and put fruit in it for flavored tea.