Cory and Topanga

And we’re back to the grind already…talk about a fast weekend! Then again, I suppose that’s what happens when you’re having fun partying your face off, right?

Thankfully, I got a solid, eight hours of sleep last night so I’m feeling nice and rested and ready to tackle the day.

I started the day bright and early to…go grocery shopping. We had very little food in the house, which I could have dealt with, but we also had no milk or creamer for coffee, which was a deal breaker. Thankfully, grocery shopping at 6:30 in the morning is not a very popular thing, so I practically had the store to myself…except for the worker cleaning the floors with the extremely loud scrubber machine.

I got in and out fairly quickly, came home, and made some breakfast with my the purchase I was most excited about…waffles!

As I was scoping out the frozen waffle section, I spotted some Eggo Nutri-Grain Honey Oat waffles on sale (2 for $5 at Price Chopper!) so I decided to give ‘em a shot.

Ummm, they’re amazing. Today’s waffles got topped with some almond butter, banana slices, cinnamon, and chia seeds.

And were enjoyed while catching an episode of Boy Meets World on ABC Family.

source

It was the episode where Cory and Topanga broke up and I could still remember this one from when it originally aired. I don’t know about any of you guys, but Boy Meets World was most definitely one of my favorite shows growing up. I had a major crush on Shawn, coveted Topanga’s hair somethin’ crazy, and cracked up over Cory’s brother Eric every single time. Such a great show!

Definitely a great way to start the day. Smile

Now it’s time to start catching up on the work that I didn’t get a chance to do over the weekend…it’s gonna be a busy, busy day.

Question for the Morning:

What were some of your favorite TV shows while growing up?

Some of my other favorites along with Boy Meets Word: Dawson’s Creek, 7th Heaven, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 90210, Saved By The Bell, Rugrats, The Wonder Years, Full House, Home Improvement, Step By Step, Punky Brewster, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, and Baywatch…yes, Baywatch. Winking smile

Comments

OMG I loved Dawson’s Creek… My mom told me I could not watch it because she did not like the content, but I still managed to watch every episode without her knowing :)
    Boy Meets World was part of the Friday line-up that I watched religiously and 7th Heaven definitely a Monday night staple.
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Instagram Kind of Day

You mentioned all of my favorites! I was obsessed with Saved by the Bell, Dawson’s Creek, and Full House. Funny story, I went to a taping of SNL a couple of years ago and Rider Strong from Boy Meets World was sitting behind me with his partner. He was SO incredibly rude to everyone and was acting very obnoxious. I was in love with him back in the day. It’s crazy to see how celebrities really act in person.
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My First Home Panini Experience!…

• Courtney says

awww, really? That’s such a bummer to know…boooo to that! (but so cool you went to a taping of SNL!)

3. Katie says

Oh, and there’s a real restautant here in Philly called Chubby’s. Nothing like the Chubby’s on the show, but it’s cool to say you went!

4. Lindsay says

Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all time. I still get up early to watch it on ABC Family if I’m feeling up to it.

You totally just mentioned all of my favorite shows when I was younger. Hubby & I actually have the Fresh Prince of Bel Air seasons and watched some of the episodes on Saturday night.

Episodes of Fresh Prince, and drinks seriously make for the best night in. Soo many laughs!! Can never get enough of Carlton dancing!!
    jessie recently posted..MIMM #1

Loved Boy Meets World,- other favs were Home Improvement, Saved by the Bell (early morning TV!), Dawson’s Creek, Fresh Prince of Belair, 7th Heaven, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Nanny and Flipper. I know there are way more, hard to remember them all! haha. I miss 90’s TV!
    Lindsey recently posted..It Happens

I immediately was excited to read this post when I saw the title haha I loved Boy Meets World, Full House, and 7th Heaven–they were my favorites to watch after school before my mom got home and I had to actually do my homework or practice piano. Oh and I’m pretty sure everyone wanted hair like Topanga’s :)
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Pics of the day 7.15.12

8. Shannon says

My fave’s were Saved by the bell, Dawson’s Creek, The Brady Bunch, Home Improvements, Full House and anything that came on TGIF! (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, You Wish, Teen Angel, etc.) haha! I used to tape them off because I could never stay up to watch everything because where I lived TGIF didn’t even start until 9:30pm!

I have to admit I got SO excited when I saw the title for this post! Boy Meets World was such an awesome show!! When I was in middle school, people used to tell me that I reminded them of Topanga. Since in the early days she was considered a little weird, I never knew how to take it. But as the years went on and she grew up and was gorgeous, I always loved those comments. 😉
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Road Trip Playlist

I am so glad you posted up the links from this weekend. I was having problems loading your website so now I can see what I missed :)

Omgoshh. I looovved Boy Meets World and I totally remember that episode.

I loved all the shows on TGIF….remember those? Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Step By Step, etc. I was so sad to see BMW go off the air :(

Boy Meets World was my favorite growing up! I still DVR it and watch it if there’s nothing else on. What’s funny is we have a channel here called TV Land which is supposed to be older shows. When I was little it was I Love Lucy, The Munsters, and Bewitched, but now it’s all the shows that used to be on TGIF like Full House!

Those waffles look delicious! My roommates always joke that I am the PB, banana, waffle queen! I used to have it almost every day for breakfast! My favorite shows (I am only 20 so these aren’t going to be too ancient) were 7th Heaven, Degrassi, Little House on the Prairie, Gilmore Girls (still a fav), Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Be Air, Saved By The Bell and Full House. Such great memories from those shows! The best thing was staying home sick from school and getting to watch Saved By The Bell re-runs!
    Mary @Mary Had a Little Blog recently posted..Exciting News!!

• Courtney says

lol – my best friend Heather and I used to come home from school to do our homework and watch Punky Brewster, then Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, followed by Baywatch…which usually got cut short because dinner was ready

I LOVED Full House! So much that when I started to get homesick in college, I went out and bought the DVD’s and watched it all the time. Remember TGIF?! I lived for Friday nights as a kid!

omgosh i love that you posted about bmw. I LOVED that show too! My dad’s cousin actually was the cameraman for that show so when he heard how obsessed my sisters and i were with it, he hooked us up for some backstage passes to see it getting filmed. it was SO much fun – i even got to meet ben savage (cory) and danielle fishel (topanga). ben was super funny, he came on to relieve the comedian for awhile and just chatted with the audience. it seemed like the whole cast was really close, which was cool. totally memorable, ha!

other shows?! def 7th heaven, full house, gilmore girls (although that was kind of later), and omg TGIF on abc: Sabrina (!!!) the teenage witch and whatever else was in their current rotation, 😉
    Jaclyn recently posted..West Coast

15. TheBloggersBrother says

Uhh SportsCenter, Power Rangers, Spongebob, Rocco’s Modern Life, CatDog, Angry Beavers, AHH! Real Monsters, SportsCenter, VR Troopers, SportsCenter, DOUG, Rugrats

So many more…I could go on for hours

Oh my gosh, I loved Shawn on Boy Meets World! One time, I wrote a letter to Ryder Strong (remember when you could get their “addresses” out of BOP magazine?) and my grandmother ended up mailing it. Lo and behold, about a month later, I had an autographed post card from him! Well, was probably his assistant, but still cool when I was about 9/10 years old!!
    Alaina recently posted..30 Years of Bliss

When I was very little, my favorite TV shows were Sesame Street and Rugrats. Now as a soon to be 16 year old (7 days!), I watch shows such as Castle, The Middle, Modern Family, Revenge (can’t get enough of that show- so addicting :) ), Scandal, Smash, and Body of Proof.

I LOVED Boy Meets World. When I was in high school my boyfriend at the time and I used to work at Target together and people always said I looked like Topanga, and would call my boyfriend, “my curly haired friend” or when we were together, Cory and Topanga.

Saved By The Bell was another favorite of mine!
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..I’m Going To Bootcamp!