On To Book Two

by Courtney on July 20, 2012

You guys are great. Seriously.

I just knew you’d be able to figure out the Twitter name I was pulling for!

You’ve all helped blow the twitter handle @TheMrSweetTooth right out of the water which, of course, was my choice. I don’t know if Jay was just feeling lucky last night or what, but he’s now getting some “cold feet” about the overwhelming winning vote. Obviously, I’m not going to make him choose it if he doesn’t want to, buuuut it would be pretty fun, wouldn’t it? Winking smile

Either way, I’ll be sure to let ya know what he does pick when it happens…that way, if he decides to wimp out you’ll all be able to badger chat with him.

*****

So this morning, I made myself a quick breakfast before having to head out the door.

Another cereal combo was calling my name, which is always a quick and easy option. On the side, I made a horrific attempt at adding some hot cocoa mix to my iced coffee, hence the reason it looks so awful.

I assumed that pouring the hot coffee over the hot cocoa mix would make it dissolve easily enough, but the ice cooled it off too quick. Definitely wasn’t the best morning joe I’ve ever had.

So why did I have to be out and about early this morning? It was massage day, baby!

Remember last month when I was all psyched about my appointment, only to find out I went on the wrong day? Well today was finally the day and WOW, was it needed. My neck and shoulders are an utter mess. The masseuse spent almost the entire time on my upper back, neck and shoulders, and it felt glorious…so much so that I made another appointment for next month. She was great!

Once I got home, I spent about 45 minutes while multitasking on the treadmill – walking + reading is where it’s at.

And check it out…I’m on to book two. I finished up book one yesterday and jumped right into book two. Oh man, I love it. I am, however, totally over the extreme overuse of “murmer” every other paragraph. I mean, really? There’s a thesaurus for that.

Obviously though, it’s not bothering me enough to keep me from reading.

A little while later, it was lunch tiiiiime.

Another yummy turkey and avocado salad, with cucumbers, shredded carrots, garden tomatoes, dried cranberries, and Italian dressing.

Now, it’s time to do some laundry and catch up on some more of that darn book other work that’s waiting for me. Smile

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend? Who’s doin’ the Friday Dance with me??

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Okay – you’re really making me want to give the second book a shot even though I wasn’t the hugest fan of the first.. We’ll see! I’m doing the Friday Dance! Two more hours and I’m running away from this desk and off to Maine for a weekend on the beach!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Lemon Yogurt Pasta with Zucchini and Summer Squash

2 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Definitely doing the Friday Dance! :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Ease the Pain: Topical Pain Reliever Review

3 briana July 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Just finished all three of the books and I have to see even though I got sick of the repetition I am sad its over!

4 briana July 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Oops say

5 Sana July 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Great, now I am going to want to read 50 shades! I thought everyone hated it!
Sana recently posted..Ramadan Mubarak!

6 Annette@FitnessPerks July 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Hahaa love that Twitter handle. That’s awesome!

Walking and reading is my FAV! I love multi-tasking :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Love the Olympics Survey

7 Rachel July 20, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I’m doing the Friday dance haha

loooove the twitter handle LOL
Rachel recently posted..Giant Wrinkly Raisin Toes

8 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com July 20, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I finished all 3 in a week…it was bad, lol! I was staying up late, reading before work, reading during lunch breaks…totally addicted, haha. Glad you’re liking them too!
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Round 2

9 Julie July 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Ha! I noticed the “murmur” thing right away in the first book and pointed it out to my mom, who then got SO mad at me because it was the only word she could see on every page from then on. :-P
Julie recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately

10 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 20, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’ve thought the same thing about the Thesaurus! “Murmurs” is not the only word repeated over and over again, but like you I guess it didn’t bother me that much because I’m on book two, too. ;)
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Healthy Fats

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I have to admit, I’ve been avoiding Shades of Grey because I heard the actual writing was horrible! I may cave at some point though & read them!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 20

12 Laura July 20, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Im doing the Friday dance because this may very well be my last week of unemployment!!! I remember reading your post on Peanut Butter Fingers about your unemployment and I relating to the I need to put real clothes on and do my hair part.

Next Friday I have a dinner meeting with my potential future boss. He is taking my husband and I out to dinner…hopefully followed by a job offer.
Laura recently posted..0.5 short and Cheaters Chicken Parm

13 Courtney July 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Yes! Congrats on the dinner meeting, Laura…wishing you the best! :)

14 pat July 20, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Finished book 3 on the beach today, and I’m sorry it is over : ( Literature, no, but a good summer read…absolutely!

15 Shannon July 20, 2012 at 4:55 pm

This weekend is going to be a busy one. I have to catch up on class homework, and I’m celebrating my birthday a couple of days early (since I have class on my birthday :( ). I’m either going to see Venus Williams play at HVCC tomorrow night- if I can get tickets- or if tickets aren’t available, I’m spending the day Sunday at the track for the hat show and winning money off the horses. Also, I get my birthday dinner Sunday night since I have class on my birthday on Monday.

16 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 20, 2012 at 5:32 pm

That salad looks amazing!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Moving On

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 20, 2012 at 5:47 pm

i totally forgot to order the second book, so now i’m waiting around for it to show up! can’t wait for it to get here!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..How To Get Into A Fitness Routine

18 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing July 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I just finished the 2nd book and bought the 3rd one on my Kindle. Looking forward to reading it this weekend! :)
Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing recently posted..Weight Loss Challenge

19 Linz @ Itz Linz July 20, 2012 at 6:34 pm

My friend and I both read 50 Shades and she rolled her eyes at her fiance last night, so of course there was a comment made about his twitching palm… haha! The boys were like uhhh what??
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Handstand Fun

20 Cheri July 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm

The use of her inner goddess is also a bit much, especially in book two It actually drove me a bit nuts. I’m happy to say the inner goddess was more low key in book three.

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Love dried cranberries – I used to put them in salads all the time, I need to get back in that habit!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Blueberries Are Your Friend.

22 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 20, 2012 at 8:24 pm

oh man, I’ve been doing a vacation bible school for 3 days straight and tonight doesn’t seem likke Friday at all! All my days are overlapping and I feel delirious…lol! A massage sounds kinda cool! but “ticklish”. I’m realllyyyyy ticklish….:P
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Working on My Passions

23 Jessica Kane July 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I started book 2 last Saturday and I was also thinking the same thing about the overuse of the word murmur, I thought I was the only one. From what I can tell so far and what I’ve heard is books 2 and 3 have less gory details and more story line.

24 Lisa July 21, 2012 at 12:04 am

I’m so pumped the weekend has finally come!
Glad your enjoying the books, I just can’t get over how corny they are.
And I’m pretty stoked I’ll be spending the night with my best girlfriends tomorrow for drinks.
Lisa recently posted..Changing Fit

25 Katie July 21, 2012 at 12:17 am

Just like you are over “murmur”, i was over her breath “hitching”–like once a page!! I am not moving on to 2 & 3 but i am glad i gave it a shot to see what all the hype was about.

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 21, 2012 at 12:19 am

Super jealous of your massage day! It’s on my “Summer Bucket List” and I have yet to make it happen!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

27 Khushboo July 21, 2012 at 12:36 am

My aunt (haha I know I know) lent me all 3 books. I started the first one yday and am already hooked…I haven’t even reached the ‘interesting’ parts yet!
Khushboo recently posted..Freestylin’

28 Willemijn @ Run Eat Travel July 21, 2012 at 4:57 am

You’re right about the overuse of the word ‘murmur’ in the book. But also ‘he cocks his head to one side’ and the ‘double crap’. But yes, still a good book! I’m still in the first one.
Willemijn @ Run Eat Travel recently posted.."If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

29 Jolynn July 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

I just finished book one and am heading to buy book 2 today!

30 Bek @ Crave July 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I’m onto the second book too! Are you slightly freaked out by that woman yet like me? I love how the first book ended- it made you want, no need that second book pronto.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Where I am

31 Sarah July 26, 2012 at 7:27 am

I am on book three and the most overused word in this one is ” INVADE” HA….. oh my ;)
Sarah recently posted..Hair FUN