Two Nights In A Row, Baby!

After going almost the entire week last week without cooking dinner, I’d say I’m already ahead of the game this week…home cooked dinner two nights in a row, baby!

It makes such a difference when softball games don’t consume our evenings. Last week was a tough one schedule-wise – 5 games in 4 days between the two of us – so that made it pretty difficult to plan much more than a sandwich for dinner…even though they’re still pretty tasty too.

Tonight’s dinner definitely topped a sandwich though.

We cooked up some extra chicken last night, so we both finished up the rest of it this evening. Jay had requested some sort of cheesy, melty, grilled chicken wrap so I prepared a wrap for him while I put together a non-wrap version of my own (for no reason other than I just wasn’t feelin’ a wrap tonight).

My melted mound of chicken there was inspired by one of my favorite sandwiches at Lanie’s Café, the Chicken Florentine. I heated up the chicken (I promise, it’s under there!) and topped it with some fresh spinach, sautéed onions, homemade Russian dressing, and a slice of provolone cheese.

It was so decadently delicious and, honestly, not all that bad on the nutrition front either…despite the fact that that beautiful slice of provolone cheese is saying otherwise. Winking smile

Along with my Chicken Florentine, I also made another new attempt tonight at using up some more zucchini…

Check it out…Zucchini Latkes!

I had no idea what to expect with these but ohmygodtheyareawesome.

Hubby liked ‘em too, so they got a solid four thumbs up in this household. Recipe headed your way tomorrow…

But for now, I’m about to go squeeze in a little reading of the book before The Bachelorette starts.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday!

Question for the Evening:

Anyone else watching The Bachelorette tonight? What do ya think? Who is she gonna go for??

Comments

1. Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp says

I love making zucchini pancakes! They are over-the-top decadent with a little bit of hollandaise sauce. Oh my. Worth the splurge.
    Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..WIAW: Disney Edition

2. Emily says

Wow looks amazing!

Yes definitely watching Bachelorette tonight! If it were me, I’d pick Shawn. I think she’ll go for Jeff though. She needs a little bit more of an edge, and I’d say Ari except I don’t think she’d do too well with him being gone so much because of his career.

3. melanie says

I just started reading Fifty Shades too…I usually don’t go for books like this so I’m not sure what to expect! As for The Bachelorette, I really like Sean but I have a feeling that Emily has fallen for Arie…we shall see!

4. Laura says

Love the Bachelorette! I really, really like Sean but he just seems too good to be true!!

Keep up with 50 shades…it starts kinda slow. Interesting read to say the least!

5. Ellen says

Those zucchini latkes look great! We make similar-looking “zucchini cakes” with egg and serve them with a spicy, fresh diavolo sauce for a delicious light dinner! It’s a really cool idea to use them as a side dish, too!

6. JJ says

Don’t know about Emily, but I am team Arie all the way! Jeff is awesome too, but I would go for Arie. Something about Sean seems off to me. Anybody else?

So hard to tell who she’ll choose! She really seems to like all of them. I usually have a clear favorite, but with this one, I can’t tell at all! All of them seem pretty great, but I’m going to go ahead and be shallow and say that I just hate Jef’s hair. :/ But I’m sure he’s a really nice person!!!
    Melissa recently posted..Puppy Mother: Party All the Time

Yes, I did watch The Bachelorette tonight. I thought that Arie was leaving tonight; I was surprised by the outcome of the rose ceremony as I thought Sean and Jef were going to be in the final two. I read spoilers and know who is engaged to Emily now- but I thought Emily’s fiance was going to be either Sean or Jef. We’ll have to wait until the 22nd to find out! :)

Zucchini latkes are so tasty! Your on quite the zucchini quick. I cheated and peaked at reality steve, so I know who she will pick so I will zip my mouth for the next couple weeks!
    Lisa recently posted..Snacking Success

Thank you SOOOO much for posting zucchini ideas! I have a ton of zucchini and there are only so many times you can eat them roasted. I really hate to cook and have no idea where to look for recipes so it is a pain in the butt trying to come up with something to do with these things.
    Laura recently posted..Early morning and Quick legs

11. Nicole says

Somehow I get dragged into every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, despite refusing to watch it right before it comes out every year. Haha, not sure what it is about it, but I am a sucker! I was so sad to see Sean go home, I thought for sure she’d send home Jeff… sigh…