Time To See What All This Hoopla Is About

by Courtney on July 8, 2012

Talk about the day getting away from me…my goodness!

My plan for today was to spend a couple hours this morning working on a few client training plans and then have the rest of the day to hopefully head up to Saratoga. Well, between work stuff and house stuff, it wasn’t until about 3pm when I realized that today was pretty much just going to be a wash.

It’s alright though…it can’t always be all fun and games, right? And I did get a lot accomplished too, so I’m happy about that.

Mid-afternoon, I decided I needed to get up and take a break from the computer so I laced up my sneakers for a little workout:

Once I finished up with that, I figured I should head out to the garden to see how things were looking. Well…they were lookin’ mighty good!

IMG_6031Please excuse the always-hot post-workout look.

Check out that zucchini and squash…they’re monsters I tell ya! And we even had our first pepper to boot.

At this point, I hadn’t really thought about what to have for dinner, but once I realized the abundance of zucchini I had on hand, I made sure to put a good portion of it to use.

I came across a recipe for a zucchini casserole that sounded delicious. I was able to adapt it a bit to use what I had on hand, and I was thrilled with the end result.

This thing was incredible, and I promise I’ll share the recipe with you guys tomorrow when I’m not feeling so fried from the computer…

Along with our zucchini casserole we had some marinated chicken that Jay cooked up on the grill.

I most definitely went back for seconds of the casserole too.

And I’ll be honest with ya…if it wasn’t for the Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I have sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for me for dessert, I’d absolutely have gone back for thirds. But hey, at least I have a killer lunch waiting for me tomorrow.

For now, I’m stepping away from the computer and heading off to go start up some new reading material…

It’s about time to see what all this hoopla is all about. Winking smile

1 Sana July 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Let us know what you think! So many mixed reviews on 50 shades!
Sana recently posted..Staying Cool In the Heat

2 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 9, 2012 at 8:58 am

I’m also dying to hear what you think about 50 Shades. I content myself with reading the reviews on Amazon, which are often passionate and *hilarious.*
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Nutrition Bars

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 8, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I’ve made a similar summer squash casserole and love it! I finally caved in to the hype too but I didn’t think the book was that great – a bit overrated!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Asian Turkey Burgers

4 Kellie lifeworthsharing July 8, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I found the first one…okay, but I’m reading the 2nd of the trilogy now. It’s good! I’ll be curious to “hear” your thoughts.
Kellie lifeworthsharing recently posted..Digital Resources

5 Kate July 8, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Ahhhh yes… this book is quite wonderful. I won’t lie I did have to take like a week off from reading it. So much intensity!
Kate recently posted..food coma.

6 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes July 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Welcome to the fastest you’ve ever read three books.

7 colleen laquay urbaniuk July 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm

i’ve heard the hoopla and heard the comments, both good and bad. sometimes when there’s that much “talk” before i get around to a book or a movie, i find that i don’t like it. i don’t know why, but it just usually is like that for me. can’t wait to hear your thoughts!!!
colleen laquay urbaniuk recently posted..my life thoughts

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Can’t wait for the casserole recipe!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Spaghetti Casserole

9 Meredith @ DareYouTo July 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

That zucchini casserole looks deliiiish! Can’t wait for the recipe
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Do we need Dairy?

10 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian July 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I love the books, not for really the literature part but the love story. I will say, I did not read Twilight (which it is based off of), but I do love it!

They are easy reads, which is nice. However I felt as though I did not want to put them away (EVER)!
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Vacation Week 1

11 Kate@ The Motivated Wannabe July 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

OH you should definitely read the Twilight books though!
Kate@ The Motivated Wannabe recently posted..food coma.

12 Linda July 8, 2012 at 8:26 pm

You need to get Bob’s chicken recipe. You know he has his own blog about being a Fussy Easter and he has discovered amazing tasty dishes that he is shocked he likes. I need that zucchini recipe! It looks scrumptious!
Linda recently posted..Shake up your routine!

13 Haley July 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I can’t wait for the recipe! Zuchinni is flooding my veggie bowl!!! Haha! (:

14 pat July 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I can’t seem to put the second one down! If it weren’t for the evil eye from my significant other, I would be reading constantly!

15 Courtney July 9, 2012 at 9:09 am

Bahahaha ;)

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 8, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I should have zucchini running out my ears sometime this summer so I’ll be awaiting the recipe. Good call on taking a walk from the computer- enjoy your evening!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise + Pregnancy = Confusion

17 debbie July 8, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I want your zucchini recipe, looks so yummy.
I’m almost finished with book 3. they’re so much fun. Not best writing by any means, but quick reading & very different & fun & I must say, my husband wishes there were many more books in the series. Enjoy!

18 Tori July 8, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I have to say that although many people have said bad things about the books, I probably read all 3 of them in a week. No lie. I could not put them down.

I’m not even really sure why I liked them so much, but I did. I actually read them all over again for the second time about a month later.
Hope you like it! :)

p.s. your “after workout” picture looks better than my “after getting ready” pictures. If I looked that good after working out I wouldn’t bother getting ready :)

19 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 8, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I think I’m the only person on the planet who was *not* impressed with 50 Shades. I read the first one and then stopped – I couldn’t read the other two. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Friday Fitness: My Fitness Pal

20 Mailoha July 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Can’t wait for the recipe! Looks YUMMY!

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 8, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Can’t wait to see the recipe!! That sounds delicious!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Friday Fun.

22 Lauren July 8, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Working my way through this novel too. :) Sounds like a productive Sunday and the zucchini casserole looks fabulous!
Lauren recently posted..Philly’s More Fun When You Sleepover

23 Melissa July 8, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Those books are ridiculous in the best possible way. Total garbage, but SO entertaining. Like the Kardashians of reading. I unapologetically loved them. :)
Melissa recently posted..Things I’m Looking Forward To

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of zucchini, but I feel like putting it in casserole form might just change my mind. I’ll definitely keep my eyes out for the recipe.

And 50 Shades of Grey – you’ll lose brain cells. But you’ll enjoy the process. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Let’s All Go to the Market

25 Sarah July 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Just finished reading the 1st book a few days ago… I actually didn’t like it very much, there didn’t seem to be much “story” to it. However, I wanted to know what happens, and decided to pick up the 2nd book and I am about halfway through it and it is pretty good. Waaaaaay more story to it!

26 Ali July 8, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I love the zucchini casserole … Looks delicious and YUUUUMMMYYYYY. Can’t wait for the recipe too…. I’m craving now for this one…. :((((((
Ali recently posted..Cheap Automobile Insurance

27 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 8, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I need to grow my own produce, especially after seeing how gorgeous and fat they come out~haha! I hear how disturbing that book is. Yikes.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Back on Track Workout Routine

28 Allison July 8, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Ah, I’m about to start the series, too! I’m sick of hearing people talk about it and having no idea what’s going on.
Allison recently posted..Cupcakes and Lucy!

29 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 9, 2012 at 12:16 am

melissa said it perfectly above… i loved them in a guilty pleasure kind of way. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday Night = Pizza Night

30 Khushboo Thadani July 9, 2012 at 1:22 am

Looking forward to hearing how you like 50 Shades..I need a book to get into and I think I might have to also see what the “hoopla” is about :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Picture PeAr-fect

31 Michelle@Peachy Palate July 9, 2012 at 1:35 am

Zucchini Casserole looks yum! You had a productive day even if it got away from you! Happy Monday!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Take Two!

32 Lili July 9, 2012 at 2:31 am

Love those books.. 2.3 are better.. Great ending. Hope u read them

33 erica July 9, 2012 at 5:02 am

i just finished that series last night!!!
i was skeptical at first but it pulled me in and i was hooked. the second and third books are much better than the first. (more actual storyline)

christian grey.
sigh.
erica recently posted..Weekend in pics…

34 Miz July 9, 2012 at 5:40 am

and?? SHOULD I BUY IT? :-)

35 Geraldine @Go Ger Go! July 9, 2012 at 6:15 am

It seems like it was only a couple of weeks since you planted your garden! They’re huge! Must feel so rewarding growing your own stuff :-)
Geraldine @Go Ger Go! recently posted..Five Things Friday – a day late

36 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 9, 2012 at 7:51 am

Zucchini casserole is great! I haven’t made it in awhile, but I think I need to!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Friends-and-Family-Filled Sunday

37 Karen July 9, 2012 at 8:08 am

The casserole looks so good and can’t wait for the recipe. I just started reading 50 shades of grey and it’s pretty intense, can’t wait to hear how you feel about it.

38 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 9, 2012 at 8:20 am

That casserole looks amazing! I’ve been getting so many squash lately from my friend who grows them. I have been looking for recipes to use them in. Cannot wait for the recipe! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Heatwave Filled Weekend!…

39 Linz @ Itz Linz July 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

AH! I finished book #1 in 36 hours, I’m not even kidding you. I could NOT put it down and am currently on book #2!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..The Marvelous PB Crave Giveaway

40 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 9, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am a 50 Shades fan!! I loved the books and could not put the trilogy down until I was done. It took me all of 1.5 weeks, lol! I did have to just skim through some of it after a while because it got to be a bit much at times if you know what I mean ;-)

Do you have a treadmill at home or did you head to the gym to get your workout done? I have an elliptical at home and am debating about adding a treadmill to the mix.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Food Trucks

41 Courtney July 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

I have a treadmill at home – we bought it a couple years ago and it was one of the best investments we’ve made. I love not having to go all the way to the gym just to run or walk!

42 Candice July 9, 2012 at 10:27 am

that casserole looks delish, cant wait! i have some zucchinni sitting in my fridge waiting:)
I started 50 shades and I stopped reading it, its def. captivating but not in a “comfortable, I feel like a good person” kind of way so I tossed it.
Candice recently posted..Sunday in Pictures.

43 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. July 9, 2012 at 11:31 am

The casserole looks delicious! :)
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..Christmas in July!

44 Nicole July 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

What sort of steroids are you feeding your zucchini? Goodness! Those bad-boys are huge!

45 Courtney July 9, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Haha, the funny thing is…I use absolutely NOTHING. No special fertilizer, no plant food…nothing. Just the soil that was underneath my grass, which is now still partially filled with weeds.
Perhaps less is more? ;)

46 Bek @ Crave July 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I really want to start reading that book too- it’s all I hear about! The bf is quite keen on me starting it also haha ;)