Are My Plants Done?

A little yoga to kick start my Tuesday morning? Don’t mind if I do!

I’m starting to get a little bored with the yoga DVD’s that I already own, so I decided to flip on the Sportskool Exercise channel and see if they had anything to offer. Much to my surprise, they actually had about a dozen different yoga videos to choose from – score!

The first one I attempted was a Vinyasa Flow video, but I only lasted about five minutes before calling it quits. Borrrrring. My next video, however, called “Metal Yoga,” was anything but. The instructor used wrist and ankle weights, but since I don’t own any of those, I just went without. Honestly though, I don’t know if I would have been able to do it with the weights because this video was challenging!

The only downside to my yoga practice today (look at me sounding all yoga-like) was some lingering shoulder pain I was experiencing. Not quite sure what’s up with that. Either way, still a great yoga session.

Last Night’s Dinner

Rewind a bit to last night’s dinner. Talk about deeeeeelish.

I marinated some chicken earlier in the day, so Jay cooked that up on the grill while I took care of the rest of dinner. On Sunday, Jay ended up making a last-minute homemade marinara sauce, and since there was some leftover, I wanted to pair it the chicken.

So I cooked up some brown rice, topped it with the chicken (it’s under there, I swear), marinated artichoke hearts, the marinara sauce, a little mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, and some fresh basil…from the garden. Winking smile

Jay said it reminded him a lot of a healthier chicken parm, which I could see a little, but it was just overall amazing.

On the side, we had some sautéed zucchini and yellow squash since, ya know, we have quite a bunch of it.

But speaking of which…I noticed that my plants are pretty much empty right now. There are some flowers, but no zucchini or squash…this doesn’t mean my plants are done, does it?? Do they come in phases? I’ll be so disappointed if my zucchini crop is done…I have more baking to do!

After getting my yoga on this morning, my body temp was up there, so I needed something cold to cool me down. Cereal combo + iced coffee is where it’s at.

I even made extra…juuuust in case I want another cup later on. Winking smile

Today’s cereal combo included:

I loaded the bowl up with berries so this thing was huuuuge.

The Special K cereal by the way? Awesome. x100

Random Question for the Morning (kind of like when we did the Would You Rathers!):

Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with?

1. Nicole says

Funny you mention the elevator thing! I was at a family wedding last weekend in Ohio and a crazy storm passed through about an hour before the wedding. My cousin was on his way down to take bridal party photos and got stuck in the 100+ degree hotel elevator for about an hour and a half until the firemen came and helped him crawl out. He completely missed the bridal party photos and would have missed the wedding if it weren’t for the fact that it started late. The best part of the story though – he was stuck in the elevator with another random guy who had a cooler full of cold beer. Needless to say, they made the best use of their time together :)

Have you heard of They have some great yoga podcasts + PDF pose guides. They have free 20 minute sessions or pretty cheap 30-60 minute sessions. I have several that I switch between and it helps keep me from ever getting too bored with any of them. And I always have a session for the amount of time I want or have!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..East Coast Revival // NYC

3. Karleen curran says

Loving your yoganess still! I myself did a trail run and then dragged my sore butt to the gym for a much needed yoga class. It’s amazing how it takes care of a lot of the soreness I would have felt this morning from my run if I hadn’t done the class! I need to look into the yoga classes on my tv as well.

Ummm I would rather be stuck in an elevator with Channing Tatum….inappropriate?? I would need something pretty to look at:)

With most veggies if you pick them a day or two before they’re ripe, they’ll keep producing. However, if you wait til they’re completely ripe to harvest, they’ll stop growing more. Always make sure to pick them a little earlier than you should!
    Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Fireworks

Oh man that chicken dinner looks sooo good!! Also I’m not an experienced gardner but when we planted our own peppers and tomatoes and so on they definitely came in phases. Also with all this heat going on crops are going a little funky so I would’t worry! Just keep taking care of them and hopefully you’ll see more soon!!
    Jenna@Redheadrunningwild recently posted..Monday Blues and Lululemon Review

6. Yaara Leve says

Ok–that cheesy-veggie dish looks soooo good! I’m on a major yellow squash and zucchini kick too. I wish though I had my own garden to grow them. That’s great that you’re able to do that. Ok–and–I’ve definitely fantasizes
    About this question–hands down–Jake
    Gyllenhaal–(if you dont know him google him–really hot
    Actor) or Sam Jaeger–( he’s the guy who is married to Julie on the show “parenthood”-)

that dinner looks fantastic! i don’t know if you’ve already checked them out, but has some good yoga videos too. i forgot about the “would you rather” questions you used to ask – they were always so fun! if i had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, i’d have to go with my husband. he makes light of every situation, makes me laugh, and is my best friend!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Then Vs. Now

Oh my goodness, when my husband and I were in college and very recently engaged, we got stuck in our dorm elevator during finals week. It was like 9:00 at night and we had been studying in the hall of my floor. SOMEONE decided he wanted to go downstairs and get a pop from the vending machine. Instead of just walking the 3 flights of stairs, he insisted we take the elevator. SOMEONE also insisted he do the “jump between floors” thing, and got us stuck between floors 1-2! We were stuck for an hour and the fire department and campus security had to get us out. It was SO embarrasing, but we laugh about it now!
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Not Your Typical Breakfast

I could be the good wife and say my husband but since I have seen him almost every day for the last 17 years I am going with someone else this time ;-)!

For picking their brain and because we are secretly best friends(ha!!), Bethenny Frankel.
    If I were choosing a cutie, Channing Tatum would be a perfect choice!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Find The Pretty

Not sure about your plants- I’m sure more will grow soon!

I’d like to be stuck in an elevator with either Beyonce, Carrie Underwood (to provide me with some music and I could finally meet them!) or Rachel McAdams (one of my favorite actresses).

If you are still getting blooms, I think that your plant can still produce some zucchini. Make sure it has enough nutrients to produce though- I’d probably fertilize or something…
    I’d be okay with being stuck with the husband, my sister, my best friend- any of those people would be great! ….. A hot actor wouldn’t be bad either 😉
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 31, 32, & 33

Ahh I totally do that with new yoga videos. Just yesterday I tried some 15-min yoga ab thing and turned it off after the first three exercises. But when you find the good ones it’s totally worth it!
    Julie recently posted..I Got the Call

hmmm…good question.

About 5% wants to say someone intellectual, like Einstein or Hawking, so I can pick their brain.

About 5% wants to say something political, like Canadian PM Stephen Harper so I can ask him what the hell he’s doing with my country.

The other 90% wants Joe Manganiello (True Blood/Magic Mike) or Jason Mamoa (Game of Thrones)….for obvious reasons. :-)
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Peanut Butter Awesome

14. Kaitlyn says

Definately my cousin, emily. everything we do together is crazy, weird, and totally fun. Thinking of it, now I’d actually want to get stuck in an elevator with’d make a great story!

I have done the Sportskool Metal Yoga as well and completely agree that it is very challenging! I didn’t have weights either but like you said, I don’t think I could have done it with them. That one definitely gets me sweatin’!
    Melanie recently posted..Na Cho Average Nachos

16. Stephanie B says

My dad has grown three huge zucchinis which we are planning to freeze soon so we can use it in the winter. He also grew some yellow squash too! I will have to make this dinner sometime this week because it looks super tasty. I also loved all you zucchini recipes from earlier. I made the baked zucchini casserole last week and it was scrumptious :) Love your blog!!

1. […] guys believe that last week I still managed to get ONE more zucchini from our garden? I swear, I thought those plants were done about five different times, yet they continued to amaze me (No more surprises now – the frost has […]