Rachel & Steve’s Wedding, Part 1

by Courtney on July 15, 2012

Oh man, I don’t even know where to begin. Yesterday was an absolutely great day and I am so, so happy for Rachel & Steve – the newlyweds!

I feel like I have a lot to catch up on, and I’m still trying to go through all of my photos, so this recap may have to be a two-parter…but let’s get goin’ with part one!

Early yesterday morning, we all made our way over to Rachel’s mom’s house to get prepped for the big day.

We had lots of food to snack on all morning, including fresh fruit, homemade blueberry muffins, bagels, and homemade quiche. I snacked all morning long on a little bit of everything and it was delicious.

We had a few hair stylists and a makeup artist come right to the house, so it was really nice to be able to just sort of relax throughout the morning while waiting to get ready.

The bride-to-be…still cool as a cucumber!

Eventually it was time to change into our dresses.

And while Rachel got ready, we took advantage of the extra time for a few photo ops.

Eventually, we finally got to see the beautiful bride!

IMG_6205IMG_6206

And before I knew it, we were all hopping into the limo and making our way to the ceremony.

Thanks to Rachel’s stellar planning skills, we even managed to get to the Saint Rose campus about 15 minutes ahead of schedule (perhaps the first in bride history?) so we took advantage and snapped a few photos in front of our old dorm. Winking smile

The day continued to move on fast and smoothly, and we were all walking down the aisle in the sanctuary in no time.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful…

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. King!

IMG_6268IMG_6297

I love this photo…nice job to photographer Jay. Winking smile

After the ceremony we all headed outside the steps of the sanctuary to get ready to blow some bubbles, which I thought was so fun.

Congrats again to Rach & Steve!

Once the ceremony was over, we all headed off the reception…which is when the party REALLY began! Part 2 coming soon! Smile

1 Sana July 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Wow, I love the bridesmaids dresses, they look super cute!
Sana recently posted..Say Yes to Dessert

2 janae@hungryrunnergirl July 15, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Weddings are the BEST! You look absolutely beautiful! I love that you took pics in front of your old dorm:)

3 Jennifer July 15, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I love the bridesmaids dresses, both the color and various styles. The flowers really pop! You look gorgeous, and that color is perfect for your skin tone and hair color! Do you have any close ups of the back of your hair? I really like how it’s styled.

4 Courtney July 15, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I might…I’ll have to look through the rest of the photos, haha!

5 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings July 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm

You all look lovely!! And I second what Jennifer said, I’d love to see pics of your hair, it’s gorgeous!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..The A2 Arboretum

6 Mollie July 15, 2012 at 2:02 pm

you looked stunning! I was just in my brothers wedding with a similar color dress. love it! Ditto to all the above comments-more hair, more hair! I am in my best friend’s wedding in September so I am looking for some hair inspiration!

7 Khushboo July 15, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I don’t even know Rachel but this post made me so happy- love weddings! Congrats to the happy couple :)
Khushboo recently posted..AM to PM Workouts

8 lynne @lgsmash July 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Beautiful! The bridesmaids dresses are the exact ones I picked for my bridesmaids to wear but in black. Thanks for sharing the photo! I’ve been excited to see how they’ll all look together – this is a nice example! :)
lynne @lgsmash recently posted..Wedding Wednesday: Pre-Marital Counseling

9 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Looks so fun! I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses! They’re really pretty!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Powermeal a Week!

10 Allison July 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Beautiful!
Allison recently posted..Meditation Challenge

11 Danica @ It's Progression July 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm

that little tiny dress hanging on the rack looks so precious!
You looked absolutely beautiful–that color is really pretty! Similar to what we decorated with at my wedding actually.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 7/8 – 7/14

12 Meghana July 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Thanks for sharing!! I love looking at wedding photos and happiness :D

13 Lisa July 15, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Those dresses are really pretty. And the bride looks amazing! Glad it was such a happy ceremony for the two! Congrats to the newly wedded couple

14 Rachel July 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

aww! they look so happy :) Congrats to Rachel! (it was just weird writing that because I have the same name haha)… you all look beautiful :)
Rachel recently posted..Must. Clean. Swampy

15 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm

What a beautiful wedding! My wedding was yesterday too!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Going to the Chapel

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Looks like a beautiful ceremony! When my grandma got married we blew bubbles too and for my friends wedding last weekend we did sparklers. So fun!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..East Coast Revival // Beantown!

17 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 15, 2012 at 4:45 pm

you all looked so pretty!!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..meal planning for the lazy

18 Liz @ iheartvegetables July 15, 2012 at 4:48 pm

You ladies look LOVELY! I love the color of those bridesmaids dresses!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Spreading the Love

19 Katy July 15, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I love the dresses!
Katy recently posted..A Very Busy Weekend

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Beautiful! I loved the color of those dresses – so vibrant!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

21 Laura July 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I love the bridesmaids dresses! I love all the styles and colors and the flower girls dress!! It is so cool how the makeup artists and hairstylists came to the house!! How relaxing!
Laura recently posted..Tacos and The Great Skirt Debate

22 megpinkgiggles July 15, 2012 at 6:58 pm

oh gosh that picture of all the dresses with the tiny little flower girl dress to the left is probably the cutest thing i’ve ever seen!
megpinkgiggles recently posted..Inspiration

23 Sue July 15, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I’ve been following your blog for a while and never realized until now that you are a fellow St. Rose alum?! I lived in Cavanaugh for 2 years – wayyy back in 95-97!

24 Courtney July 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm

NO KIDDING!?!? Yes, I was Cavanaugh, second floor! :)

25 Sarah July 16, 2012 at 7:27 am

looks like a beautiful wedding! I got married a month ago and still love seeing how everyone put together their big day!
Sarah recently posted..Weekend Wrap up

26 Jolynn July 16, 2012 at 1:20 pm

LOVE your dress!!
Jolynn recently posted..Protein Bar Giveaway

27 Julie July 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I love your hair! I’m going to be in a weddding in 2 weeks and am looking for styles…do you happen to have a link to the original picture you used to show the hair stylist? Or did it sort of just happen that way? :) Thanks much!

28 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I actually showed her this pin from Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/50032245831034176/
Good luck! :)

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm

The dresses are so pretty – I love the colour! And how they’re all slightly different – it’s nice when the bridesmaids pick the style for their dress, everybody can pick their most flattering fit.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lunch for Breakfast and Breakfast for Lunch

30 Bek @ Crave July 16, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I love your bridesmaid dresses and the mother of the bride’s dress is also so stunning! Thanks for the 2 part recap! Loved reading it :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The Stampede

31 Britt July 17, 2012 at 11:05 am

Beautiful wedding! You looked gorgeous Court!

So her mother walked her down the aisle? Was there a reason why her father wasn’t able to walk her down? I’m only asking because Im thinking of having my mother walk me down the aisle and I haven’t seen too many people do that…

32 Britt July 17, 2012 at 11:11 am

Ok never mind… I just read part 2….very touching.

33 Pamela Oakley July 20, 2012 at 9:14 am

Very beautiful wedding. I really love attending wedding because I love seeing the happy couple sharing their promises to each other. I wish I could wear beautiful wedding dress as well.
Pamela Oakley recently posted..Male Potency and Natural Ways to Be Sexually Potent Men