Got the Rehearsal Down

by Courtney on July 14, 2012

We’ve officially got the rehearsal down…now all we need is the main event to start!

Last night’s rehearsal went nice and smoothly, and we were all in and out pretty quickly.

Rach, who we thought for sure would be on edge all night was cool as a cucumber and seems more than ready for her big day today. Eeeek!

After the rehearsal was over at the sanctuary, Eileen, Kathryn, Joelle and I walked down a few houses to check out our old dorms. Gosh, everything felt so different yet so much the same…do you guys know what I’m talking about?

We were so excited to be back. Smile

You can actually see the old room that Eileen and I used to live in – it’s the window on the second floor that’s right next to the tree and pretty much over my head. We wanted to be able to go back in so bad, but no luck. Hey, there’s always tomorrow!

After our little photo op, we headed out to meet up with the couple of the hour for some dinner.

Shortly after we arrived (and I snagged myself a glass of wine), I couldn’t help but notice the adorable gift bags that were out on the table. Rachel made all of them from scratch…her crafty skills absolutely amaze me you guys!

The rehearsal dinner was at a new-to-me restaurant in Albany called Treviso. From what I’d heard, Treviso is known for some pretty delicious Italian food, and they certainly did not disappoint last night.

My favorite was the eggplant rollatini. Absolutely delicious!

For dessert, the tables were served a spread of Italian pastries, which I most definitely made sure to test out. YUM.

The entire evening was a great time, filled with plenty of fun and laughter (I also had a chance to talk a bit with Kathryn about the training plan she’s doing with me – so far so good!)…and goofiness too, apparently. Winking smile

IMG_3703Thanks, Jay.

After dinner, Rachel & Steve shared a few words and then gave us our bridal party gifts, which included a beautiful, monogrammed pashmina, a silver clutch (perfect for tomorrow), and a personalized picture frame.

The gifts were so thoughtful, and so Rachel. We all loved them.

Towards the end of the evening, we presented Rachel and Steve with a scrapbook that we’ve all been working on for the past few months (similar to the one that my girls made for my wedding).

It was great to finally be able to see the final product, after working on it more than once, and it turned out awesome.

So now, today’s the big day! And pretty soon, me and the rest of these lovely ladies will be walking down the aisle along with Rachie.

Ahhhh, I can’t wait!! Smile

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

Those bags are adorable! What the heck is a pashmina though??
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Tea and Crumpets

2 Shari July 14, 2012 at 9:18 am

I know exactly what you mean about your college home seeming the same and different all at once. I think it’s natural — though we’ve all changed since our college days, the memories are still special and being back on campus brings them soaring back :)

Have a great time today!

(Also – love your dress!)
Shari recently posted..Versatility.

3 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List July 14, 2012 at 9:23 am

Love revisiting old haunts!

4 Khushboo July 14, 2012 at 9:25 am

The dress looks even better on :)
Khushboo recently posted..AM to PM Workouts

5 Eisha July 14, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love your dress! The color and style is so beautiful! Where did you get it from?

6 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat July 14, 2012 at 9:26 am

What cute gift bags! And it’s so cool that you got to revisit your old dorm – too bad you didn’t get to go in though!
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Type A

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

The food looks delicious and looks like a fun evening! Weddings definitely make me excited for the day that I get to plan mine. …I’m still working on finding the other half though. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Whole Lotta Love

8 Allison July 14, 2012 at 10:27 am

Beautiful dress! And what nice dorm rooms; lucky. Mine were super janky….haha.
Allison recently posted..Reminders..

9 Danica @ It's Progression July 14, 2012 at 10:37 am

your dress is super cute!
have a great time at the wedding!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..fun facts friday

10 Sam @ Fit for My Fork July 14, 2012 at 11:00 am

I always love going back to the city where I went to university. So many memories there! Have a great time at the wedding!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..It Was All Thanks to the C25k

11 Rachel July 14, 2012 at 11:18 am

Love your dress!
Rachel recently posted..Red Box Bill

12 Jen July 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

Treviso is excellent!! Try the Italian Nachos if you go back again. Deep Fried Pasta Squares, topped with Crumbled Sausage, Diced Tomatoes, Black Olives, Alfredo & Melted Mozzarella Cheese
They are so good!!!

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

So fun! Enjoy the wedding today!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Buffalo Mac ‘n’ Cheese

14 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Looks like a successful rehearsal!!! I love your dress! yellow is one of my favorite summer colors to wear!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up plus Games Weekend!

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Have fun at the wedding today! If the rehearsal/pictures are any indication, it’s going to be absolutely stunning :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Awesome Body Day.

16 Amy @ Inspired Amy July 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm

http://www.tickld.com/t/11382 Jay reminds me of this in that photo
Amy @ Inspired Amy recently posted..The End isn’t Near, it’s Here

17 Courtney July 15, 2012 at 1:25 pm

LOL!!!

18 Bek @ Crave July 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

How exciting- this makes me want a wedding haha!