On To Book Two

You guys are great. Seriously.

I just knew you’d be able to figure out the Twitter name I was pulling for!

You’ve all helped blow the twitter handle @TheMrSweetTooth right out of the water which, of course, was my choice. I don’t know if Jay was just feeling lucky last night or what, but he’s now getting some “cold feet” about the overwhelming winning vote. Obviously, I’m not going to make him choose it if he doesn’t want to, buuuut it would be pretty fun, wouldn’t it? Winking smile

Either way, I’ll be sure to let ya know what he does pick when it happens…that way, if he decides to wimp out you’ll all be able to badger chat with him.

So this morning, I made myself a quick breakfast before having to head out the door.

Another cereal combo was calling my name, which is always a quick and easy option. On the side, I made a horrific attempt at adding some hot cocoa mix to my iced coffee, hence the reason it looks so awful.

I assumed that pouring the hot coffee over the hot cocoa mix would make it dissolve easily enough, but the ice cooled it off too quick. Definitely wasn’t the best morning joe I’ve ever had.

So why did I have to be out and about early this morning? It was massage day, baby!

Remember last month when I was all psyched about my appointment, only to find out I went on the wrong day? Well today was finally the day and WOW, was it needed. My neck and shoulders are an utter mess. The masseuse spent almost the entire time on my upper back, neck and shoulders, and it felt glorious…so much so that I made another appointment for next month. She was great!

Once I got home, I spent about 45 minutes while multitasking on the treadmill – walking + reading is where it’s at.

And check it out…I’m on to book two. I finished up book one yesterday and jumped right into book two. Oh man, I love it. I am, however, totally over the extreme overuse of “murmer” every other paragraph. I mean, really? There’s a thesaurus for that.

Obviously though, it’s not bothering me enough to keep me from reading.

A little while later, it was lunch tiiiiime.

Another yummy turkey and avocado salad, with cucumbers, shredded carrots, garden tomatoes, dried cranberries, and Italian dressing.

Now, it’s time to do some laundry and catch up on some more of that darn book other work that’s waiting for me. Smile

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend? Who’s doin’ the Friday Dance with me??

1. briana says

Just finished all three of the books and I have to see even though I got sick of the repetition I am sad its over!

I’ve thought the same thing about the Thesaurus! “Murmurs” is not the only word repeated over and over again, but like you I guess it didn’t bother me that much because I’m on book two, too. 😉
    Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Healthy Fats

Im doing the Friday dance because this may very well be my last week of unemployment!!! I remember reading your post on Peanut Butter Fingers about your unemployment and I relating to the I need to put real clothes on and do my hair part.

Next Friday I have a dinner meeting with my potential future boss. He is taking my husband and I out to dinner…hopefully followed by a job offer.
    Laura recently posted..0.5 short and Cheaters Chicken Parm

4. pat says

Finished book 3 on the beach today, and I’m sorry it is over : ( Literature, no, but a good summer read…absolutely!

This weekend is going to be a busy one. I have to catch up on class homework, and I’m celebrating my birthday a couple of days early (since I have class on my birthday :( ). I’m either going to see Venus Williams play at HVCC tomorrow night- if I can get tickets- or if tickets aren’t available, I’m spending the day Sunday at the track for the hat show and winning money off the horses. Also, I get my birthday dinner Sunday night since I have class on my birthday on Monday.

My friend and I both read 50 Shades and she rolled her eyes at her fiance last night, so of course there was a comment made about his twitching palm… haha! The boys were like uhhh what??
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Handstand Fun

7. Cheri says

The use of her inner goddess is also a bit much, especially in book two It actually drove me a bit nuts. I’m happy to say the inner goddess was more low key in book three.

oh man, I’ve been doing a vacation bible school for 3 days straight and tonight doesn’t seem likke Friday at all! All my days are overlapping and I feel delirious…lol! A massage sounds kinda cool! but “ticklish”. I’m realllyyyyy ticklish….:P
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Working on My Passions

9. Jessica Kane says

I started book 2 last Saturday and I was also thinking the same thing about the overuse of the word murmur, I thought I was the only one. From what I can tell so far and what I’ve heard is books 2 and 3 have less gory details and more story line.

I’m so pumped the weekend has finally come!
    Glad your enjoying the books, I just can’t get over how corny they are.
    And I’m pretty stoked I’ll be spending the night with my best girlfriends tomorrow for drinks.
    Lisa recently posted..Changing Fit

11. Katie says

Just like you are over “murmur”, i was over her breath “hitching”–like once a page!! I am not moving on to 2 & 3 but i am glad i gave it a shot to see what all the hype was about.

I’m onto the second book too! Are you slightly freaked out by that woman yet like me? I love how the first book ended- it made you want, no need that second book pronto.
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Where I am