So Chill

by Courtney on July 18, 2012

Codester wanted to wish you all a very Happy Wednesday this morning.

He’s been so chill this morning…I’m just waiting for his inner party animal to bust out some crazy cat sprints up and down the hallway. I’m sure it’ll be any minute now. Winking smile

*****

As soon as I got up this morning, I brewed a batch of iced coffee, poured it into my favorite engagement glass, then let it cool a bit in the fridge while I caught up on some emails and put together a couple of client training plans.

A little while later, it was time to eat…

It’s Waffle Wednesday! (right, Hillary?)

I went with the same combo as Monday and it was just as delicious as I remembered.

It has now officially taken me almost an hour to write this post this morning because I cannot seem to get my brain to focus on one thing. Holy cow…time to buckle down and be productive!

Random Question for the Morning:

What famous person do other people tell you that you most resemble?

Ones I’ve gotten in the past…not all of which I agree: Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years, Alicia Silverstone, and Leighton Meester

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

I had waffles topped with yogurt this morning – such a good combination! I can see the Winnie Cooper resemblance – gosh I used to LOVE that show!

2 Victoria (District Chocoholic) July 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

MORE CODY PICS
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Perfect Fuel Chocolate

3 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 10:16 am

LOL, I’ll try my best ;)

4 Michelle Hunt July 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

Leighton definitely! I don’t think I look like any…but Alyson Hannigan was mentioned once…
Michelle Hunt recently posted..Fitness & Food Fun

5 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed July 18, 2012 at 9:13 am

you could be Leighton’s double. For reals. Even your body type.

I get Emmy Rossum. I think it’s the nose. Or the curly hair….when I let it go curly.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Ginger Girls Are French Fry Peddlers.

6 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats July 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

I ALWAYS get Alicia Silverstone!! Weird…she must have common genes or something lol

7 Jill D. July 18, 2012 at 9:15 am

I get Brooklyn Decker all the time!! Or Reese Witherspoon.

8 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oooo, just from looking at your gravatar, I could see that!

9 Faith @ For the Health of It July 18, 2012 at 9:18 am

I could see all of those stars in you, all rolled into one.

My ex told me I looked like Amy Adams (when I had red hair). I wasn’t to thrilled since the movie we were watching (the fighter) had her portrayed as kind of a schlub.

10 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 10:19 am

Haha…I’m a celebrity mash-up! ;)
And besides Amy Adams in that movie (I agree, sort of schlub, lol) she’s super cute! :)

11 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 18, 2012 at 9:19 am

Punky Brewster. Seriously. Not the actress, the 6 year old fictional character.

Sometimes Alanis Morresette or Shannon Doughtery.
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Sweat Pink & July Fitness Check In

12 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes July 18, 2012 at 9:20 am

I can definitely see Leighton! People tell me I look like Katherine Heigl during her 27 Dresses/red hair days :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..The Return of Speedwork

13 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

YES! I can see that!!

14 Khushboo July 18, 2012 at 9:27 am

I wouldn’t mind being told I look like Alicia silverstone ;)
Khushboo recently posted..Chicken Avocado Tartine

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 18, 2012 at 9:31 am

i had waffles this morning again too. ;) waffle wednesday it is!

i’ve been told by quite a few people that I resemble Natalie Portman, especially if/when my hair is a little darker. i’ll take it! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #43: Breakfast All Day?

16 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat July 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

I always get Carrie Underwood. My sister in law always tells me I look like her.
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Chicken Lentil Soup

17 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

I can definitely see the Leighton Meester thing with you! I sometimes get Eva Longoria but only when I’m tan and my hair is up.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Must Take Photos!…

18 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets July 18, 2012 at 9:49 am

You are definitely a Leighton Meester look alike .. but I think you’re more pretty! ;)

I’ve been told I resemble Taylor Momsen (without the crazy eye make up/gothic look) and a much younger version of Naomi Watts!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..Best Pre-Workout Fuel

19 Katie July 18, 2012 at 9:50 am

OK I’ve gotten some weird ones too.
-Someone once told me I look like Katie Holmes. I’ll take it!
-One of my subcontractors @ work once told me that everyone in HIS garage thinks I look like Jennifer Garner and they call me Jen when they “talk about me” (ok, creepsters). Wasn’t thrilling b/c I think she looks funny, but if she can pull Ben Affleck, I’ll take it!
-Just last night when we were watching Watch What Happens Live, my bf told me that I have the “same shape face” as Tiffani Thiessen. Lol. I’ll take that, too!

Just an FYI, I’m not trying to be all “ooh, I’m cute, I’m cute”–I really don’t even resemble any of these lovely ladies!

20 Danica @ It's Progression July 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

I’ve actually never been told that I look like a celebrity! Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing? haha I definitely see how people could think you look like Leighton Meester though.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #30: Massages for Health

21 Lauren B. July 18, 2012 at 10:01 am

Recently, I’ve gotten several comments that I look just like January Jones from Mad Men. I’ve also gotten Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Garner a few times. Oh, and the news anchor on Fox News- Meghan something. It’s always fun to hear the different perceptions!

22 Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} July 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

hehe, yes it is certainly waffle wednesday!! i just finished my 2 toaster waffles topped with almond butter, banana, cinnamon, honey and pumpkin seeds :) :)

23 Whitney July 18, 2012 at 10:04 am

I’ve only gotten Kelly Ripa…don’t think that’s accurate but I’ll take it because she’s one tough momma! :)

24 Kelli July 18, 2012 at 10:05 am

I can see the Leighton and Winnie resemblances but not overwhelmingly similar. I always have people telling me that I look like Alanis Morrisette. I would add a picture if I knew how to do it!

25 Willemijn @ Run Eat Travel July 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

I got Hilary Duff for many years! Even a look alike iPhone app said I look like her!
Willemijn @ Run Eat Travel recently posted..Weekend Eats: Dining Out – Part Two

26 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 18, 2012 at 10:14 am

I get Amanda Peet all the time, which is odd. Also, I finally got around to reading my August issue of Fitness and saw your lovely pic in it! Congrats!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Checking Back In

27 Rachel July 18, 2012 at 10:32 am

I get Rachel McAdams allllllll the time… but I think it’s only because we have the same name ;) haha and I don’t brush my hair so it kinda looks like hers lol
Rachel recently posted..Meeting Officer Hair-Twirler

28 Catherine July 18, 2012 at 10:34 am

over the years (I’m 22), I’ve gotten a young Elizabeth Taylor from old men. which I’m happy with because she was very pretty. Young people agree with that if for some reason it comes up, I guess younger generations don’t really think of her in her young years though.

From younger people I’ve gotten Christina Aguilera when she is all CLEAN and looks good haha and also Demi Lovato.

29 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 18, 2012 at 10:38 am

I wrote a blog about this question not long ago.

I have been told on numerous occasions that I look like Victoria Justice from the Nickelodeon show “Victorious”. I can see some resemblance maybe but the fact that she is 14 years younger than me kind of throws it off in my opinion!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday # 5

30 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 18, 2012 at 10:40 am

I do see the Winnie Cooper. She’s beautiful, as are you! ;) I’ve gotten Julie Bowen from Modern Family from a few different people. Have a great Wednesday!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chicken, Quinoa and Fruit Salad and WIAW

31 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 18, 2012 at 10:42 am

Fun question! While growing up, my grandfather used to say Mary Tyler Moore.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Colorado Road Trip: The best cookie ever!

32 Kaelin July 18, 2012 at 10:45 am

Love waffles!! Today it was an overnight oats morning though.

I really get told I look like anyone or remind people of someone they know, but there have been several people who have told me I look like Faith Hill and Amanda Righetti (the redhead on The Mentalist and The O.C.). I am not quite sure about either of them, but they are both beautiful so I will take it! Haha

33 Kaelin July 18, 2012 at 10:45 am

*rarely not really

34 Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles July 18, 2012 at 10:49 am

I’ve been told I look like Jennifer Garner or Shannen Elizabeth (I don’t really see either!). When I was younger, I was told I looked like Molly Ringwald (hello, awkward!!) and sometimes get Lisa Loeb just because I wear glasses.

You could also pass for Minka Kelly!!

Side note – I clicked through to your engagement glass post and onto your wedding website, and we have the same website theme and layout (only with different colors) :)
Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday {Weekend Update}

35 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 10:51 am

Awwww, how fun!! :)

36 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 18, 2012 at 11:14 am

I’ve been told I lok like Jennifer Aniston or Daryl Hannah when she was in Splash.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Corn Chowder

37 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife July 18, 2012 at 11:31 am

I have gotten Tia & Tamara from Sister, Sister on numerous occasions as well as Tyra Banks. Super random!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Seared Ahi Tuna on Avocado Mash

38 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 11:40 am

I get Reese Witherspoon all the time. Not complaining, I love that lady!!

39 Shannon July 18, 2012 at 11:40 am

I haven’t eaten waffles for years now that I think about it.. haha it’s never something I think about having in the morning! I should definitely get back on that because I sued to love them as a kid!

I get Sandra Bullock a lot!

40 Lauren July 18, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hi Courtney! I just found you through Twitter and am really enjoying your blog! I too have been told I look like Alicia Silverstone (she must have universal features ;-)), but the main one I get told is Michelle Pfeiffer.

41 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

Hi Lauren! Welcome to the blog – thanks for checking it out!
(and yes, I could see the Michelle Pfeiffer resemblance!) ;)

42 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 18, 2012 at 11:42 am

I’ve been told Jenna Fischer multiple times!

Not a celebrity, but whenever you post a picture of your friend Joelle, I always think “man, I look a lot like her!” haha I’ve showed my husband & he’s like ehhh, not so much, but I think so! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..DIY – Toilet Paper Roll Cover

43 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 11:50 am

OMG, it’s so funny you say that because I always think the SAME EXACT THING!! :-D

44 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 18, 2012 at 11:50 am

Hilary Swank and Jennifer Garner….I don’t agree with mine either!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Oh So Subtle

45 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 18, 2012 at 11:52 am

Cody is the cutest! I used to get told I looked like mary kate and ashley olsen when I was younger! Everyone thought I looked like Michelle from full house!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I ate Wednesday (Plus some CrossFit)

46 Molly Ritterbeck July 18, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I love the kitty! I can’t have one as my hubby is allergic :( But we do have our dog Tanner! I don’t know that I have ever been told I look like someone! Huh! I will just take that as it is! :)
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..KLUTCHClub Awesome Deal News!!!!!

47 Lydia July 18, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I always get Amy Smart!

48 Lydia July 18, 2012 at 12:24 pm

And Scarlett Johansson!!
Lydia recently posted..July Slim Down Day 2 & 3

49 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 18, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Velma – from Scooby Doo. I’m still recovering.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My Ultimate Girls Night Out

50 Kellie July 18, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I was wondering where do you buy your chia seeds and what is a good brand of waffle to eat.

51 Courtney July 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I got my chia seeds from GNC, and the waffles I have right now are Eggo Nutrigrain Honey and Oat. I also love Van’s waffles too

52 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre July 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Leighton Meester! Yes- I totally see it! I get Blake Lively a lot…so we’re both Gossip Girls! :)

I also get Jennifer Aniston (only when my hair is up for some reason) and Brittany Snow.
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..WIAW: Produce Overload + 5K PR

53 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Interesting question!

When I was younger (like 14-15) I got Julia Stiles from her Ten Things I Hate About You era. I haven’t heard any in the last several years though – I guess I’m unique!

One of my friends more or less is Kat Dennings (Two Broke Girls, Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist). Looks, sounds and acts exactly like her – I’m convinced it’s a long list twin sort of situation.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Better When Plated.

54 Julie July 18, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Awww hi, Cody! Scout is also chill today. He’s learned how to toss his toy mice in the air and kinda play fetch with himself when I’m doing other stuff. Except it’s so adorable that I end up stopping to play with him! Sneaky fella.

My cheerleaders used to say I looked like Jennifer Aniston (well, “Rachel from Friends”), but I think we just have the same coloring.
Julie recently posted..It’s Dangerous

55 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 18, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I get told I look like Danielle Fischelle (Topanga from Boys Meet World) A LOT! I don’t see but everyone else does. LOL!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Feeling Funky?

56 Sarah July 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Ive gotten carly pope a bunch of times and and jennifer connelly
Sarah recently posted..Hand Painted Toms

57 michelle July 18, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Has anyone ever told you that you look a little like Helen from Brisdemaids?

58 raquel July 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm

agree!!

59 erica July 18, 2012 at 3:59 pm

i totally see the leighton meester and winnie cooper!

i get lucy liu and lisa ling.
erica recently posted..three-oh

60 Amanda Brezgel July 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I definitely think you look like Leighton Meester! :) I remember seeing your pic the first time I visited your blog and had to try to figure out who it was you looked like. I’ve never been told I look like anyone famous… Boo! :(

61 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 19, 2012 at 8:45 am

I can definitely see Leighton Meester!! I love her, she is one of my favorites.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #6

62 Anna Childs August 2, 2012 at 1:47 am

I like your cat. Your cat is so cute. I love cat and I have my cat at home. Your food is delicious.
Anna Childs recently posted..Sex and Herbs to Boost Man’s Libido