Lots to Catch Up On

Oh man, lots to catch up on this morning! Shortly after Jay got home from work yesterday, we headed out to run a couple errands, so up until this morning, I hadn’t touched my computer since about 4:00pm yesterday…and it was kinda nice!

So backtracking a bit…remember yesterday when I asked this:

So would I be crazy for my lunch today to be made up entirely of leftover zucchini casserole, zucchini latkes, and zucchini muffins?

I went for it. I’m telling you, I’m going to turn into a zucchini you guys.

I reheated the casserole in the microwave while I reheated the latkes on the stove to get them nice and crispy again. I am happy to say that everything was just as good the second time around.

A couple hours later, I took a reading + snack break. I’ve made it past page 100…and one of the first things that popped into my head was, “oh my god, and I’m borrowing this book from my mom.” Winking smile

But anyway. Let’s talk about this snack. Look what I FINALLY have in my possession…Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter! Shortly after I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I received a lovely little letter in the mail from Ashley, which contained two packets of the good stuff.

If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know I was quite excited about my new goodies, so I had to dive in right away. I paired a packet with a golden delicious apple and, honestly, it was everything I’d hoped it’d be.

I squeezed every last drop of almond butter out of that packet.

Since Jay and I were already going out (we’re in the process of finding me a new desk) we figured we’d use up one of our last Christmas gift cards at Outback Steakhouse.

While we were there, we got to talking about how the last time we were there was actually during our “Dark Ages,” which is probably about 5 or 6 years ago? We had just slowly begun talking again, and some friends of ours at the time had invited us both out for a group dinner. I remember feeling so incredibly nervous, yet excited to actually be sitting at arms length from him once again. I’m pretty sure it was only a couple of weeks after that when he asked me to be his girlfriend, thus beginning “Courtney & Jay, 2.0.” Smile Funny enough, the table we were sat at last night was actually right next to that table we sat at 5 or 6 years ago.

We were immediately served some warm, crusty bread, which was great because Jay and I were starving. I had this, x3.

For dinner, I decided to go with their 6oz. sirloin with some sautéed mixed vegetables and a baked sweet potato.

The sweet potato came topped with honey butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar…ummmm, it was freakin’ awesome.

We weren’t quite sure what to expect, but we were both pleasantly surprised with our meals. Saweeeet!

This morning, after completing a challenging, 40-minute yoga session, I went ahead and made some breakfast.

I spy more zucchiniiiiiiii…

I ended up nibbling on a muffin while waiting for the rest of breakfast to cook, hence the reason there’s only one and a half muffins present. Topped with some PB, they were yummy.

To accompany my muffins, I scrambled up 1 egg + 2 egg whites, mixed with some dried basil, milk, and feta cheese, which made things nice and fluffy.

I’ve always sort of mixed it up with my eggs – sometimes I use all egg whites, sometimes egg substitute, and sometimes real eggs – but lately, I’m loving a combo of the full egg + egg whites. So much good flavor!

I’ve got lots on the agenda this afternoon, including a clothes drop-off, a stop at Old Navy for the 40% off sale, and an appointment with the dermatologist. Would you believe I’ve never, ever seen a dermatologist up until today? (Alyssa, don’t yell at me…).

Wow, that was a lot of talking…I’ve gotta stop. Have a great day, everyone! Smile

1. pat says

I must admit, there were some parts of book 1 that I could have done without! However, book 2, only took 2 days to read. I liked #2 better! Now on to #3!

Has anyone every told you, you have quite the talent for distributing ketchup & condiments on your food? It always looks so symetrical & pretty. I usually just slap some on. I’ll make sure to be more attentive next time I squirt some ketchup :).

(I’ve never been to a dermatologist either. I though they got referrals from doctors…)
    Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookies

3. Whitney says

Going to the dermatologist to get a body scan is a MUST. So very important for prevention purposes. Hope everything turns out okay.

I used to opt for just the egg whites, but after learning at school that yolk is where all the nutrients and half the protein are, I couldn’t incorporate it fast enough!
    I should go see a dermatologist too…I don’t want to face the reality :(.

I am dying to try Justin’s! I’ve heard so many great things about it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating a ton of zucchini :) I think I like the whole egg + egg white combo the best. IT gives it just enough flavor!
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Back At It

I’ve been scouring our grocery stores for Justin’s, but no luck yet. :( I JUST found Peanut Butter & Co a couple weeks ago, after MONTHS of searching. Darn living in a small town in the middle of nowhere!

I’m loving all of your zucchini recipes! I’m looking forward to hitting up our farmer’s market this week so I can stock up and try them out!
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..It’s About The Quality of My Miles, Not The Quantity

7. Amanda says

I have never been to a dermatologist either and it’s literally on my list of things to do. Would you mind providing a little information as to how it goes??

• raquel says

funny, you are the only other person i have heard say that! i started it 2 months ago as well and am maybe half way through.

I have been searching for a sample packet of the vanilla almond butter at the stores here with no luck. I may end up giving in and buying the jar.

I’ve only been to the dermatologist a handful of times and that was for my son, never for myself. I need to go, I know I do but for some reason I just haven’t been.
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..July 4th Fun

9. Jen says

I’m glad you and Jay got through your “dark ages” and have become what you two are today. You guys are so perfect together and you can tell how much love you have for each other. :)

As for 50 Shades…I read all three within a week or so. (I’m a fast reader..)…and the 2nd and 3rd actually have a plot! Haha. You just kind of get used to skipping over the smut after awhile because it gets reeeeaallly repetitive. It is a good series but it’s not worth all the hype it’s getting, IMO. Hope it picks up a bit for ya!

I love that you put ketchup on your eggs! I adore ketchup and my boyfriend’s dad hates it so it’s really funny when we go out to eat together. I’ll put ketchup on practically everything and he gets this funny scowl on his face like he is so grossed out.

That is too funny you borrowed 50 shades from your mom. I read it for a book club and accidentally ended up telling my mom I was reading it and was totally mortified she knew!
    Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Our Struggles Make Us Stronger + The Sunshine Award

OMG! I just posted about those little Justin’s packets yesterday! But we didn’t have vanilla to taste test….I may need to seek those out. Zucchini wise today I am making chocolate zucchini bread :)
    Laura recently posted..Zucchini and a Bee

12. Marie says

I’m thinking ignorance is bliss on Justin’s nut butters. I still can’t believe your zucchini grew so well; they don’t look like that in the store. Haha, I had to edit my sentence to not include any TWSS jokes. Glad you’re going to the dermatologist; hope it goes well!

Haha, I love all your zucchini recipes. Might as well put them to good use in your stomach;)
    I can’t wait to get my hands on those nut butters, I am determined to find them sometime this summer. I’ve never been to the dermatologist for a skin check, but should really do that sometime soon, considering I have quite fair skin.
    Lisa recently posted..WIAW #16

14. Kelly says

I have to say I recognized you at Old Navy today! I was working in the fitting room when you came to try stuff on and I figured it was awkward to be like “hey I love your blog” haha Hope you got a lot of good stuff!

• Courtney says

Oh my gosh, NO WAY!! Were you the brunette that was in there the whole time? You totally should have said hi – not awkward at all!! :)
      Oh, and I DEFINITELY got a lot of good stuff!

15. Karleen curran says

Omg I’m totally feeling this entire blogpost today!
    1. My mom lent me her 50 shades of grey book as well! This also came with te comment, ‘I can’t believe I’m letting my daughter read this!’
    2. I love your reference to the ‘dark ages’ with Jay. I am currently single and feeling as if I’m in my own dark age now but look forward to a time where I can at least be cordial with someone I was in a relationship with a couple months ago
    3. I didn’t participate in your last months yoga challenge but I sooooo need yoga today! You’ve inspired to get some yoga-ness in my life today!
    Hope you’re having a good day:)

16. Cheri C says

Your comment about borrowing the book from your mom made me laugh. I’m in a book club with one of my sisters, my mom and an aunt and the host for this month picked this book. When I got reading it all I could think about was how am I going to discuss this with my mom and aunt?!? We’ll see how that goes a week from Sunday…

I’ve just started the book this morning also! Page 80 for me, how good is it? I was instantly sucked in. Also, I am very jealous of the delicious nut butter you have :( I wish Aus had more like America!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..How hard do you go?