Headbands of Hope

by Courtney on July 14, 2012

Helloooo guys and dolls!

Just popping in quick (since I’m currently getting ready to party it up at Rachel’s wedding) to share a little bit of information with you all.

Last week, I received an email from a blog reader named Jessica, who happens to be the founder of Headbands of Hope.

sigimg1

Jessica explained how she spent last year participating in a summer internship with the Make a Wish Foundation, and while she was there, quickly discovered just how many girls fighting childhood cancer lose their hair during rigorous chemotherapy treatments.

She realized that headbands are a great way for these girls to keep their feminine
identity and have a constant reminder that they’re not alone, which is when she started Headbands of Hope.

headbands of hope

For every headband purchased, one is given to a girl with cancer and $1 is donated to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to fund life-saving childhood cancer research.

As soon as I read Jessica’s email I was already intrigued because I love her cause, but it wasn’t long after looking at the website that I immediately fell in love with the headbands.

They have Glitter Bands – perfect for working out!

Classic Shabby headbands in a bunch of adorable colors and patterns

classic shabby

And equally-cute Skinny Shabby headbands

skinny shabby

I’ve always felt very strongly about supporting any causes that help out children, and I felt compelled to pass along this information to all of you.

So just in case you happen to be in the market for some cute, new hair accessories, maybe think about getting one that also supports a great cause? Smile

1 Abby F July 14, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Love this idea! I have a niece who lost her hair during chemotherapy for neuroblastoma and I remember her always wanting to put pretty hair clips in the loose strands, one of the reasons being that other children would call her a boy due to her short(nonexistant) hair! It was sad to watch her struggle with her femininity at such a young age, but those clips did wonders, and I’m sure these headbands are doing the same for so many other little girls.

2 Danica @ It's Progression July 14, 2012 at 5:52 pm

This is beautiful…thanks for sharing!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..fun facts friday

3 Kailey July 14, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I just ordered 5! All of the headbands are so cute, thanks for sharing such a wonderful cause :)

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 14, 2012 at 9:16 pm

What an amazing company! I love this so much and definitely will have to buy a new hand band. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Whole Lotta Love

5 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath July 14, 2012 at 11:30 pm

What a great idea and company. Thanks for sharing this–I love the glitter ones!

6 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 15, 2012 at 6:25 am

What a beautiful cause – and headband! Thank you so much for sharing her story.
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Now Arriving in Gate 3

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 15, 2012 at 8:26 am

What a fabulous idea! And the headbands are so cute! Thanks for spreading the word!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Happy Birthday Chris!

8 Nicole July 15, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Love this!!

9 Jessica July 15, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Thanks so much for sharing Headbands of Hope, Courtney! I really appreciate it and so do the Hope Girls :)

10 Bek @ Crave July 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Oh what would you know- I need some new headbands for instructing classes too :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A day of recipes

11 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength July 16, 2012 at 8:59 am

Those are seriously so cute and what a great cause. Thanks for sharing!
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..SOS Online Training Program!