A Wrench In The Plans

by Courtney on June 30, 2012

Hey, hey! Hope everyone’s enjoying their Saturday. Things haven’t been all that exciting over here so far today…

We were supposed to attend a graduation party this afternoon but had a wrench thrown into our plans when we discovered that a leaky pipe in the basement caused part of our ceiling to cave in.

Yeah…not quite how we anticipated starting our day off! Thank god Jay is handy with practically everything, so he went out to get the materials he needed to fix it and I helped clean up the mess all over the floor.

Things could be worse though, right? That’s what we keep reminding ourselves.

Before finding out about that lovely situation, there was some breakfast and baking happening over here this morning.

Breakfast included a cereal combo with Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Purely O’s, strawberries and blueberries from my monster bag, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

By the way, good call on freezing the berries. I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do with whatever isn’t gone by tomorrow evening. Winking smile

While I sat and ate breakfast, I could smell the wonderful aromas of this beauty baking in the oven.

Another batch of Low-Fat Banana Bread. Yum.

I’ve snacked on a few pieces so far today, spread with either peanut butter, this stuff, or just picked off the end of the loaf (gotta eat the crispy edges while they’re still fresh!).

Thankfully my snacks haven’t consisted solely of banana bread…

I did make sure to throw some veggies into the mix too.

I spent some time giving myself a manicure while watching Van Wilder on TV (Jay and I could watch this movie daily and never get sick of it.

source

Then again, I could also watch Ryan Reynolds on anything daily and would be totally okay with that. Winking smile

Now, my bag is packed…

and I’m headed off for a fun bachelorette party weekend for my girl, Rachel! I’m so looking forward to spending the weekend with this crew.

The last time we all got to ‘bachelorette party’ it up together was almost two years ago for Joelle’s bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Although this weekend is probably going to be a bit more low-key, there’s no doubt that it’s going to be a blast.

Catch ya later this weekend! Smile

P.S. – After tallying up all of the entries/link ups from the June Yoga Challenge and randomly choosing a number, the winner of the Aurorae Yoga Mat giveaway is Meredith. Congratulations! Email me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com so we can get you hooked up!

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life June 30, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Have fun with the girls!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..June Goals Roundup

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 30, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Bummer about the leak!! But I’m impressed with your hubby’s fix-it skills!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

3 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 30, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I LOVE Van Wilder…I seriously laugh every time I watch that movie haha. So sorry about your ceiling! Good thing Jay is a hand guy :). I hope you have a great time at the bachelorette party!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..The Simple Things A-Z

4 Skirt June 30, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Nice job j-dawg. From now on at softball court he is mr. fix-it

5 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } June 30, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I just bought that cereal at Publix today – my absolute favorite! Have a blast this weekend!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..June Fitness Summary

6 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 30, 2012 at 6:37 pm

That is indeed not the best way to start a weekend but like you said, it could have been worse!! Thank goodness for a handy hubby!! I have one, too.

Have fun this weekend at the bachelorette party!! Hopefully you will have some fun pics for us!!

Oh, and you now have me TOTALLY addicted to the Quaker Oat Squares. My kids and I finished off a box in four days. I bought another one today, let’s see how long it lasts, lol!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Summer Lovin’

7 Kailey June 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Sorry to hear about a leaky pipe!! That doesn’t seem like a fun day off! That banana bread looks great :)
Kailey recently posted..I take that back

8 Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 30, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your ceiling! Hopefully it won’t be too difficult to fix!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting

9 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 30, 2012 at 7:54 pm

oh man, glad things didn’t get worse than that! And you have me craving banana bread now. I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your girlfriends~
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Let’s be Organic

10 Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 30, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Such a coincidence, I just bought all the ingredients at the store today so that I could make your banana bread tomorrow for the week! Great minds think alike :)
Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Sticky Temps, Swim Workout and Celebrity Sisters

11 Sana June 30, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Yikes, I hope your basement is ok!

12 Khushboo July 1, 2012 at 12:38 am

You and Jay make a good team- glad you got it sorted out!
Khushboo recently posted..LOL – worthy

13 Lili July 1, 2012 at 2:28 am

Ur banana bread is baking yumm.. (:

14 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 1, 2012 at 8:35 am

Ahhh Ryan Reynolds :) I love you bag!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..My First Foodie Pen Pal Adventure

15 Sarah July 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

How fun! You are going to have the best time with all of your girlfriends! I’m jealous of your girl time! :)
Sarah recently posted..June Yoga Challenge {Week 4}

16 Candice July 1, 2012 at 11:42 am

Ugh! I hate when things like that happen at home! Our water heater bit the dust this week and leaked all over.. Big renovations required.. Boo. Lucky jay is so handy!
Have fun at the bachelorette party!
Candice recently posted..My Week in Tangents

17 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Hope your basement is better!

Quick question…. I remember you saying that the baking blend bothered your stomach. Did you still use it in this loaf? Did it have the same effect? Thanks Courtney, and have a great time with the girls! :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Chocolate Banana Bread Oats

18 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 1, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Have fun at the party!! Your going to have a blast!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

19 Meredith @ DareYouTo July 1, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Yikes about the leak – not a fun way to start the weekend. Must be nice having such a handy husband, though! Hope you’re having a great time with your girls – sounds like fun. (And nice bag ;) It fits everryyything!)
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Sweat: HOT Yoga