Busy Start to a Saturday

Holy cow, talk about a busy start to a Saturday! How’s everyone’s weekend starting off?

Mine started off nice and early this morning thanks to a Starbucks date with my bestie, Heather.

Heather and I spent a good two hours catching up over a lovely al fresco breakfast

I went with my usual egg white, spinach, and feta wrap + iced coffee, but I also made a last minute decision to try the petite vanilla bean scone.

IMG_3613IMG_3614

Have any of you guys tried those things? They’re not only delicious (I’m a self proclaimed scone snob, so that should tell you something?) but they’re also the perfect size. I am in love.

After having to part ways with Heather, I headed out to run the rest of my errands this morning, with the first stop at David’s Bridal. I had to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Kathryn’s wedding, which is already next month.

Isn’t the color beautiful? It’s horizon blue, and I opted to go for the one-shoulder style (we’re all wearing one of three different styles) which is, funny enough, the same type of style I’m wearing for Rachel’s wedding.

Speaking of which, Rachel’s wedding is already a week from today (seriously, where does the time go? Wasn’t she just asking us to be her bridesmaids?) and I still hadn’t found any shoes to wear, so that was my mission today. Thankfully, I ended up scoring a killer deal at Macy’s and found these little beauties.

They were originally $69.00, but I ended up only having to spend $27.00 and some change thanks to a couple gift cards and my ability to persuade the sales guy to give me 20% off. Winking smile

As soon as I got home, I had some work to do in the kitchen.

Later today, Jay and I have our team softball party to go to at my parents house (always a good time!) and my mom asked if I could make some cookies to bring. Jay requested my Chocolate Butterscotch Cheesecake Cookies, so that’s what I did.

While those were in the oven, I realized I had some overripe bananas sitting on the counter, so since all of my baking stuff was already out, I decided to whip up a quick batch of my Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Of course, I ate one immediately after taking it out of the oven.

Now that I have all of that out of the way, I have a few client training plans to work on then it’s time to shower up and head on over to the par-tay!

Happy Saturday everyone! Smile

Comments

Warm cookies are the BEST but I cannot trust myself around them right now. I am trying to make better choices are cookies, well…..they are a trigger food!

Have an awesome time at the softball party at your mom’s house. And I have to know….how did that end up being the location?

CUTE dress! I love when brides give you options.. instead of forcing everyone to wear the same dress that may not flatter the gal. ;)
    Those cookies look amazing..(I haven’t had sugar in two weeks…) Get in mah belly! :)
    Candice recently posted..Strawberry-Lemonade Smoothie

I LOVE those petite vanilla scones, so do my boys (all three of them!). They are the perfect size and they are the perfect snack size for my boys too.

I have to tell you I LOVE your blog, I just started following recently and am addicted. Those cookies look and sound delicious. I have a ton of overripe bananas right now and am thinking I may have some baking in my future tonight! Have a great Saturday!
    Carolyn recently posted..Pictures from the week.

Those oatmeal cookies look so big and puffy! Yum. I love blue with silver together, those shoes will look great with the dress. Is the dress BCBG? If so, I have the same one!

5. Barbara says

Too funny I was just checking Facebook while waiting for my banana oatmeal cc cookies to bake, I will also eat one right away. I guess bananas ripeing quickly is one of tghe benefits of this hot weather in the norteast.

That is hands down my FAVORITE thing to buy on the go! It’s so good and tastes even better with a huge iced coffee. Can’t stop won’t stopppp.

7. Christie says

Wore that EXACT SAME DRESS (same color/style) for my brothers wedding! We had 3 different styles as well and that was my pick. Great minds think alike. I loved it. Great choice;)

8. Brittany says

I made your ginger chicken sweet potato bake for dinner the other night… And then, we used the leftovers for grilled pizza along with a drizzle of olive oil, some spinach and herbed goat Chinese. Omg – so delicious!!!!!!

Trackbacks