Vote For Jay’s New Twitter Handle

All I can say is thank goodness my appetite came back for dinner last night, because there was some good stuff happenin’ between our kitchen and grill last night!

Our good friends Joe & Kate came over right after work for an evening of pizza on the grill (we’re such creatures of habit) and hanging out by the pool. They brought over a yummy veggie platter and some crackers with a walnut and feta dip, so we all munched on those while working on the pizzas.

Usually when Jay and I make a pizza for ourselves, we cut a typical dough into two and just make two different types of pizza. The dough I got yesterday, however, appeared to be a bit smaller, so for some reason I figured I should get three balls of dough: two regular and one garlic and herb.

As it turned out, the dough really wasn’t much smaller than usual, so we had quite the abundance of pizza!

Getting things ready…

Coming off the grill…

Because our pizzas were so large, we had to cook them one at a time, but by the time all three were done? Mannnn, did I want to dive in head first!

We had a veggie pizza, with peppers, onions, broccoli, and artichokes.

A BBQ chicken pizza topped with bbq sauce, onions, chicken, and cheese.

And, my favorite, a white pizza (well, almost – I put a teeny bit of sauce on) with fresh tomato slices, fresh mozzarella slices, and basil from the garden on the garlic and herb crust.

Because it was such a nice evening, we all dined out on the patio, and as I was coming back outside, I could not help but notice the fact that each and every one of them was taking a photo of their food. This grilled pizza was plastered all over Twitter, Instagram, AND Facebook last night. LOVED it! Winking smile

I started out with a slice of each, but I was seriously ravenous and those three just didn’t cut it, so I went back for more.

My appetite had definitely come back in full force and was making up for lost time from earlier in the day. Wow.

After dinner, we headed out to hang out poolside. Well, poolside for me…in the pool for them. I don’t know what it is, but I’m not much of a pool person after dusk. I’d rather have the sun beating down on me to be swimming.

So while they enjoyed the pool, I manned the poolside brownies. Winking smile

I threw together a box of low-fat brownies (in my latest baking pan!) and topped them with a homemade vanilla cream frosting and some cherry cordial M&M’s (I had the bag leftover from Christmas). They were goooooood.

While we were all hanging out by the pool, we got talking quite a bit about Twitter. Joey was saying that he doesn’t have too many people following him, so I thought it’d be fun to see how many people we could get to follow him today! His twitter name is @jman0312, so if you feel so inclined, go ahead and give him a follow. He’s a cool cat.

Even more important, however, is the fact that Jay has finally decided that he needs to suck it up and join. We always joke around and give him a hard time for not being on it and being so “out of the loop,” so I think he finally had enough of our bantering. But here’s the fun thing…

We all decided that it would be fun to have YOU determine this guy’s Twitter name fate.

Between the four of us, we came up with three different possibilities, and whichever one ends up getting the most votes, he agreed to make that his Twitter handle. So here’s the choices:

1. @JayHo1314
    2. @RealEffenJay
    3. @TheMrSweetTooth

One of those choices was my creation, but I’m not allowed to say which one. Oh yes…and another one of the choices is also not meant to be vulgar – “Effen” is a brand of vodka that Jay enjoys.

Sooooo…will you help us choose a Twitter handle for Jay so he can finally jump on the bandwagon? Winking smile

Comments

Hi there Courtney, I’ve been a reader for your blog for over a year now and today, I thought I should chime in.

I’m 110% in love with his new handle being choice number 2: @realeffenjay!
    Laura recently posted..Chemical change

2. Kattreena says

@TheMrSweetTooth HAS to be his name! Haha that’s seriously the best name! I’m sure you had nothing to do with that one! ;)

All your pizza looks delicious! Do you put something down on your grill before placing the pizza on it so it doesn’t stick?
    I vote for @TheMrSweetTooth :)

4. TheBloggersBrother says

He better not make his handle MrSweetTooth… seriously… How about.. AmbiJayStrous bc he can do everything both handed?

5. Jill says

def. @MrSweetTooth !!

those pizzas look amazing!!! i am going to try that this weekend. I always do pizzas in the oven but i bet they are great on the grill!!!!

6. Alexandra says

MrSweetTooth of course!! Seriously, how could any of your blog readers NOT choose that one? haha too funny!

7. Jess says

I think I might be the only one that likes @JayHo haha. It just reminds me of the old school “heeeeey hoooo” in 90’s songs haha. But of course @MrSweetTooth has to be the winner. What a trooper that hubby of yours is (:

Those pizzas look delicious :) I love pizza on the grill. My vote is for the mrsweettooth ;)
    I am now going to have to go home and make brownies too.

so much goodness in this post! every time you post about grilling pizza i want to do it SO bad. however, we don’t have a grill right now. but it always looks so amazing.

love the twitter names! im partial to #2 only because i saw effin’ all the time. but #3 is super cute. of course.

how are those special K crackers? i’m always intrigued to pick a box up but never do.
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Eating 4 Balance

Those grilled pizzas look delicious! I like that they’re big because you can have as much as you want of the three different kinds. Which one was your creation and which were the rest of the gang’s?

I think Jay’s Twitter handle should be @TheMrSweetTooth. I like them all but that one has to be my favorite. :)

JayHo made me laugh so I am for that one. But from a quick look at the comments above me I think MrSweetTooth has totally got it.

Tell him he is not alone in the lack of Twitter. I dont have one either. I tried when it first came out but I could never make it work. One of these days I might jump on the bandwagon.
    Laura recently posted..0.5 short and Cheaters Chicken Parm

12. Krista says

Those pizzas look great! You should think about putting up a little grilled pizza tutorial (if you haven’t already)! And my vote is for Mr.Sweettooth :)

• Amanda Brezgel says

PLEASE do a grilled pizza tutorial! My first grilled pizza burnt so bad that we (my fiance and I) had to scrap off the toppings & cheese and make awesome panini sandwiches.

13. Teresa says

I vote @RealEffenJay

You should try pesto on a pizza instead of sauce. It’s amazing! I usually grill a white pizza with pesto, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and broccoli. Even my hubby loves it!