Double Win

by Courtney on July 6, 2012

I’m so glad to hear I was able to give some of you a little chuckle last night with my Pinterest finds. Most of them seriously made me laugh out loud too.

But while you guys were reading those, I was out playing a double header for softball last night!

Due to rainouts earlier in the season, we ended up having to play the same team two times last night. They were an undefeated team too, so Meg and I made sure to bring our A-game as the only ladies on the team.

We, surprisingly, had quite a few fans there to watch us last night which was great. I’m sure those of you who’ve been reading for a while can spot quite a few familiar faces in the crowd.

The night went great – we won BOTH games, I had a couple of really great hits, and a super important catch out in right field (that’s where I go if I’m not behind the plate heckling the batters). It was such a fun time. Smile

*****

Breakfast

Before heading to bed last night, I made sure to take some time to prep this morning’s breakfast. Another almost-empty PB jar was on my hands and I really can’t keep those around very long before putting them to use.

Just the usual OIAJ mix: oats, milk, water, chia seeds, mashed banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, blueberries, and granola.

Jay and I have also decided that we’re newly converted Jif fans. I almost always bought Skippy Natural for our PB of choice, but when my local grocery store stopped carrying it, I ended up picking this brand up instead and I’m SO glad I did. It’s slightly less sweet and super smooth and creamy…and the two of us have been going to town on the stuff lately. Winking smile

Time to go get my yoga on!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite kind of peanut/almond butter?

1 Michelle@PeachyPalate July 6, 2012 at 8:56 am

Do you have Meridian in the US? It’s amazing, all natural and organic. Love it! Well done on the wins!!!
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..So damn refreshing

2 Michelle @ Blogitness July 6, 2012 at 8:57 am

Peanut Butter and Company
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites and a NeoCell Protein Powder Review

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 6, 2012 at 9:01 am

I love Dark Chocolate Dreams from Peanut Butter & Co. It’s so good :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..KIT’s Organic!…

4 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 6, 2012 at 9:03 am

if i had to pick, i’m all about jif. that is what we had growing up, and i just think it tastes better than skippy. my all-time favorite that i discovered about a year (or maybe two?) ago is adam’s all natural crunchy peanut butter. SO good and i love that it has minimal ingredients.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Let’s See How I Did!

5 Lindsey July 6, 2012 at 9:11 am

I tried the Kraft Natural and really liked it but usually I just buy the natural brand at Costco.
Lindsey recently posted..ABCs of Happiness

6 Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin July 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

hmm I definitely am a huge jif natural peanut butter crunchy! i love almond butter and nutella as well :-)
Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin recently posted..Trip to see Raelyn

7 Alexa @ Simple Eats July 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

I love Teddie’s…I think it might only be a Boston brand, but you can probably order it online. Peanuts and salt…those are the only two ingredients!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Breakfast Muffins

8 Courtney July 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

We actually have that here in NY! I’ve never bought it (it’s a bit more expensive than my usual picks) but I always hear great things.

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 6, 2012 at 9:13 am

I’ve still yet to top my overnight oats with granola – I need to try it! I don’t like peanut butter, but I recently tried Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and I think I’m going to make the switch from Nutella. I love my Nutella but the Justin’s one is quite a bit healthier!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Asian Turkey Burgers

10 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 6, 2012 at 9:16 am

That is quite a crowd of spectators! I couldn’t imagine playing in this heat.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Breakfast Food Friday (Week 5)

11 Faith @ For the Health of It July 6, 2012 at 9:17 am

Im a sucker for Barney Butter. I found it on clearance once for $4 and got hooked – haven’t bought it again though since finding out it’s $9.50 a jar on regular price!

12 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 6, 2012 at 9:19 am

Trader Joe’s natural peanut butter or their sweetened sunflower seed butter. Mhm!
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Nutrition Bars

13 Natalie July 6, 2012 at 9:19 am

Anything from Peanut Butter and Co.! Currently, I’m enjoying their Mighty Maple flavor :)

14 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 6, 2012 at 9:19 am

Adam’s Crunchy Natural. It’s a little obnoxious to stir it when the oil separates for the PB, but I love the taste.
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..3-Meal-a-Day Challenge: Lunch

15 Khushboo July 6, 2012 at 9:23 am

I always bypass Jif for Skippy but I might have to you up on the recommendation :)
Khushboo recently posted..My A-Z of Happiness

16 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’m a big fan of the Jif Creamy Natural, too!! As for almond butter, I really like the Trader Joe’s Natural stuff. I am so ready to be at the end of that jar!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Headache of a Day + Pulled Pork

17 Stacey July 6, 2012 at 9:27 am

I love the Smuckers natural. Only ingredient is peanuts! It is not sweet at all…..

18 Laura July 6, 2012 at 9:31 am

TJ’s Almond butter with flax seed. I cant seem to keep the stuff in the house for long because eating it with a spoon is just too tempting.
Laura recently posted..20 weeks until my first half and a rest day

19 Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles July 6, 2012 at 9:37 am

I noticed PC was out of Skippy Natural when I went shopping on Tuesday, so I picked up the Jif Natural and it was perfect in the Peanut Butter Protein Balls I made last night :)

I love Saratoga Peanut Butter Company’s Adirondack Jack PB. It’s half peanut and half almond butter with lots of other goodies packed in!
Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday {Weekend Family Love}

20 Courtney July 6, 2012 at 9:54 am

Mmmm, I love ALL of the Saratoga PB! I frequently sample at least 4 different ones every single time I go to the Farmers Market. I think they may be on to me… ;)

21 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength July 6, 2012 at 9:40 am

Trader Joe’s almond butter with sea salt. Hands down. Yum.
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Wordless Weekend – Traveling With a Fussy Baby

22 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 6, 2012 at 9:41 am

I’m mostly a Skippy Creamy Natural, but I came across Reginald’s Homemade Cashew Nilla Cashew butter…probably the best thing I’ve ever had!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Wine of the Week: Eve by Charles Smith Wines

23 Kim | At Home With Kim July 6, 2012 at 9:42 am

Congrats on the double win!! I’m hooked on MaraNatha Almond Butter… and definitely recommend it. The only ingredient is Almonds.
Kim | At Home With Kim recently posted..Made to Crave Summer Book Club ~ Week #3

24 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 6, 2012 at 9:47 am

My favorite type is whatever’s on sale! lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Femme Friday: Katie Holmes

25 Courtney July 6, 2012 at 9:53 am

LOL – amen to that! ;)

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 6, 2012 at 9:49 am

I think Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Peanut Butter is my absolute favorite. But for day to day use, I use Jif or Smuckers Natural!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Friday Fun.

27 Kristin July 6, 2012 at 9:53 am

I love Maranatha Almond Butter and Better N Peanut Butter! Yum!!

28 Megan@ The Running Doc July 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

I just switched to the Jif Natural, too, I really like it! But if I feel like splurging I’ll buy some Peanut Butter & Co., but I know as soon as that stuff is in the house, it’ll be gone in no time!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Running Motivation

29 Courtney July 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

I don’t know if you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you or not, but I’ve gotten the PB & Co. there for like $3.99 a jar!

30 Lena @Fit on the Rocks July 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

Way to kick butt in both games! I’m personally addicted to Justin’s almond butters, but they’re kind of $$$.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Failed Attempt

31 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 6, 2012 at 10:26 am

That’s the peanut butter we buy ALL THE TIME! So much so, that when we buy the big jars. Now, I have a big almost empty jar to try for my first ever OIAJ! I’m a little nervous I won’t like them though because from what I gather they’re cold and I’ve never had cold oats
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Happy 4th Of July

32 Barbara July 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

Smuckers all-natural smooth, just peanuts and salt. Bought the chucky recently by mistake and likedn that too…not too crunchy and was great on my am waffles.

33 Candice July 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

Yay!! Way to go on the wins! Im a big Jif fan too, if I can’t find a grinder.
Oats in a jar are the best!
Candice recently posted..Running with a Stroller

34 Erica July 6, 2012 at 10:56 am

All Natural Better than Peanut Butter from Trader Joes. It comes in chocolate too!

35 Meghan @ After the Ivy League July 6, 2012 at 11:12 am

I’ve been a JIF girl for years…but recently converted to Trader Joes peanut butter. If I’m being honest, I’ll eat any kind of peanut butter…crunch, smooth, all natural, not natural…I just love peanut butter!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Pool Volleyball, Zip Lining, and Wakeboarding: SUMMER

36 Shannon July 6, 2012 at 11:18 am

Yay on the double softball game win yesterday! :)

My family eats nothing but Jif. Jif is the real peanut butter; I prefer creamy rather than crunchy.

37 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

I love Justin’s maple almond butter! It’s so good it’s dangerous ;)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Baked not Fried Chicken

38 Debbie (Accidently Delish) July 6, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ugh. I miss softball so much. I have played ever since I was like 7, played in high school, then stopped when I went to college and haven’t played on a team since. I would love to!

If I buy regular peanut butter we do the Jif Natural, but if I want to spend a little money I really love the Earth Balance almond butter. Sometimes there is nothing better than plain peanut butter though. Always seems to hit the spot!
Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

39 Lauren July 6, 2012 at 11:44 am

JIF has always been my favorite and I really like the Natural Chunky kind. It’s a little harder to find than the Creamy. I’m also a fan of Naturally More peanut butter. I like the flax seeds in it.

40 ashley July 6, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’m new to your blog, & i love it but i’m really interested in your OIAJ but how exactly do you make it, i’ve never even made oats. Do you make them the night before then put them in the pb jar with all the other stuff later. I’m really thinking about trying them but i wanna make sure i do it right. Thanks

41 Courtney July 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Here’s a post with the measurements of what I typically use: http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/07/07/addicted-to-working-out/

I basically just put it all in the jar at night, stir it up, let it sit overnight, and top it with some granola in the morning. Super easy!

42 Sarah @Blonde Bostonian July 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm

My favorite PB is definitely Teddie Crunchy PB – inexpensive and perfectly drippy for oatmeal. My fav almond butter is definitely Justin’s Honey Almond Butter, but it’s so pricey… :(
Sarah @Blonde Bostonian recently posted..We’re Ready

43 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I have a slight obsession with Peanut Butter and Co. peanut butter’s. They are good for you, but there are so many flavors too! My favorite is the Cinnamon Raisin. :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

44 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction July 6, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I love Better’N’Peanutbutter! They sell it at Wholefoods, tastes great, all natural and half the calories! It’s a win-win to me :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Maia Yogurt Review

45 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I love Jif too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sweet ‘n’ Sour Turkey Meatloaf

46 Socal Rachel July 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I have a girl friend who is a dietitian, she taught me anything with palm fruit oil, palm oil, etc isn’t good for you. It is what makes the food, ie peanut butter a solid form without the oil sitting on top. Its doing the same thing in your body and clogging your arteries. Any PB that says no stirring required contains palm fruit oil. I once checked all the natural peanut butter at my store and the ONLY one without palm oil was the store brand. Even though something says Natural, read the ingredient list!
Socal Rachel recently posted..Hiking in LA – Fish Canyon Falls

47 Ashley July 6, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I’m a sucker for all kinds of peanut butter but Skippy Natural is my all time favorite!

48 Kim @ The Family Practice July 6, 2012 at 1:39 pm

A grocery store not carrying skippy – that’s so odd. I’m a skippy girl all the way! We have “his and hers” pb: I like smooth, Nick likes crunchy but both are skippy :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..SHOEPEG CHICKEN SALAD

49 Lisa July 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Congrats on the wins! Artisana has the BEST coconut and cashew butter. I’m obsessed. Not exactly PB or AB, but it tastes better in my opinion!
Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday 4

50 jessie July 6, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Way to dominate @ your double-header! You’re AWESOME! I always get a little jealous reading about your games.. only bc I played throughout school, and sadly.. i kinda miss it!!

My favorite pb is Better’n Peanut Butter! If you haven’t tried it yet.. please do so!! I know TJ sells it, but you can always get it online :)
jessie recently posted..Our Mini-Vacation

51 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 6, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I love Peanut Butter & Co’s Dark Chocolate Dreams. Peanut butter and dark chocolate – clearly can’t go wrong. If I want something more natural (aka no sugar added) I like MaraNatha’s Creamy Natural Almond Butter.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Hitting the Bend

52 Lea July 7, 2012 at 8:03 am

I used to like JIF natural peanut butter, but then my roommate bought me 5 pounds of it for my birthday (she knows me so well!) and I ate it wayyyy to quickly.
My favorite peanut butter is currently Whole Food’s brand crunchy salted peanut butter. So good. Trader Joe’s crunchy salted is a close second.
Lea recently posted..Treadmill Love.

53 karleen July 8, 2012 at 6:26 am

Hey, I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it before, but have you heard of the “Better N Peanut Butter” brand PB? It’s soooo good. I believe most Targets, and Whole Foods stores carry it now. It has a slightly creamier texture, it’s slightly more expensive, but it’s only 100 cals for 2tbls! And really good!