Double Win

I’m so glad to hear I was able to give some of you a little chuckle last night with my Pinterest finds. Most of them seriously made me laugh out loud too.

But while you guys were reading those, I was out playing a double header for softball last night!

Due to rainouts earlier in the season, we ended up having to play the same team two times last night. They were an undefeated team too, so Meg and I made sure to bring our A-game as the only ladies on the team.

We, surprisingly, had quite a few fans there to watch us last night which was great. I’m sure those of you who’ve been reading for a while can spot quite a few familiar faces in the crowd.

The night went great – we won BOTH games, I had a couple of really great hits, and a super important catch out in right field (that’s where I go if I’m not behind the plate heckling the batters). It was such a fun time. Smile

*****

Breakfast

Before heading to bed last night, I made sure to take some time to prep this morning’s breakfast. Another almost-empty PB jar was on my hands and I really can’t keep those around very long before putting them to use.

Just the usual OIAJ mix: oats, milk, water, chia seeds, mashed banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, blueberries, and granola.

Jay and I have also decided that we’re newly converted Jif fans. I almost always bought Skippy Natural for our PB of choice, but when my local grocery store stopped carrying it, I ended up picking this brand up instead and I’m SO glad I did. It’s slightly less sweet and super smooth and creamy…and the two of us have been going to town on the stuff lately. Winking smile

Time to go get my yoga on!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite kind of peanut/almond butter?

Comments

if i had to pick, i’m all about jif. that is what we had growing up, and i just think it tastes better than skippy. my all-time favorite that i discovered about a year (or maybe two?) ago is adam’s all natural crunchy peanut butter. SO good and i love that it has minimal ingredients.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Let’s See How I Did!

• Courtney says

We actually have that here in NY! I’ve never bought it (it’s a bit more expensive than my usual picks) but I always hear great things.

I’ve still yet to top my overnight oats with granola – I need to try it! I don’t like peanut butter, but I recently tried Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and I think I’m going to make the switch from Nutella. I love my Nutella but the Justin’s one is quite a bit healthier!
    Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Asian Turkey Burgers

• Courtney says

Mmmm, I love ALL of the Saratoga PB! I frequently sample at least 4 different ones every single time I go to the Farmers Market. I think they may be on to me… 😉

• Courtney says

I don’t know if you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you or not, but I’ve gotten the PB & Co. there for like $3.99 a jar!

That’s the peanut butter we buy ALL THE TIME! So much so, that when we buy the big jars. Now, I have a big almost empty jar to try for my first ever OIAJ! I’m a little nervous I won’t like them though because from what I gather they’re cold and I’ve never had cold oats
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Happy 4th Of July

4. Barbara says

Smuckers all-natural smooth, just peanuts and salt. Bought the chucky recently by mistake and likedn that too…not too crunchy and was great on my am waffles.

Yay on the double softball game win yesterday! :)

My family eats nothing but Jif. Jif is the real peanut butter; I prefer creamy rather than crunchy.

Ugh. I miss softball so much. I have played ever since I was like 7, played in high school, then stopped when I went to college and haven’t played on a team since. I would love to!

If I buy regular peanut butter we do the Jif Natural, but if I want to spend a little money I really love the Earth Balance almond butter. Sometimes there is nothing better than plain peanut butter though. Always seems to hit the spot!
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

7. Lauren says

JIF has always been my favorite and I really like the Natural Chunky kind. It’s a little harder to find than the Creamy. I’m also a fan of Naturally More peanut butter. I like the flax seeds in it.

8. ashley says

I’m new to your blog, & i love it but i’m really interested in your OIAJ but how exactly do you make it, i’ve never even made oats. Do you make them the night before then put them in the pb jar with all the other stuff later. I’m really thinking about trying them but i wanna make sure i do it right. Thanks

I have a girl friend who is a dietitian, she taught me anything with palm fruit oil, palm oil, etc isn’t good for you. It is what makes the food, ie peanut butter a solid form without the oil sitting on top. Its doing the same thing in your body and clogging your arteries. Any PB that says no stirring required contains palm fruit oil. I once checked all the natural peanut butter at my store and the ONLY one without palm oil was the store brand. Even though something says Natural, read the ingredient list!
    Socal Rachel recently posted..Hiking in LA – Fish Canyon Falls

Congrats on the wins! Artisana has the BEST coconut and cashew butter. I’m obsessed. Not exactly PB or AB, but it tastes better in my opinion!
    Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday 4

Way to dominate @ your double-header! You’re AWESOME! I always get a little jealous reading about your games.. only bc I played throughout school, and sadly.. i kinda miss it!!

My favorite pb is Better’n Peanut Butter! If you haven’t tried it yet.. please do so!! I know TJ sells it, but you can always get it online :)
    jessie recently posted..Our Mini-Vacation

I used to like JIF natural peanut butter, but then my roommate bought me 5 pounds of it for my birthday (she knows me so well!) and I ate it wayyyy to quickly.
    My favorite peanut butter is currently Whole Food’s brand crunchy salted peanut butter. So good. Trader Joe’s crunchy salted is a close second.
    Lea recently posted..Treadmill Love.

13. karleen says

Hey, I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it before, but have you heard of the “Better N Peanut Butter” brand PB? It’s soooo good. I believe most Targets, and Whole Foods stores carry it now. It has a slightly creamier texture, it’s slightly more expensive, but it’s only 100 cals for 2tbls! And really good!