He Lied.

by Courtney on June 30, 2012

After lounging it up all day at the pool yesterday, Jay and I finally decided to put ourselves together and head out for some dinner.

We wanted to try somewhere new and we wanted somewhere with an outdoor patio, so imagine our delight when we checked out this place.

Just look at that patio!

We did a little research before leaving the house and came across a restaurant called The Mill. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot, we almost ended up turning back around because it looked absolutely packed, but we decided to scope it out first. Good thing we did…there was one table left with our name on it!

Of course, I decided to sit on the side directly facing the sun…not a good move on my part.

But it was nothing a quick, 45 degree turn on the table couldn’t fix. Winking smile

We both started out with a couple beverages – wine for me, beer for him.

And enjoyed sipping on them while listening to the live entertainment that was right near by.

As soon as we were seated and handed menus, we both immediately spotted the pulled pork nachos and impulsively told our waitress that we needed some.

The pork was delicious, but I really could have done without the liquid cheese…I’ve never been a fan of that stuff.

We ordered them so quickly that I also forgot to ask for no olives and jalapenos on the side. I spent my time navigating around them, but then Jay tells me that the jalapenos (or “jollies” as we call ‘em) are “really not that bad – not spicy at all!” So, for some odd reason, I decide to be feisty and try one all by itself…

He lied. Big time.

Thankfully the fire that was happening inside my mouth calmed down by the time our dinners came. I ordered the Cran Apple Salad which came with grilled chicken, dried cranberries, apples, candied walnuts, and carrots.

It was pretty good, nothing crazy.

But I was in good company so that’s all that mattered.

Happy Weekend, everyone! I don’t know about you, but I’ve got lots of fun on the agenda for today and tomorrow…it’s a bachelorette party kinda weekend! Smile

1 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom June 30, 2012 at 10:06 am

The little trickster ;-)!!!

Jalapenos are actually a must for me when it comes to nachos but I like things a little spicy! The liquid cheese….not so much!!

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 30, 2012 at 10:11 am

that’s totally something my hubby would have done too… he is a champ when it comes to spicy stuff. me on the other hand? a total whimp. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Healthy(ER) Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 Khushboo June 30, 2012 at 10:15 am

I always think my spice threshhold is higher than what it actually is- kills me every time! I want to recreate that recipe!
Khushboo recently posted..LOL – worthy

4 Khushboo June 30, 2012 at 10:18 am

Whoops I mean salad not recipe!
Khushboo recently posted..LOL – worthy

5 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 30, 2012 at 10:17 am

The liquid cheese is the best part of those kind of nachos!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..June Yoga Challenge Recap and Giveaway!!

6 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp June 30, 2012 at 10:25 am

Your would-be order sounds exactly like me! No liquid nacho cheese (gross) and olives & jalapenos on the side for the hubby. And why is that that husbands have a higher threshold for spicy foods? I just don’t understand how something tastes good when your mouth is on fire.
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..WIAW: Disney Edition

7 Dee June 30, 2012 at 10:33 am

Sounds like it was time to dive into the liquid cheese — it helps put out the fire.

The salad looks wonderful and the perfect supper for this heat wave. I’m thinking I could recreate that at home for sure.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Dee recently posted..Friday Foto – Cute Overload Edition

8 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

Sounds like a fun night and the restaurant is adorable!!! Those were some huge nachos!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Orange Creamsicle Frappe / Foodie Penpal

9 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 30, 2012 at 11:23 am

Ahh I have no spice threshold whatsoever! Everything is spicy to me :) Looks like a great night! I love outdoor dining in the summer! Enjoy your weekend!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..I’m Back!!

10 Danica @ It's Progression June 30, 2012 at 11:29 am

I’ve always been grossed out by that liquid cheese too haha We’re going out to dinner with some friends tonight and are looking for a place with a patio too, unless this 90-degree weather doesn’t simmer down by then :/ Hope you have a great Saturday!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Whole-Wheat Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe

11 Leanne June 30, 2012 at 11:35 am

That nacho bowl does look really good tho! =) I’m not a fan of melted cheese on my nachos either.. but it’s been TOO long since having a good bowl of nachos, so I’d take anything ;) lol.
Leanne recently posted..Yoga Challenge – Namaste ♥ & ♥ follow your heart

12 Raychel June 30, 2012 at 11:53 am

My husband does that to me all the time! Trying to be all tough guy like the heat doesn’t phase him. Stinker
Raychel recently posted..Please, don’t ever let me skip a night at the gym again.

13 Jen N June 30, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I love the patio at The Mill! Their food isn’t bad, typical pub food. Goes well with a beer or two, and they are only about 10 minutes from me :)

14 Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I’ve never tried jalapeños because I have very sensitive taste buds haha sounds like it isn’t something I should do in the near future! Looks like a yummy salad and fun restaurant. Hope you have a good time this weekend :)
Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Sticky Temps, Swim Workout and Celebrity Sisters

15 Alyssa June 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Just have to say your hair looks gorgeous! love the color!

16 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 30, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Haha, Kyle loves jalapeno and all things spicy. I can’t handle it most of the time
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..the dreaded plyometrics

17 Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’m with you on the nacho cheese. However, I ordered liquid cheese with fries once, and it was actually melted cheddar cheese. I actually ordered seconds!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I don’t like liquid cheese either. Bleck! But at least you had nice weather and live music! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

19 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } June 30, 2012 at 5:02 pm

You look fabulous! I love that brown top!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Aromatherapy + TMJ

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm

You look gorgeous!Did you get your hair done? It looks really good. And by the way, you are a baby when it comes to spicy foods. ;) (I say this with love)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

21 Courtney July 2, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Thanks Chels! I got it cut and colored a couple of weeks ago.
And yes…I know I’m a total baby when it comes to the spicy stuff. ;)

22 Courtney July 2, 2012 at 10:19 am

You were in my neck of the woods! We frequent the Mill patio during the summer. Food is ok, but the atmosphere is fun!

23 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 2, 2012 at 10:52 am

I used to not like jalapeños but now I put them on just about everything!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #4

24 Molly Ritterbeck July 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm

That looks yum – and I love spice!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..Motivating Monday #4

25 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm

That salad looks great.

I’m a big spicy fan, but I never hold the peppers with my fingers! They can leave spicy oils on your hands that last forever and if you take out your contacts – ouch.
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Challenges & Resting