Another Way To Use Up My Zucchini

I don’t know what it is about this zucchini, but I just can’t leave it alone…

By 7:30 this morning, I had my oven on, my food processor blaring, and my muffin tins ready. As Jay came walking out into the kitchen, I watched him analyze the scene before asking, “sooo, are we going to be eating zucchini every day for the rest of the summer now?”

Why yes, dear. Yes we are.

Okay, I’m just kidding. I’d get sick of it way too quick…BUT, it doesn’t mean that we can’t eat zucchini every day this week.

I had some ripe bananas that needed to be taken care of, so I combined the two to make some Banana Zucchini muffins. I found this recipe online yesterday and I liked how simple the ingredients were (plus no sugar) so I decided to give it a shot.

While the muffins cooked, I cleaned up my mess, sipped on some coffee, and put together the rest of my breakfast, which featured a strawberry banana Chobani with strawberries and blueberries.

I seriously LOVE the 2% strawberry banana. So creamy and delicious.

After the longest 25 minutes ever (ok not really, but you all know how hard it is to wait for something cooking in the oven), I finally had the rest of my breakfast ready to go.

I ended up putting mini chocolate chips in half of the batter, so I had two muffins – one with chips and one without – topped with peanut butter.

Gosh, I just love warm baked goods right out of the oven, don’t you?

As for the muffins themselves, they’re pretty good. If you like your muffins on the less sweet side, then I think you’ll definitely like these since the only real sweetness you get is from the bananas (or chocolate chips!).

I’m not sure if Jay will be eating these (aka, they’re “too healthy” tasting) so I may have to go ahead and freeze some so they don’t go to waste.

I better be careful before I go ahead and turn into one giant zucchini! Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Does anyone else have any other favorite zucchini recipes? Feel free to link ‘em up – I’m on a kick!

I am jealous! I am waiting for my garden zucchini so I can make all the recipes I have started collecting. Love making zucchni noodles and chocolate zucchini muffins.
    Lindsey recently posted..No Complaints

2. Leah says

I make a Noodleless Zucchini Lasagna loosely based from the recipe on Instead of using their marinara sauce I just used my own (either made from scratch or the Prego Heart Smart. Its a really good alternative to a regular lasagna!

i like to make these zucchini banana muffins, zucchini oatmeal pancakes, and zucchini bread oatmeal obviously i have had to get creative with my abundance of zucchini in the past too. :)
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Two’s Walk/Jog Workout [Giveaway!] #ToyotaRav4Adventure

4. briana says

My mom and I make a zuchinni skillet that is delicious. You put evoo in a cast iron skillet and fry up sweet potato or regular followed by two zuchinnis, onion, and garlic and cook till brown. Then u add corn and green chilies and if you want more protein black beans. Cook some more then top with pepper jack cheese and cook till cheese melts. You serve it with tortillas and top with salsa. Sounds weird, but everyone Iv’e ever made it for raves about it!

Yum! These look so good!! I have lots of yellow zuchinni from the garden. Can you make yellow zuchinni muffins? I never hear of it!

I love zucchini! And all of your zucchini harvesting is making me really mad that we didn’t plant our garden this year like we had planned. Though I don’t have it growing in my yard, I buy & prepare it often. I’m even throwing together a zucchini lunch today. Will share if it turns out!
    Trisha recently posted..Our Wedding Day 7.9.11

MMMM those look awesome, I love zucchini bread so muffins would be great too! Thinking about trying some zucchini brownies today for a sweet treat!
    amy recently posted..Comparing

8. Kim Lee says

I’m going to have to give those muffins a try. The recipe looks super healthy! Google Jamie Eason recipes and try out her turkey burgers- I use 2lbs of ground turkey or chicken to 1 large zucchini. They are really good just cooked right in the oven. The recipe makes a lot, though. So you may want to half it or wait till you are having company to make. There great with guacamole spread on them!

9. Kristen says

I sometimes layer some shredded zucchini into my baked eggplant parm! Beware slices should be cooked first…the moisture from the shredding helps the zucchini bake into the layers just fine without coking the shreds first.

I made your Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread last night (minus the chocolate chips, plus walnuts)!! It came out so good!

Zucchini is the best in the summer and I’m impressed with all of the uses you’ve found for it!
    Annie recently posted..Food Rut

I am a bit fearful to add healthy ingredients like zucchinis to my baked goods- because the rest of the household may not eat them and it’ll be all up to me!

I LOVE chobani 2%! Pineapple is my favorite! I am also obsessed with zucchini muffins and I am very sad I dont have any in the house to make RIGHT NOW! Its 730 am and I would totally be down for some baking right now too! Ill have to pick some up and get to it!!