Crazy Good

by Courtney on July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July, friends!

source

Isn’t that photo just beautiful?

I’m looking forward to a fun-filled day up on Saratoga lake with friends later today, but first, I had to start the day off the best way I know how: a good workout and a great breakfast.

Today’s workout was 40 minutes of yoga + 20 minutes of cardio, which wasn’t too intense but felt great. My biceps are actually pretty sore today from doing my upper body superset workout yesterday!

Breakfast was killerrrrr.

I’m telling you guys…these Kodiak Cakes? I can’t get enough of ‘em. Good lord they’re so good.

For today’s batch, I mixed in about 2/3 of a mashed small banana and 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal which not only made the pancakes look like banana bread, but they seriously tasted like it too.

Topped with some peanut butter, a small drizzle of syrup and the rest of my ‘naner. These things were craaaaazy good.

Alright, it’s about time to get myself ready for the day. In case you’re a Last Minute Mary like I tend to be, be sure to check out this post from last year with some of my favorite recipes for 4th of July.

Time to scoot…have a great day, everyone! (P.S. – the winner of the Shabby Apple Giveaway will be announced later this afternoon)

1 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 4, 2012 at 9:43 am

Sounds like you have a great start to the day! I need to get my rear in gear and get a good sweat on. A great workout is a must today with all the goodies I plan on consuming!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Freedom + WIAW #3

2 Khushboo July 4, 2012 at 9:54 am

Have a great 4th of July, C!
Khushboo recently posted..Reaching bodily perfection

3 Courtney July 4, 2012 at 10:05 am

Thanks, K! ;)

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 4, 2012 at 9:59 am

I also squeezed in an hour workout this morning so I can enjoy some drinks with fireworks guilt free tonight ;)

Have a safe one!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Happy 4th of July!

5 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 4, 2012 at 10:13 am

Just wondering Courtney if you ever tire of your pancakes? You eat them so often, makes me wonder if I shouldn’t be eating pancakes more often :) !

(I love any carb + PB + banana concoction too!).

Happy 4th!
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..The 3 Meals-a-Day Challenge

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 4, 2012 at 10:14 am

what a fun day you have ahead! and i’m right there with ya on those kodiak cakes – love those things!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #41: Instagram Style

7 Joelle @ on a pink typewriter July 4, 2012 at 10:23 am

Mmm these look yummy! Need me some pancakes.. I’ve never tried Kodiak
Cakes.

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 4, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ahhh I was at Target the other day and TOTALLY forgot to pick up the Kodiak cakes! Man, I can’t believe I forgot!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Trying new things.

9 Mandy July 4, 2012 at 10:37 am

I truly believe bananas can top just about anything. I put them on top of almond butter every morning. Delightful! Have a great Fourth.
Mandy recently posted..inSPIRIT by the Sea

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

I need to pick up some of that Kodiak mix!

Happy 4th!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..How we Ended up in a House

11 Anne @ LoveMintChocolateChip July 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

Yum!! I actually just bought a box of Kodiak Cakes and I can not wait to try them :)
Anne @ LoveMintChocolateChip recently posted..WIAW: {Happy Birthday America}

12 Mailoha July 4, 2012 at 11:04 am

Hey I’m dying to try these cakes! Can you tell me exactly how you made them? You mentioned that you “mixed in about 2/3 of a mashed small banana and 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal” but how much of the Kodiak did you use?

13 Courtney July 4, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Half a cup

14 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 4, 2012 at 11:11 am

Sounds like a fun day!!! I’m dying to try those Kodiak cakes! Happy Fourth! Have an awesome day!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I ate Wednesday and Happy Fourth

15 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter July 4, 2012 at 11:22 am

Happy Fourth Courtney!!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Happy Fourth!!

16 Molly July 4, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I really need to try those kodiak cakes…they look awesome! Happy 4th! :)

17 Tara Deal July 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I keep reading about Kodiak cakes on just about every blog and I see them at the store…what makes them so special!?!??!
Tara Deal recently posted..4th of July Traditions

18 Courtney July 5, 2012 at 7:16 am

Probably the fact that they’re so easy and you only need to add water. Taste-wise, honestly, I always prefer scratch, but these are definitely still fantastic :)

19 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Happy 4 th of July!!!!!!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Blueberry Peach Crisp / Holiday Recipe Club

20 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 4, 2012 at 1:32 pm

As a Canadian girl, I just get to enjoy a regular old Wednesday today.

Also as a Canadian, I do not have a Target to find these Kodiak cakes you (and everyone else in the blogworld) rave about so much! Will definitely have to make a trip across the border sometime this summer to pick some up.

21 Lisa July 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I so wish we had those pancakes over here! Everyone is always raving about them. Have a great holiday today!
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #15

22 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 4, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Those pancakes looks phenom!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Brewers, Tapas, and Grilling

23 sheena July 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

so i made a trip to target JUST to pick up some kodiak cakes. was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!! thanks for the introduction!

24 Carly July 6, 2012 at 7:12 pm

So I was wondering if you had any tips for pre-workout meals. I know you have your breakfast (like the pancakes) after your workout like I usually do but I’m looking for some ideas of what to eat before. Thanks!
Carly recently posted..WIA Double Trouble(:

25 Courtney July 8, 2012 at 9:51 am

If I’m working out early, I actually really enjoy eating Clif Z Bars first thing! they’re the perfect amount to keep me full throughout the workout…and they’re super yummy too :)

26 Andy Staunt July 9, 2012 at 7:03 am

The fireworks looks so fantastic. You capture it perfectly. These pancakes are so yummy and delicious. What a delectable food it is.
Andy Staunt recently posted..Male Sexual Problem and How to Solve it using Natural Supplements