Crazy Good

Happy 4th of July, friends!

source

Isn’t that photo just beautiful?

I’m looking forward to a fun-filled day up on Saratoga lake with friends later today, but first, I had to start the day off the best way I know how: a good workout and a great breakfast.

Today’s workout was 40 minutes of yoga + 20 minutes of cardio, which wasn’t too intense but felt great. My biceps are actually pretty sore today from doing my upper body superset workout yesterday!

Breakfast was killerrrrr.

I’m telling you guys…these Kodiak Cakes? I can’t get enough of ‘em. Good lord they’re so good.

For today’s batch, I mixed in about 2/3 of a mashed small banana and 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal which not only made the pancakes look like banana bread, but they seriously tasted like it too.

Topped with some peanut butter, a small drizzle of syrup and the rest of my ‘naner. These things were craaaaazy good.

Alright, it’s about time to get myself ready for the day. In case you’re a Last Minute Mary like I tend to be, be sure to check out this post from last year with some of my favorite recipes for 4th of July.

Time to scoot…have a great day, everyone! (P.S. – the winner of the Shabby Apple Giveaway will be announced later this afternoon)

Comments

1. Joelle @ on a pink typewriter says

Mmm these look yummy! Need me some pancakes.. I’ve never tried Kodiak
    Cakes.

2. Mailoha says

Hey I’m dying to try these cakes! Can you tell me exactly how you made them? You mentioned that you “mixed in about 2/3 of a mashed small banana and 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal” but how much of the Kodiak did you use?

• Courtney says

Probably the fact that they’re so easy and you only need to add water. Taste-wise, honestly, I always prefer scratch, but these are definitely still fantastic :)

As a Canadian girl, I just get to enjoy a regular old Wednesday today.

Also as a Canadian, I do not have a Target to find these Kodiak cakes you (and everyone else in the blogworld) rave about so much! Will definitely have to make a trip across the border sometime this summer to pick some up.

So I was wondering if you had any tips for pre-workout meals. I know you have your breakfast (like the pancakes) after your workout like I usually do but I’m looking for some ideas of what to eat before. Thanks!
    Carly recently posted..WIA Double Trouble(:

• Courtney says

If I’m working out early, I actually really enjoy eating Clif Z Bars first thing! they’re the perfect amount to keep me full throughout the workout…and they’re super yummy too :)