Two Nights In A Row, Baby!

by Courtney on July 9, 2012

After going almost the entire week last week without cooking dinner, I’d say I’m already ahead of the game this week…home cooked dinner two nights in a row, baby!

It makes such a difference when softball games don’t consume our evenings. Last week was a tough one schedule-wise – 5 games in 4 days between the two of us – so that made it pretty difficult to plan much more than a sandwich for dinner…even though they’re still pretty tasty too.

Tonight’s dinner definitely topped a sandwich though.

We cooked up some extra chicken last night, so we both finished up the rest of it this evening. Jay had requested some sort of cheesy, melty, grilled chicken wrap so I prepared a wrap for him while I put together a non-wrap version of my own (for no reason other than I just wasn’t feelin’ a wrap tonight).

My melted mound of chicken there was inspired by one of my favorite sandwiches at Lanie’s Café, the Chicken Florentine. I heated up the chicken (I promise, it’s under there!) and topped it with some fresh spinach, sautéed onions, homemade Russian dressing, and a slice of provolone cheese.

It was so decadently delicious and, honestly, not all that bad on the nutrition front either…despite the fact that that beautiful slice of provolone cheese is saying otherwise. Winking smile

Along with my Chicken Florentine, I also made another new attempt tonight at using up some more zucchini…

Check it out…Zucchini Latkes!

I had no idea what to expect with these but ohmygodtheyareawesome.

Hubby liked ‘em too, so they got a solid four thumbs up in this household. Recipe headed your way tomorrow…

But for now, I’m about to go squeeze in a little reading of the book before The Bachelorette starts.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday!

Question for the Evening:

Anyone else watching The Bachelorette tonight? What do ya think? Who is she gonna go for??

1 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp July 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I love making zucchini pancakes! They are over-the-top decadent with a little bit of hollandaise sauce. Oh my. Worth the splurge.
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..WIAW: Disney Edition

2 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 10, 2012 at 9:28 am

Hollandaise is a great suggestion! We always did ketchup on them.
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Running & Tricks

3 Emily July 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Wow looks amazing!

Yes definitely watching Bachelorette tonight! If it were me, I’d pick Shawn. I think she’ll go for Jeff though. She needs a little bit more of an edge, and I’d say Ari except I don’t think she’d do too well with him being gone so much because of his career.

4 briana July 9, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Those zuchinni pancakes look awesome! I must try them.

5 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Looks like an awesome dinner! Can’t wait for the recipe tomorrow!!! I’m in on Bachelorette night too! I would pick Sean personally but I think her and Jef are the best fit!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday

6 melanie July 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I just started reading Fifty Shades too…I usually don’t go for books like this so I’m not sure what to expect! As for The Bachelorette, I really like Sean but I have a feeling that Emily has fallen for Arie…we shall see!

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 9, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Love all of these new zuchinni recipes! I’m DEFINITELY having a garden next year!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: resource Natural Spring Water (+Giveaway!)

8 Ali July 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm

That looks like a ROCKIN’ dinner!!

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Holy heavens— I completely forgot that it was Monday! Yipes!!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise + Pregnancy = Confusion

10 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health July 9, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Oh wow, those zucchini latkes looks AMAZING!!! Isn’t it so nice to have a home cooked meal after several meals out? I’ve had home cooked meals the past two nights and they were delicious :D. Enjoy your evening pretty lady <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Birthday Celebrations

11 Laura July 9, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Love the Bachelorette! I really, really like Sean but he just seems too good to be true!!

Keep up with 50 shades…it starts kinda slow. Interesting read to say the least!

12 Ellen July 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Those zucchini latkes look great! We make similar-looking “zucchini cakes” with egg and serve them with a spicy, fresh diavolo sauce for a delicious light dinner! It’s a really cool idea to use them as a side dish, too!

13 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway July 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I think its about time you write a cookbook!
Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..June Foodie Penpals: What I Sent! {Guest Post}

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 9, 2012 at 8:14 pm

OO I love zucchini latkes! They’re so good! I’m watching the Bachelorette/blog reading during commercials. I think that she’s ultimately going to choose Arie, but I really want her to choose Sean.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just popping in

15 JJ July 9, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Don’t know about Emily, but I am team Arie all the way! Jeff is awesome too, but I would go for Arie. Something about Sean seems off to me. Anybody else?

16 Melissa July 9, 2012 at 9:20 pm

So hard to tell who she’ll choose! She really seems to like all of them. I usually have a clear favorite, but with this one, I can’t tell at all! All of them seem pretty great, but I’m going to go ahead and be shallow and say that I just hate Jef’s hair. :/ But I’m sure he’s a really nice person!!!
Melissa recently posted..Puppy Mother: Party All the Time

17 Nicole July 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Haha, I hate his hair too!

18 Katy July 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm

You are too creative! I wish I was an out of the box thinker too.
Katy recently posted..New Hampshire Recap & A Detox Diet

19 Shannon July 9, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Yes, I did watch The Bachelorette tonight. I thought that Arie was leaving tonight; I was surprised by the outcome of the rose ceremony as I thought Sean and Jef were going to be in the final two. I read spoilers and know who is engaged to Emily now- but I thought Emily’s fiance was going to be either Sean or Jef. We’ll have to wait until the 22nd to find out! :)

20 Lisa July 10, 2012 at 12:05 am

Zucchini latkes are so tasty! Your on quite the zucchini quick. I cheated and peaked at reality steve, so I know who she will pick so I will zip my mouth for the next couple weeks!
Lisa recently posted..Snacking Success

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 10, 2012 at 12:20 am

That chicken looks so yummy!

I’ve never been able to get on the Bachelor/Bachelorette bandwagons…just doesn’t appeal to me! Plus with all the recaps I see on blogs I feel like I get the jist of it without ever having to watch an episode :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Adventures in Suburbia + Phase 1 Review

22 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 10, 2012 at 12:36 am

I have to wait to watch The Bachelorette until tomorrow when it will be on Hulu. In the meantime, I have to hope no one spoils anything for me. Thanks for the reminder to be social media careful. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..11 Ways to Learn to Love Your Body

23 Khushboo Thadani July 10, 2012 at 12:51 am

Have u tried zucchini spaghetti? Thta could be your next attempt :)!

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 10, 2012 at 6:39 am

I didn’t get to finish watching The Bachelorette, so I’m going to finish this morning (saved it on DVR). But I already know who wins, so I can’t say too much! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bringing Chipotle into my home kitchen.

25 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 10, 2012 at 7:09 am

Dinner looks delicious! Those zucchini latkes look amazing. I love potato latkes but I’ve never made them with zucchini. I can’t wait to see the recipe :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Don’t Cry Over Spilled Panko!…

26 mandee July 10, 2012 at 8:43 am

ok that dinner looks great! you’re making me want to learn how to cook ;)
mandee recently posted..Fourth of July Americana Cupcakes

27 A July 10, 2012 at 11:11 am

Oooh, can you post the recipe to the latkes sometime? They look so delicious.

28 Laura July 10, 2012 at 11:56 am

Thank you SOOOO much for posting zucchini ideas! I have a ton of zucchini and there are only so many times you can eat them roasted. I really hate to cook and have no idea where to look for recipes so it is a pain in the butt trying to come up with something to do with these things.
Laura recently posted..Early morning and Quick legs

29 Nicole July 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Somehow I get dragged into every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, despite refusing to watch it right before it comes out every year. Haha, not sure what it is about it, but I am a sucker! I was so sad to see Sean go home, I thought for sure she’d send home Jeff… sigh…

30 Molly Ritterbeck July 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I am so loving all this zucchini! I must say I boycotted the bachelorette – she was engaged to ricky hendrick and he died in an awful plane crash and I just think this was not the place for her to move on….personal opinion and there you have it….but anyways – have fun!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..WANTED: Cute, Sleek, Warm Workout Gear for Alaska!