Upper Body Superset Workout

by Courtney on July 3, 2012

Who doesn’t love a great upper body workout, right? Right!

Especially now that the summer months are upon us, I’m pretty sure it’s fairly common for us ladies to want to make sure our arms are lookin’ good in those cute tanks and tees.

So for that reason, I decided to put together a little upper body workout focusing on the bi’s, tri’s, and shoulders…

biceps triceps and shoulders workout

The workout is made up of three supersets, with each one focusing on a different muscle group.

The first move listed in the superset is a balance and stability move; this move utilizes either a Bosu or stability ball and will force you to keep your core muscles engaged through the duration of the exercise. For this exercise you should choose a weight where you are able to perform about 15-20 reps.

The second move listed in the superset is a basic strength move. For this exercise, you should choose a slightly heavier weight that will allow you to perform about 8-10 reps while still maintaining proper form.

Complete each superset 3x, moving quickly in between each set. Take a few minutes to rest in between each superset before moving on to the next.

Superset 1: Biceps

Alternating Dumbbell Bicep Hammer Curls on Stability Ball with 1 Leg Up

Dumbbell Bicep Curls on Incline Bench (face down)

Superset 2: Triceps

Superset 1

hammer curlbicep curl

Superset 2

triceptricep extension

Superset 3

front raiseside raise

Have fun sculpting those super hot arms of yours! Winking smile

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 3, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I loved your shoulder workout – this one looks great, too!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Triple Berry Tiramisu Cake (Lightened Up)

2 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 3, 2012 at 1:12 pm

This is GREAT! Thank you!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Lazy Day

3 Katie July 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Great workout, Courtney! I need workouts to help me with my balance, so this one is perfect! :)
Katie recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday {2}

4 Katie July 3, 2012 at 1:20 pm

P.S. You should add this on Pinterest! :D
Katie recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday {2}

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Love that you added some Bosu moves … I did a core class today that incorporated the Bosu, and it really challenged my balance!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..It tastes too good to be healthy!

6 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I love lifting upper body! May be doin’ this tomorrow!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..3 miles in the zone

7 Kristi July 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm

aaaand today is an arm day. Perfect! ;) thanks!

8 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Can’t wait to try this! I always neglect working out my arms in favor of legs and abs and I have the upper body strength of a toddler.
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Mini Stuffed Mushrooms

9 Candice July 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Awesome arm workout!
Candice recently posted..Let the festivities begin

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 3, 2012 at 2:37 pm

looks like a great workout!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down On Friday!

11 Lisa July 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Perfect. I’ve been doing so much bodyweight workouts I need to pick up those weights again
Lisa recently posted..Choosing happiness

12 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

OoOo that exercise kneeling on the stability ball makes me nervous! haha. But it sounds like a really good workout, for sure~
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Mouthwatering Ban-Berry Bars {Vegan}

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate July 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I can feel my arms burning already :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The best things reach my plate in threes

14 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I love the pictures that you included with the workout!!

I will have to mark this one for a future upper body workout. Today, I did a 100 pushup challenge for time and OMG, my chest, arms and shoulders are FRIED!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..To Gym or Not to Gym. That is the Question?

15 Mitchell - Home Fitness Manual July 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Courtney, it’s good to see the upper body getting some love as well. Firmer arms really do make a difference.
Mitchell – Home Fitness Manual recently posted..Unlock The Hidden Power Of The Psoas Stretch

16 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing July 3, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I love this workout – thank you for sharing!! :)
Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing recently posted..Bad number

17 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness July 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I did an arms workout post today too! Great minds! :)
Love yours! xx
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Anywhere Arms Routine: A Firecracker Workout

18 michelle kim July 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Ooh! Looks like a great upper body workout!
BTW, guess who I saw in Fitness magazine while I was treadmilling this morning… YOU :D. That’s so cool (even though I’m sure it’s old news for you).
michelle kim recently posted..Good Enough

19 Zarine Zenfrick July 12, 2012 at 3:19 am

You really give me ideas on what perfect workouts to do for every part of the body. I will do some of these workouts at home.
Zarine Zenfrick recently posted..Sex and Aging: Bump up your Libido Naturally