Lots to Catch Up On

by Courtney on July 11, 2012

Oh man, lots to catch up on this morning! Shortly after Jay got home from work yesterday, we headed out to run a couple errands, so up until this morning, I hadn’t touched my computer since about 4:00pm yesterday…and it was kinda nice!

So backtracking a bit…remember yesterday when I asked this:

So would I be crazy for my lunch today to be made up entirely of leftover zucchini casserole, zucchini latkes, and zucchini muffins?

Well…

I went for it. I’m telling you, I’m going to turn into a zucchini you guys.

I reheated the casserole in the microwave while I reheated the latkes on the stove to get them nice and crispy again. I am happy to say that everything was just as good the second time around.

A couple hours later, I took a reading + snack break. I’ve made it past page 100…and one of the first things that popped into my head was, “oh my god, and I’m borrowing this book from my mom.” Winking smile

But anyway. Let’s talk about this snack. Look what I FINALLY have in my possession…Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter! Shortly after I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I received a lovely little letter in the mail from Ashley, which contained two packets of the good stuff.

If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know I was quite excited about my new goodies, so I had to dive in right away. I paired a packet with a golden delicious apple and, honestly, it was everything I’d hoped it’d be.

I squeezed every last drop of almond butter out of that packet.

*****

Dinner

Since Jay and I were already going out (we’re in the process of finding me a new desk) we figured we’d use up one of our last Christmas gift cards at Outback Steakhouse.

While we were there, we got to talking about how the last time we were there was actually during our “Dark Ages,” which is probably about 5 or 6 years ago? We had just slowly begun talking again, and some friends of ours at the time had invited us both out for a group dinner. I remember feeling so incredibly nervous, yet excited to actually be sitting at arms length from him once again. I’m pretty sure it was only a couple of weeks after that when he asked me to be his girlfriend, thus beginning “Courtney & Jay, 2.0.” Smile Funny enough, the table we were sat at last night was actually right next to that table we sat at 5 or 6 years ago.

We were immediately served some warm, crusty bread, which was great because Jay and I were starving. I had this, x3.

IMG_3666IMG_3668

For dinner, I decided to go with their 6oz. sirloin with some sautéed mixed vegetables and a baked sweet potato.

The sweet potato came topped with honey butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar…ummmm, it was freakin’ awesome.

We weren’t quite sure what to expect, but we were both pleasantly surprised with our meals. Saweeeet!

*****

Breakfast

This morning, after completing a challenging, 40-minute yoga session, I went ahead and made some breakfast.

I spy more zucchiniiiiiiii…

I ended up nibbling on a muffin while waiting for the rest of breakfast to cook, hence the reason there’s only one and a half muffins present. Topped with some PB, they were yummy.

To accompany my muffins, I scrambled up 1 egg + 2 egg whites, mixed with some dried basil, milk, and feta cheese, which made things nice and fluffy.

I’ve always sort of mixed it up with my eggs – sometimes I use all egg whites, sometimes egg substitute, and sometimes real eggs – but lately, I’m loving a combo of the full egg + egg whites. So much good flavor!

I’ve got lots on the agenda this afternoon, including a clothes drop-off, a stop at Old Navy for the 40% off sale, and an appointment with the dermatologist. Would you believe I’ve never, ever seen a dermatologist up until today? (Alyssa, don’t yell at me…).

Wow, that was a lot of talking…I’ve gotta stop. Have a great day, everyone! Smile

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 11, 2012 at 9:10 am

I have so many clothes I need to try to consign or donate – they’ve been in the trunk of my car for weeks! Have a great day!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Inspired WIAW

2 kaylie July 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

Outback steak house is amazingg! I’m glad you got a little break from the blog- you need it every once and awhile!
kaylie recently posted..My Relationship With Walking

3 pat July 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

I must admit, there were some parts of book 1 that I could have done without! However, book 2, only took 2 days to read. I liked #2 better! Now on to #3!

4 briana July 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I agree 2 was much better and I’m starting 3 today!

5 Michelle@PeachyPalate July 11, 2012 at 9:16 am

I’ve never seen one either. What made you decide to visit? Loving all of the zucchini eating. We can only get the green kind here, would love some yellow ones to make a nice gratin!
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Putting in the effort

6 Courtney July 11, 2012 at 9:37 am

I have quite a few moles (sounds so lovely, doesn’t it? Haha) so I just want to get them checked out

7 Michelle@Peachy Palate July 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Awh I see..hope it all went ok!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Putting in the effort

8 Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate July 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

I’m digging all the zucchini love! At least its something full of fiber and good for you! Not such a bad obsession if you ask me. ;)

9 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

I love zucchini so I always try to incorporate it into my meals, but I’ve actually never had zucchini bread/muffins. My mom just got a few from a friend’s garden and was planning on baking something with them–too bad I’m not home to enjoy it!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Bug In My Bra

10 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

Has anyone every told you, you have quite the talent for distributing ketchup & condiments on your food? It always looks so symetrical & pretty. I usually just slap some on. I’ll make sure to be more attentive next time I squirt some ketchup :).

(I’ve never been to a dermatologist either. I though they got referrals from doctors…)
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookies

11 Courtney July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

LOL, no I don’t think anyone’s ever given me that compliment. Thank you, I love it! :)

12 Whitney July 11, 2012 at 9:21 am

Going to the dermatologist to get a body scan is a MUST. So very important for prevention purposes. Hope everything turns out okay.

13 Courtney July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Thanks, Whitney!

14 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 11, 2012 at 9:23 am

You can never have enough zucchini this time of year! And you must have had good skin growing up :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday # 13

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

Does your skin have a green tint yet, from all of that zucchini?? Haha! ;) Just teasing. I’m sure it was all delicious!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A poke-cake addiction.

16 Courtney July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Haha, I’m waiting for that! ;)

17 Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Honey butter! Wow. I wonder if you could simply whip honey into butter with a whisk?
Alexandria @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Running & Tricks

18 Courtney July 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

Definitely! I’ve added regular honey to butter before and it’s GREAT!

19 Megan@ The Running Doc July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Whenever I go to Outback Steakhouse I’m always surprised by how good the steaks are. For some reason I always expect the food at big, chain restaurants to not be very good, but I’ve found Outback to be one of the better ones.
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza

20 Min July 11, 2012 at 9:37 am

I used to opt for just the egg whites, but after learning at school that yolk is where all the nutrients and half the protein are, I couldn’t incorporate it fast enough!
I should go see a dermatologist too…I don’t want to face the reality :(.

21 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 11, 2012 at 9:41 am

I am dying to try Justin’s! I’ve heard so many great things about it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating a ton of zucchini :) I think I like the whole egg + egg white combo the best. IT gives it just enough flavor!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Back At It

22 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 11, 2012 at 9:43 am

I’m loving the zucchini recipes. They are great! :) I haven’t been to Outback in a long time. The last time I was there, they served me raw chicken in a salad that I ordered. I’m so thankful that I noticed before I ate it. That could have been a major problem.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Our Wedding Invitations!…

23 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

haha you ARE going to turn into a zucchini one of these days! ;) i think it’s great that you’re getting creative with so many different ways to use it up though. i’m so glad you love the justin’s vanilla AB! isn’t it amazing?! i can’t get enough!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #42: Food + Fitness

24 Danica @ It's Progression July 11, 2012 at 9:52 am

I’ve actually never been to a dermatologist either and know I should…I hope you tell us about your experience! I have no idea what to expect out of a check up there.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #29: Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe!

25 Yellow Haired Girl July 11, 2012 at 9:56 am

I put feta in my egg whites this morning! Great minds :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Fitness WIAW

26 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

I’ve been scouring our grocery stores for Justin’s, but no luck yet. :( I JUST found Peanut Butter & Co a couple weeks ago, after MONTHS of searching. Darn living in a small town in the middle of nowhere!

I’m loving all of your zucchini recipes! I’m looking forward to hitting up our farmer’s market this week so I can stock up and try them out!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..It’s About The Quality of My Miles, Not The Quantity

27 Rachel July 11, 2012 at 10:31 am

Vanilla Almond Butter?! Omg that sounds delicious! I must search for it haha
Rachel recently posted..Pet Names

28 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

That baked sweet potato sounds so amazing!!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pet Peeve Wednesday

29 Jen N. July 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

I love Outback’s sweet potatoes. So, so delicious and decadent! :)

30 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

Good for you for making your dermatology appointment. I go once a year for a full body check because I have tons of moles. So far, so good!!

Your lunch of all zucchini cracked me up! I don’t know that I have quite the love for it that you do!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW # 4 + Fossil Rim Wildlife Park

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 11, 2012 at 11:21 am

That butter at Outback is amazing!

I’m dying to try that vanilla almond butter!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Sunshine Award

32 Amanda July 11, 2012 at 11:22 am

I have never been to a dermatologist either and it’s literally on my list of things to do. Would you mind providing a little information as to how it goes??

33 Khushboo July 11, 2012 at 11:34 am

Have u tried the Justin’s chocolate peanut butter? I have a sachet that I am yet to try! I find one whole egg to 2 whites is the perfect ratio for me- any more whites thrown in the mix and the yolk flavour gets lost.
Khushboo recently posted..Weight watchin’ Wednesday

34 Alysha @Shesontherun July 11, 2012 at 11:47 am

I’ve been reading 50 shades for almost 2 months now and I’m still not done. I’m probably the only person who didn’t finish in a weekend. I just can’t get into the characters.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..The Better Chip Review

35 raquel July 11, 2012 at 12:35 pm

funny, you are the only other person i have heard say that! i started it 2 months ago as well and am maybe half way through.

36 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 11, 2012 at 11:54 am

Those zucchini muffins look amazing with PB on them! I’m jealous of all your zucchini :) I just tried the vanilla almond butter too and am in heaven! I love it! I was also a little too excited when I spotted it in the grocery store!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..WIAW and ….It’s a Food Holiday!

37 Linz @ Itz Linz July 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

40% off sale at old navy?? i’m going!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz WIAW!

38 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 11, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I have been searching for a sample packet of the vanilla almond butter at the stores here with no luck. I may end up giving in and buying the jar.

I’ve only been to the dermatologist a handful of times and that was for my son, never for myself. I need to go, I know I do but for some reason I just haven’t been.
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..July 4th Fun

39 Jen July 11, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I’m glad you and Jay got through your “dark ages” and have become what you two are today. You guys are so perfect together and you can tell how much love you have for each other. :)

As for 50 Shades…I read all three within a week or so. (I’m a fast reader..)…and the 2nd and 3rd actually have a plot! Haha. You just kind of get used to skipping over the smut after awhile because it gets reeeeaallly repetitive. It is a good series but it’s not worth all the hype it’s getting, IMO. Hope it picks up a bit for ya!

40 Carol @ Lucky Zucca July 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I love that you put ketchup on your eggs! I adore ketchup and my boyfriend’s dad hates it so it’s really funny when we go out to eat together. I’ll put ketchup on practically everything and he gets this funny scowl on his face like he is so grossed out.

That is too funny you borrowed 50 shades from your mom. I read it for a book club and accidentally ended up telling my mom I was reading it and was totally mortified she knew!
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Our Struggles Make Us Stronger + The Sunshine Award

41 Laura July 11, 2012 at 12:56 pm

OMG! I just posted about those little Justin’s packets yesterday! But we didn’t have vanilla to taste test….I may need to seek those out. Zucchini wise today I am making chocolate zucchini bread :)
Laura recently posted..Zucchini and a Bee

42 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Your skin must be turning a little bit green by now!

I’ve never been to a dermatologist before either – something I really need to start doing, considering that I’m naturally pale/a little bit freckly and get at least one (usually 2 or 3) bad sunburns a year. I wear sunscreen though, I promise!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It Sucks You in Like a Vortex of Awesome.

43 Sara July 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I love the rest of the other Justin’s flavors but was skeptical on the vanilla, but now I must try it after your raving review!
Sara recently posted..summer lately

44 Marie July 11, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m thinking ignorance is bliss on Justin’s nut butters. I still can’t believe your zucchini grew so well; they don’t look like that in the store. Haha, I had to edit my sentence to not include any TWSS jokes. Glad you’re going to the dermatologist; hope it goes well!

45 Lisa July 11, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Haha, I love all your zucchini recipes. Might as well put them to good use in your stomach;)
I can’t wait to get my hands on those nut butters, I am determined to find them sometime this summer. I’ve never been to the dermatologist for a skin check, but should really do that sometime soon, considering I have quite fair skin.
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #16

46 Kelly July 11, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I have to say I recognized you at Old Navy today! I was working in the fitting room when you came to try stuff on and I figured it was awkward to be like “hey I love your blog” haha Hope you got a lot of good stuff!

47 Courtney July 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Oh my gosh, NO WAY!! Were you the brunette that was in there the whole time? You totally should have said hi – not awkward at all!! :)
Oh, and I DEFINITELY got a lot of good stuff!

48 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm

How sweet of Ashley! I can’t find that stuff anywhere!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Long Run Day

49 Karleen curran July 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Omg I’m totally feeling this entire blogpost today!
1. My mom lent me her 50 shades of grey book as well! This also came with te comment, ‘I can’t believe I’m letting my daughter read this!’
2. I love your reference to the ‘dark ages’ with Jay. I am currently single and feeling as if I’m in my own dark age now but look forward to a time where I can at least be cordial with someone I was in a relationship with a couple months ago
3. I didn’t participate in your last months yoga challenge but I sooooo need yoga today! You’ve inspired to get some yoga-ness in my life today!
Hope you’re having a good day:)

50 Cheri C July 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Your comment about borrowing the book from your mom made me laugh. I’m in a book club with one of my sisters, my mom and an aunt and the host for this month picked this book. When I got reading it all I could think about was how am I going to discuss this with my mom and aunt?!? We’ll see how that goes a week from Sunday…

51 Lauren July 11, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I was just telling Toly last night that it has probably been over 8 years since I’ve been to an Outback. He remembered how killer their salads are!
Lauren recently posted..Little Pumpkin

52 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate July 11, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I am so jealous of the Vanilla Almond Butter! I have been checking Whole Foods every time I go since first seeing floating around the blog world since I love Justin’s brand as it is. So far no luck. :(
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Unplugging

53 Bek @ Crave July 12, 2012 at 12:50 am

I’ve just started the book this morning also! Page 80 for me, how good is it? I was instantly sucked in. Also, I am very jealous of the delicious nut butter you have :( I wish Aus had more like America!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..How hard do you go?