The Ultimate Girls Night

by Courtney on July 17, 2012

*****

After spending this past weekend with my best girls from college, it got all of us thinking and reminiscing quite a bit about all of our fun memories.

While some of our funniest memories are just random occurrences, some of our favorites happen to be the inevitable “girls night out” evenings. I got to thinking about them quite a bit on Sunday, as I was going through not only the photos from Rachel’s wedding, but also through all of the many albums we’ve been uploading together online since 2006. Oh man, do we have a lot of photos.

After spending way more time than I should have looking through those old photos, I decided that out ultimate “girls night out” memory would have to be our trip to Las Vegas.

If you’ve been reading for a while (a long while!) then you may remember when Jay and I made the trip out to Las Vegas for our friends’ Joelle & Kyle’s bachelor and bachelorette parties. While we were able to make a whole vacation out of it as a big group, we did have our one “big night” where the guys and girls split ways and celebrated bachelor/bachelorette style.

Man, I’ll tell ya. That night was THE best girls night ever.

I was with some of my best girlfriends, I had a fun new dress to wear (details on that here), we all basically got free booze because we were quite a large and rowdy bachelorette party…

Oh yeah…and we were in VEGAS. The fact that I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to Las Vegas with some of my closest girlfriends is beyond awesome. I had always said that I just needed to visit Vegas once…and I definitely got my fill while I was there.

I mean, how many people can say that they got to chicken fight in Vegas?

IMG_4478IMG_4479

Let’s just forget about the fact that I injured my foot from it

The laughs that came from that night made it all worth it. Winking smile

So why all this talk about my favorite girls night out, you ask?

Well right now, Hypnotiq is holding a Live Louder Dance Off contest, giving all of you a chance to win a VIP weekend in Las Vegas including a 2-night stay at the Hpnotiq Super Suite, a private dance lesson with Maksim Chmerkovskiy (hubba, hubba!), and $1,000 cash.

To enter, all it requires is a quick, 30-second (max) video of you bustin’ out your best dance moves – find out how more details, just CLICK HERE.

If video isn’t really your thing, you can still enter to win one of the Hypnotiq weekly prize packs by entering their photo contest (details on that HERE).

I’m currently thinking about submitting this photo from this past weekend…

What do you guys think? Winking smile

Disclaimer: Thank you again to Hpnotiq for sponsoring this blog post! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own.

1 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Your photos are adorable. It looks like y’all had so much fun together!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Mindless Eating – Brian Wansink

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 17, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I’ve never been to Vegas, but it would be awesome to visit. I’m with you — I think once may be enough, but it’s definitely on my to-visit list!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..DIY – Toilet Paper Roll Cover

3 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I got married in Vegas almost 8 years ago and also had the ultimate girls night while there. We had our bachelor/bachelorette parties a couple nights before the wedding to give us plenty of time to recover. Very necessary!! More than having the time of our lives I am just so very thankful I had such a wonderful group of friends(14!!) to travel that far for our wedding. It goes down in the memory books for sure!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Find The Pretty

4 Jessica @ New Girl, New City July 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I am in LOVE with that dress!
And free drinks? In Vegas?! You can’t beat that!

5 Shannon July 17, 2012 at 9:28 pm

You should submit that photo! It doesn’t hurt to try and win. :)

Thank you for sharing your “girls night out” story. It sounds like you and your friends had a blast!
Shannon recently posted..From OTE: A gift from the heart

6 Khushboo Thadani July 18, 2012 at 12:40 am

I was in Vegas 3 years ago for my cousin’s wedding and oh man- the energy was unbelievable – love that place!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Chicken Avocado Tartine

7 Linz @ Itz Linz July 18, 2012 at 7:37 am

Sounds awesome! Never been to Vegas, but hopefully will someday! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz WIAW!

8 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 18, 2012 at 8:50 am

Sounds like you guys had a great time! And I love your dress!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #6

9 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction July 18, 2012 at 9:16 am

That looks like so much fun! I remember when I went to Miami with my two best girl friends, boy was that a blast! You look gorgeous in all those pictures by the way!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake

10 Katie July 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

I think it’s only HEALTHY and appropriate for every girl to have a girls night once a week! My friends and I all have commitments that take up a lot of time but we always plan one night a week for dinner, drinks, and complete randomness; it’s a great way to stay in touch when life gets in the way! Cute pics!
Katie recently posted..Day 41

11 Bek @ Crave July 18, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Vegas is definitely on my travel list!