Cory and Topanga

by Courtney on July 16, 2012

And we’re back to the grind already…talk about a fast weekend! Then again, I suppose that’s what happens when you’re having fun partying your face off, right?

Thankfully, I got a solid, eight hours of sleep last night so I’m feeling nice and rested and ready to tackle the day.

I started the day bright and early to…go grocery shopping. We had very little food in the house, which I could have dealt with, but we also had no milk or creamer for coffee, which was a deal breaker. Thankfully, grocery shopping at 6:30 in the morning is not a very popular thing, so I practically had the store to myself…except for the worker cleaning the floors with the extremely loud scrubber machine.

I got in and out fairly quickly, came home, and made some breakfast with my the purchase I was most excited about…waffles!

As I was scoping out the frozen waffle section, I spotted some Eggo Nutri-Grain Honey Oat waffles on sale (2 for $5 at Price Chopper!) so I decided to give ‘em a shot.

Ummm, they’re amazing. Today’s waffles got topped with some almond butter, banana slices, cinnamon, and chia seeds.

And were enjoyed while catching an episode of Boy Meets World on ABC Family.

source

It was the episode where Cory and Topanga broke up and I could still remember this one from when it originally aired. I don’t know about any of you guys, but Boy Meets World was most definitely one of my favorite shows growing up. I had a major crush on Shawn, coveted Topanga’s hair somethin’ crazy, and cracked up over Cory’s brother Eric every single time. Such a great show!

Definitely a great way to start the day. Smile

Now it’s time to start catching up on the work that I didn’t get a chance to do over the weekend…it’s gonna be a busy, busy day.

Question for the Morning:

What were some of your favorite TV shows while growing up?

Some of my other favorites along with Boy Meets Word: Dawson’s Creek, 7th Heaven, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 90210, Saved By The Bell, Rugrats, The Wonder Years, Full House, Home Improvement, Step By Step, Punky Brewster, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, and Baywatch…yes, Baywatch. Winking smile

1 Michelle Hunt July 16, 2012 at 9:16 am

I loved Saved by the Bell and California Dreams..oh and Sweet Valley High! I was also a HUGE Dawson’s Creek fan!
Michelle Hunt recently posted..Getting all fancy early in the week

2 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction July 16, 2012 at 9:18 am

OMG I loved Dawson’s Creek… My mom told me I could not watch it because she did not like the content, but I still managed to watch every episode without her knowing :)
Boy Meets World was part of the Friday line-up that I watched religiously and 7th Heaven definitely a Monday night staple.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Instagram Kind of Day

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 16, 2012 at 9:18 am

You pretty much just named all my favorite shows as a kid – Full House and 7th Heaven were definitely at the top of that list though! I actually own all seasons of Full House on DVD for when I’m feeling nostalgic :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sweet and Spicy Chili Lime Salmon – Too Easy to be True

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 16, 2012 at 9:43 am

Lol I own all of Full House as well! Uncle Jesse always makes me feel better :D
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Now Arriving in Gate 3

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 16, 2012 at 9:22 am

You mentioned all of my favorites! I was obsessed with Saved by the Bell, Dawson’s Creek, and Full House. Funny story, I went to a taping of SNL a couple of years ago and Rider Strong from Boy Meets World was sitting behind me with his partner. He was SO incredibly rude to everyone and was acting very obnoxious. I was in love with him back in the day. It’s crazy to see how celebrities really act in person.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My First Home Panini Experience!…

6 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 9:28 am

awww, really? That’s such a bummer to know…boooo to that! (but so cool you went to a taping of SNL!)

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 16, 2012 at 9:29 am

ohhh my, i loved Boy Meets World growing up (ahem, still do)! i also loved 7th Heaven, Full House, and Saved By The Bell. it’s so fun to think back!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Blueberry Almond Chicken Salad

8 Katie July 16, 2012 at 9:29 am

I probably relate a real life situation to Boy Meets World at least once a week!

9 Katie July 16, 2012 at 9:30 am

Oh, and there’s a real restautant here in Philly called Chubby’s. Nothing like the Chubby’s on the show, but it’s cool to say you went!

10 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 16, 2012 at 9:35 am

I absolutely loved Topanga’s hair too and I never missed an episode of 90210! The Wonder Years, Family Ties and Growing Pains are all classics in my book.

11 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 16, 2012 at 9:35 am

Luckily, right after this, it was the episode where Jennifer Love Fefferman comes in for the horror movie parody.

Great morning.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday: Philly Recon

12 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Hahaha, I watched that one too! :)

13 Lindsay July 16, 2012 at 9:36 am

Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all time. I still get up early to watch it on ABC Family if I’m feeling up to it.

14 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife July 16, 2012 at 9:36 am

I know the episode just from the picture haha. That show is the best! (: Between that and The Hills right now my mornings are packed with fun tv shows!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Sweat Pink Ambassador

15 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life July 16, 2012 at 9:37 am

I looove Boy Meets World growing up and I agree, Shawn was quite the hottie! I also loved Full House, Saved By the Bell and 90210. I used to watch a lot more TV than I do now!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Picnic in Central Park

16 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 16, 2012 at 9:42 am

I had 2 toaster waffles with almond butter, banana, cinnamon (honey & hemp seeds) for breakfast — so yummy :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Pick-Me-Up {Power} Bars

17 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 16, 2012 at 9:45 am

My Cory’s older brother is named Eric :) I wish my name was Topanga (and I also wish I had her hair.) And OH, 7th Heaven was the best! I watched it with my mom every Sunday!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Fitness Friday: My Take on Running

18 Nikki July 16, 2012 at 9:49 am

Sabrina the Teenage Witch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings July 16, 2012 at 9:52 am

Any of those TGIF shows were winners, and I also LOVED all of the Nickelodeon cartoons! Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold… they were all so great! I don’t watch cartoons anymore, but I doubt they make cartoons like they used to!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..The A2 Arboretum

20 jessie July 16, 2012 at 9:59 am

You totally just mentioned all of my favorite shows when I was younger. Hubby & I actually have the Fresh Prince of Bel Air seasons and watched some of the episodes on Saturday night.

Episodes of Fresh Prince, and drinks seriously make for the best night in. Soo many laughs!! Can never get enough of Carlton dancing!!
jessie recently posted..MIMM #1

21 Khushboo July 16, 2012 at 10:00 am

Loved all those shows especially Dawson’s Creek- Pacey was a hottie! Full House reruns stil come on here- some shows never get old!
Khushboo recently posted..Chicken Avocado Tartine

22 Lindsey July 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

Loved Boy Meets World,- other favs were Home Improvement, Saved by the Bell (early morning TV!), Dawson’s Creek, Fresh Prince of Belair, 7th Heaven, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Nanny and Flipper. I know there are way more, hard to remember them all! haha. I miss 90′s TV!
Lindsey recently posted..It Happens

23 Faith @ For the Health of It July 16, 2012 at 10:03 am

I definitely loved Full House, Magic School Bus and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. So much more entertaining than Spongebob and whatever else is on Cartoon Network these days!

24 Danica @ It's Progression July 16, 2012 at 10:05 am

I immediately was excited to read this post when I saw the title haha I loved Boy Meets World, Full House, and 7th Heaven–they were my favorites to watch after school before my mom got home and I had to actually do my homework or practice piano. Oh and I’m pretty sure everyone wanted hair like Topanga’s :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Pics of the day 7.15.12

25 Shannon July 16, 2012 at 10:07 am

My fave’s were Saved by the bell, Dawson’s Creek, The Brady Bunch, Home Improvements, Full House and anything that came on TGIF! (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, You Wish, Teen Angel, etc.) haha! I used to tape them off because I could never stay up to watch everything because where I lived TGIF didn’t even start until 9:30pm!

26 Rachel July 16, 2012 at 10:25 am

omg I was watching this episode! I remember I didn’t like that Lauren girl at all lol
Rachel recently posted..Binging on Grapes

27 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 16, 2012 at 10:44 am

I have to admit I got SO excited when I saw the title for this post! Boy Meets World was such an awesome show!! When I was in middle school, people used to tell me that I reminded them of Topanga. Since in the early days she was considered a little weird, I never knew how to take it. But as the years went on and she grew up and was gorgeous, I always loved those comments. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Road Trip Playlist

28 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 16, 2012 at 10:47 am

Oh, I had so many that I loved! Not sure how I managed to watch them all without having DVR back in the day.
Some of my favorites were Charles in Charge, 90210, Full House and Saved by the Bell.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..From A to Z

29 Kim @ The Family Practice July 16, 2012 at 10:47 am

Are you afraid of the dark!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Breakfasts To Make You Swoon

30 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 4:07 pm

YESSSS!!!!

31 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 16, 2012 at 10:47 am

I used to love Boy Meet’s World!!! Such an awesome show :) I love your list of shows, I used to watch most of them too! I used to love Sweet Valley, Step by Step, Sabrina the Teenage Witch…I could go on forever….
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday

32 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets July 16, 2012 at 11:20 am

That waffle looks amazing! My favourite shows growing up were the Care Bears & Sailor Moon! Anyone else?
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..Sunday Planning + Weekly Challenge

33 Briana July 16, 2012 at 11:26 am

I just bought Dawson’s Creek the Complete Series! Do it!!

34 Yellow Haired Girl July 16, 2012 at 11:27 am

I loved Boy Meets World! I was just watching an episode the other day … the one after they break up, where Cory steals the liquor from the liquor cabinet?! Classic. Haha.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..What’s On My Mind…

35 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess July 16, 2012 at 11:38 am

I loveee boy meets world! I’ve been watching the reruns on Abc Family too!

36 Laura July 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

I am so glad you posted up the links from this weekend. I was having problems loading your website so now I can see what I missed :)

Omgoshh. I looovved Boy Meets World and I totally remember that episode.

I loved all the shows on TGIF….remember those? Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Step By Step, etc. I was so sad to see BMW go off the air :(

37 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 16, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I may have actually shed a few tears during the last episode. The little boy who plays his little brother in the last episode is the same one that played their neighbor when they moved in together in college.
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Lovin’ It…

38 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Boy Meets World was my favorite growing up! I still DVR it and watch it if there’s nothing else on. What’s funny is we have a channel here called TV Land which is supposed to be older shows. When I was little it was I Love Lucy, The Munsters, and Bewitched, but now it’s all the shows that used to be on TGIF like Full House!

39 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Oh gosh, yes! Nick at Nite! I was in love with I Love Lucy (I own five different collectors dolls!) and Bewitched was another good one :)

40 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Haha I loved when they had Block Party Summer, and there was a whole night dedicated to each show!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Missed Memo

41 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Aww Topanga!! I always always forget her name.
What is it about watching throwback shows from the 90′s in the early morning? I love it too!

42 Alysha @Shesontherun July 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

My BFF wanted to name her first born girl Topanga! I also loved full house and growing pains.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Guest post: Eat. Host. Run. Style.

43 Lauren July 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Ah Oh my Gosh, I was in love with BMW. I remember crying during that episode. :)

44 Jolynn July 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I’m with ya on Boy Meets World, 7th Heaven, Full House, Home Improvement, and ER.

45 Steph @ StephSnacks July 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm

LOVED Boy Meets World! And Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Friend Filled

46 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Haha, loved Legends of the Hidden Temple! And GUTS with Mike O’Malley! :)

47 Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run July 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I’m definitely older because mine are Silver Spoons, Magic Garden, Growing Pains (although Kirk Cameron makes me ill now), and Dance Party USA. Boy, I’m old. :)
Jen Correa @ Mom’s Gotta Run recently posted..My Fitness Story So Far…

48 Mary @Mary Had a Little Blog July 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Those waffles look delicious! My roommates always joke that I am the PB, banana, waffle queen! I used to have it almost every day for breakfast! My favorite shows (I am only 20 so these aren’t going to be too ancient) were 7th Heaven, Degrassi, Little House on the Prairie, Gilmore Girls (still a fav), Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Be Air, Saved By The Bell and Full House. Such great memories from those shows! The best thing was staying home sick from school and getting to watch Saved By The Bell re-runs!
Mary @Mary Had a Little Blog recently posted..Exciting News!!

49 Sarah July 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm

boy meets world was the best! A year ago my husband and i re watched the whole series… awesome
Sarah recently posted..Weekend Wrap up

50 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm

hehehoho as soon as I saw your post title I smiled really big. :D i loved that show!! I love Mr. Feeny (sp?) because of his stern attitude, yet loving heart.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..I Got Some Skills Hey Hey Hey

51 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 16, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I just discovered Boy Meets World on ABC family in the AMs at the gym… love it! Definitely one of my favorite childhood shows!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Happy Birthday Dad!

52 Bailey July 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I LOVE Boy Meets World!! I still watch it whenever I have time to sit down before or after breakfast. :) Full House and Fresh Prince too!
Bailey recently posted..Nothing’s Fishy

53 Emily @ Relishments July 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I love Boy Meets World! I check Netflix an average of once a month to see if the show is on instant yet…still waiting. I also watched ridiculous amounts of Saved By The Bell and Full House.
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights: Summer Salads

54 erica July 16, 2012 at 3:36 pm

lol. i had to laugh. i loved baywatch too.
erica recently posted..Weekend in pics…

55 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm

lol – my best friend Heather and I used to come home from school to do our homework and watch Punky Brewster, then Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, followed by Baywatch…which usually got cut short because dinner was ready

56 Claire July 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I LOVED Full House! So much that when I started to get homesick in college, I went out and bought the DVD’s and watched it all the time. Remember TGIF?! I lived for Friday nights as a kid!

57 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

LOVED TGIF!! Haha, Friday nights were great…and then Saturday night was SNICK on Nickelodeon :)

58 Jaclyn July 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm

omgosh i love that you posted about bmw. I LOVED that show too! My dad’s cousin actually was the cameraman for that show so when he heard how obsessed my sisters and i were with it, he hooked us up for some backstage passes to see it getting filmed. it was SO much fun – i even got to meet ben savage (cory) and danielle fishel (topanga). ben was super funny, he came on to relieve the comedian for awhile and just chatted with the audience. it seemed like the whole cast was really close, which was cool. totally memorable, ha!

other shows?! def 7th heaven, full house, gilmore girls (although that was kind of later), and omg TGIF on abc: Sabrina (!!!) the teenage witch and whatever else was in their current rotation, ;)
Jaclyn recently posted..West Coast

59 TheBloggersBrother July 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Uhh SportsCenter, Power Rangers, Spongebob, Rocco’s Modern Life, CatDog, Angry Beavers, AHH! Real Monsters, SportsCenter, VR Troopers, SportsCenter, DOUG, Rugrats

So many more…I could go on for hours

60 Courtney July 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I’m glad I blogged about something that peaked your interest today ;)

61 Elizabeth July 16, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Totally loved her hair too!!

62 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 16, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I loooooooved this show growing up!!!!! I used to watch it every Friday night!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..new and improved

63 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Honestly, my list isn’t that long because I lived out in the country and therefore – only about 6 channels.

I do however, remember liking: The Simpsons, Recess, Rugrats, Family Matters and Fresh Prince. Most of the popular shows at the time I had no idea existed!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lunch for Breakfast and Breakfast for Lunch

64 Alaina July 16, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Oh my gosh, I loved Shawn on Boy Meets World! One time, I wrote a letter to Ryder Strong (remember when you could get their “addresses” out of BOP magazine?) and my grandmother ended up mailing it. Lo and behold, about a month later, I had an autographed post card from him! Well, was probably his assistant, but still cool when I was about 9/10 years old!!
Alaina recently posted..30 Years of Bliss

65 Shannon July 16, 2012 at 10:40 pm

When I was very little, my favorite TV shows were Sesame Street and Rugrats. Now as a soon to be 16 year old (7 days!), I watch shows such as Castle, The Middle, Modern Family, Revenge (can’t get enough of that show- so addicting :) ), Scandal, Smash, and Body of Proof.

66 Bek @ Crave July 16, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I’m surprised the grocery store is even open at 6:30am! Ours don’t open till 8am. Hmm Australia behind the 8 ball once again haha!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The Stampede

67 Sienna July 16, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I watched bay watch too (along with all the more normal shows you named)!

68 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 17, 2012 at 11:39 am

I LOVED Boy Meets World. When I was in high school my boyfriend at the time and I used to work at Target together and people always said I looked like Topanga, and would call my boyfriend, “my curly haired friend” or when we were together, Cory and Topanga.

Saved By The Bell was another favorite of mine!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..I’m Going To Bootcamp!

69 Keisha @ healthy fit happy chick July 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I frickin’ love boy meets world! I own the entire series on DVD. Obsessed.
Keisha @ healthy fit happy chick recently posted..I’m Baaaack