Stuffed.

Wow. Such a fun and BUSY weekend! By the time I got back home last night, it was almost 9pm and I realized that I’d already missed the whole first hour of The Bachelorette. Crap (although I hear I didn’t miss too much). I had a feeling she was going to pick who she did (no spoilers, in case anyone DVR’d!) but I will say that I was secretly hoping that she was going to say no to both Jef AND Arie, and then bring Sean back. Ehh…no such luck.

Anyway…you guys didn’t miss much around here this weekend, since most of my time was spent away from this ‘ol computer:

So now let’s get ya caught up on yesterday! Later in the afternoon, I had plans to meet up with some of the girls for lunch (before Rachel left for her honeymoon, lucky duck!) and we met up at The Whistling Kettle. The one and only other time I’d been there was back in March of 2011, so I was excited to be back again.

IMG_3884IMG_3886

Of course, I had to get the “full effect,” so I ordered the “Make Your Own Afternoon Tea” again, which includes a choice of sandwich/quiche/crepe, soup/salad, dessert, and unlimited iced tea.

For my first course, I stuck with a regular house salad with a Greek vinaigrette with feta in it, which was fantastic.

For my main course, I decided to go way out in left field and ordered the Ratatouille Crepe.

The last time I had a crepe was actually when we were down in Mexico (gosh, remember those things?!?), but I don’t think I’ve ever tried a savory crepe. This one was filled with roasted eggplant, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and a bunch (almost too much) feta cheese. Besides the heavy handed feta, it was definitely a great choice.

For dessert, I had ordered their mixed berry scone, since I loved it so much the last time, but it turns out another waiter had given away the last one before out waitress could make our orders…go figure.

Instead, I got their chocolate chocolate berry(?) scone which, honestly, was just as good and I still devoured the whole thing.

The girls and I spent over three hours sitting at lunch, mostly reminiscing about last weekend’s festivities, and also just catching up in general. Put us girls together and we could talk foreverrrrrrr. Winking smile

I ended up leaving lunch more stuffed than ever, which was not smart on my part…seeing as though Jay and I were headed to my in-laws house for dinner as soon as I got back home. Luckily, we all hung out and chatted for a bit before actually sitting down for dinner.

On the menu was crockpot BBQ pulled pork, salad, and my mom-in-law’s macaroni salad. Everything was delicious, and had I not still been stuffed, I definitely would have gone back for seconds.

I did, however, manage to have room for a teensy bit of dessert…

Homemade brownie + ice cream = Heaven.

By the time I got home last night, I was feeling absolutely UGH. After three different meals eaten out over the weekend (and decent sized ones, at that) my entire body just felt sluggish and gross. I know you guys know what I’m talkin’ about.

I woke up this morning and made sure to squeeze in my workout (40 minutes of cardio + 20 minutes yoga) before enjoying the breakfast I had prepped and waiting for me in the fridge.

A glass of iced coffee + a batch of overnight oats in a jar, made with oats (duh), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, mashed banana, blueberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Delicious, indeed.

Now it’s about time to go take care of all those usual Monday things!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?

Any Christian Grey fans out there?? Winking smile

Comments

1. briana says

Definately a Christian Grey fan! Have you seen the poster for the movie floating around it shows Ian Somerholder from Vampire Diaries as Christian….hmmm not sure if I agree or not check it out, but I’m pretty sure its a fake for now.

That crepe and scone looks soo good! I love scones! Mmm I wouldnt mind if Christian Grey came to life, I have a feeling I am going to be disappointed with who they cast to play him in the movie though.

Definitely a Christian Grey fan! Sounds like you had a great weekend with family, friends, and good food! I know what you mean though…eating out a lot can leave you in a food coma, lol. I got like that on our family cruises…I couldn’t wait for a simple, homemade meal, haha. Have a great day! :)
    Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Redemption

4. Julie says

Although i’m also a big fan of The Whistling Kettle, next time you’re in B Spa you might want to try The Iron Roost too. They do yummy waffles :)

5. Whitney says

I think Emily made the right decision last night!! She needed someone with an edge. Maybe Sean will be the next Bachelor?? :)

Haha! Yes, we girls know how to talk up a storm :). That’s what makes us so great! We can sit around a table for hours on end and be completely entertained.
    Ooh that ratatouille crepe looks so good! And I like how you had room for that dessert at the very end. That space always miraculously appears at the sight of something sweet ;).

I’ve finished reading Divergent and Insurgent recently..and would LOVE to see Tobias!
    Min recently posted..Hello world! I’m Kona!

I experienced the “too stuffed” feeling this weekend, too. The food tastes amazing going down, but it leaves you feeling completely sluggish–I’m glad it’s Monday so “normal eating” can resume. :)

I absolutely love Pride and Prejudice (anything Jane Austen, really), and bringing any and/or all of the characters to life would be too funny. Any other Mr. Darcy fans? Ha!
    Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Write It Down, Do It Up – Week of July 22

8. ashley says

Do you always make the oiaj the night before or ar oiaj and the overnight oiaj actually two different things. I hope that wasn’t confusing i’m just trying to make sure i understand because i’ve got a almost empty pb jar just waiting for me to try it.

Loved those books. I have a question for anyone who see this :. Are u guys ever scared or worried bout ur post ?? Because some weirdos might read or follow u ? I’m new at bloggin . Just wondering.

• Courtney says

I guess it’s something you always think about a little bit, so that’s why I (along with what I’m sure is many others) am selective as to how much information I blog about :)

It is possible to be too heavy handed with feta cheese?! I LOVE the stuff and I put it on just about everything!! I have a feeling I would have been digging that crepe…

Christian Grey in real life. Ahhhh, if only!!! My husband probably wouldn’t be too thrilled with the idea, though 😉
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..110 Calories of DE-LICIOUS

11. Nicole says

Oh yum, I love the Whistling Kettle! I’ve only been once but it was SO good! I love the clotted cream and jam with the scones – reminds me so much of the traditional way they do it in England :)

Your lunch looks so good! And unlimited iced tea… can it get any better?!

I don’t usually read many fiction books. The Diary of Anne Frank has been a favorite of mine for a long time–if it was possible to sit down and hear her story first-hand would be so amazing.
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Tri Like Angels

I was so tempted to say I would want Peeta from the Hunger Games, but I’m not sure if I would like him as much as I like him with Katniss…and I officially feel like a total dork for contemplating this on your blog. Ha, maybe I’d bring back Stephanie Plum from the book series & movie One for the Money-she is hysterical!