Sign of a True Friend

Good morning and happy Tuesday…from my usual little corner at Starbucks.

Yup, I went back to the oats in a jar in public today. I’ve been getting looks and glances all morning long, but the kicker was the lady who continued to stare, proceeded to order a scone, a piece of banana loaf, and a venti white chocolate mocha and then sit and eat them all across the room.

Hey, if she wants to judge me for eating out of a peanut butter jar while she tackles her breakfast of 1,000+ calories, then she can go riiiiight ahead.

Today’s batch of OIAJ was too good to worry about what people thought anyway, and I have my good friend Kate to thank.

I love how she thinks to save her almost empty PB jars for me. Is that not a sign of a true friend or what? Winking smile

I prepped my usual batch of OIAJ last night (with lots of blueberries) and topped it with some Love Grown Foods granola this morning.

A safe bet, as always.

I’ve got a few errands to take care of later this morning, then I’m back to work for a bit, then I have a couple of appointments, then its back home…at some point!

Be on the lookout later this afternoon for a new workout to try. Smile

Some Reading Material For Your Tuesday…

Question for the Morning:

What do you consider to be a sign of a true friend (funny – aka, saving PB jars for you, or serious)?

Comments

Looking forward to a new workout to try! I love people watching, though there is nothing worse than people who just stair rudely, I definitely would have said something!
    Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Jammy

HAHAHA that made me laugh about the lady staring at you…so quick to judge! She starts her morning with a sugar hangover yet you’re the one who gets the stares- funny how that pans out! I need a Kate in my life :)! A true friend doesn’t ask you what you want to drink…she goes right ahead and makes the drink without asking !
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Reaching bodily perfection

3. CourtneysfriendJoey says

I feel as though I deserve a shout-out for the peanut butter jar as well. Who do you think had to eat all that peanut butter for you to get the jar??? And now thanks to this post I have “it’s peanut butter jelly time” stuck in my head again… thanks alot Courtney!!!

That is too sweet!
    Your friend sounds so nice. :)

I have never tried OIAJ… so I am going to have to. They look and sound AMAZING :)

Have a wonderful day.
    Catlin recently posted..Walking…

I had OIAJ too in that same exact jar (but creamy Skippy) and I won’t lie…I get pretty excited the night before knowing that I get to scoop up PB in my oatmeal the next morning! SO GOOD!

A good friend is one who knows you well enough to make you do something that’s good for you, even when you’re being stubborn. That’s why I loved my college roomie – she could pull me out of a funk and get me to do what I needed to, even when all I wanted to do was be a bum on the sofa.

Ha, love the story about the overly hungry lady :) I can’t think of a better way to describe a true friend than how you just did.. ohh and it’d be good if that friend let me know if I have something gross in my teeth, or my shirt on backwards!

Have a wonderful day :) **Also, I just started my own blog.. TODAY! Check it out!
    Jessie recently posted..It’s finally time!

You should of offered her a taste of OIAJ…she would of been pleasantly surprised (or maybe shocked 😉 )…and even more surprised at how good they are…and like an 1/8th of the calories she is getting.
    Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

9. Angela says

I’m a new reader to your blog and I absolutely love it!! Too funny on the “starer” in Starbucks. The sad part about it, I doubt she even realizes she is consuming that many calories.

OIAJ is one of the most brilliant ideas I’ve come across! It makes an empty peanut butter jar a lot less depressing. :) And I LOL’d when you mentioned the woman with the giant, sugary breakfast, because I would’ve been thinking the same thing!

I knew that my friends were true keepers when they graciously helped me move to a new apartment in the middle of January in Michigan… with no complaints!!
    Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Howdy from TX!

hey now lady, you’re not allowed to judge her breakfast if she can’t judge yours 😉 we’re all free to make our own choices, whether we agree with them or not.

but that IS a true friend by the way with the pb jar, i have to beg my fiance to leave me some scrappings!! he loves to wipe those jars clean!!

and i liked that article on 40 things to try when you don’t want to work out. i always find i dont ever want to work out, but once i start moving i get all into it. funny how that happens.
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

• says

I do the same thing! Like when I’m in TJ Maxx and pull out a bag of grapes from my purse. I believe healthy snacks should be allowed at any establishment whether they sell food or not!
      Shana recently posted..Roll With It

I love the oats in a jar! As a college student that carries a giant jar of JIF Natural and a spoon in my backpack for snacks during/between classes, I know the crazy looks that you get!
    Kalyn recently posted..SiriusXM vs AM/FM

haha! I love how she ordered a ton of bad food lol I totally want to do that one day with the jar and make people think I’m this weirdo haha

14. Jillian says

Love grown is finally being stocked at my local canadian grocery store. Do you just eat the plain granola? or which flavour is your favorite?

• Courtney says

I love the plain because it’s so versatile, but the raisin almond and cranberry pecan are also both incredible!

Hahaha I love your attitude. Sounds like she needs to look in the mirror if she is looking for someone to judge!
    Katy recently posted..July

16. Marie says

A true friend, I feel, is one who doesn’t judge but who also can tell you in a loving way where you can improve your perspective or life. LOL, we usually buy the huge Costco jar of PB…can you imagine the stares!??

You should see the looks I get when I mix up a batch of PB2 at work and proceed to eat it with a spoon (and nothing else). PB2 sidebar: It’s really, really good made with almond milk and cinnamon. I just discovered a blend of cashew, hazelnut, and almond milk that pretty much makes the best Pb2 mixture ever. Oh, the possibilities!
    Shana recently posted..Roll With It