Stuffed.

by Courtney on July 23, 2012

Wow. Such a fun and BUSY weekend! By the time I got back home last night, it was almost 9pm and I realized that I’d already missed the whole first hour of The Bachelorette. Crap (although I hear I didn’t miss too much). I had a feeling she was going to pick who she did (no spoilers, in case anyone DVR’d!) but I will say that I was secretly hoping that she was going to say no to both Jef AND Arie, and then bring Sean back. Ehh…no such luck.

Anyway…you guys didn’t miss much around here this weekend, since most of my time was spent away from this ‘ol computer:

So now let’s get ya caught up on yesterday! Later in the afternoon, I had plans to meet up with some of the girls for lunch (before Rachel left for her honeymoon, lucky duck!) and we met up at The Whistling Kettle. The one and only other time I’d been there was back in March of 2011, so I was excited to be back again.

IMG_3884IMG_3886

Of course, I had to get the “full effect,” so I ordered the “Make Your Own Afternoon Tea” again, which includes a choice of sandwich/quiche/crepe, soup/salad, dessert, and unlimited iced tea.

For my first course, I stuck with a regular house salad with a Greek vinaigrette with feta in it, which was fantastic.

For my main course, I decided to go way out in left field and ordered the Ratatouille Crepe.

The last time I had a crepe was actually when we were down in Mexico (gosh, remember those things?!?), but I don’t think I’ve ever tried a savory crepe. This one was filled with roasted eggplant, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and a bunch (almost too much) feta cheese. Besides the heavy handed feta, it was definitely a great choice.

For dessert, I had ordered their mixed berry scone, since I loved it so much the last time, but it turns out another waiter had given away the last one before out waitress could make our orders…go figure.

Instead, I got their chocolate chocolate berry(?) scone which, honestly, was just as good and I still devoured the whole thing.

The girls and I spent over three hours sitting at lunch, mostly reminiscing about last weekend’s festivities, and also just catching up in general. Put us girls together and we could talk foreverrrrrrr. Winking smile

I ended up leaving lunch more stuffed than ever, which was not smart on my part…seeing as though Jay and I were headed to my in-laws house for dinner as soon as I got back home. Luckily, we all hung out and chatted for a bit before actually sitting down for dinner.

On the menu was crockpot BBQ pulled pork, salad, and my mom-in-law’s macaroni salad. Everything was delicious, and had I not still been stuffed, I definitely would have gone back for seconds.

I did, however, manage to have room for a teensy bit of dessert…

Homemade brownie + ice cream = Heaven.

By the time I got home last night, I was feeling absolutely UGH. After three different meals eaten out over the weekend (and decent sized ones, at that) my entire body just felt sluggish and gross. I know you guys know what I’m talkin’ about.

I woke up this morning and made sure to squeeze in my workout (40 minutes of cardio + 20 minutes yoga) before enjoying the breakfast I had prepped and waiting for me in the fridge.

A glass of iced coffee + a batch of overnight oats in a jar, made with oats (duh), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, mashed banana, blueberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Delicious, indeed.

Now it’s about time to go take care of all those usual Monday things!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?

Any Christian Grey fans out there?? Winking smile

1 briana July 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Definately a Christian Grey fan! Have you seen the poster for the movie floating around it shows Ian Somerholder from Vampire Diaries as Christian….hmmm not sure if I agree or not check it out, but I’m pretty sure its a fake for now.

2 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 23, 2012 at 9:29 am

That lunch looks great! I’ve never had a savory crepe either, but it looks good!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..First 23 PAWS

3 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 23, 2012 at 9:33 am

Your food looks amazing! I’ve never had a crepe of any kind before and the bf keeps nagging me to make some!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Sunday Evening Photography

4 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 23, 2012 at 9:33 am

That crepe looks amazing! Is that ricotta cheese?
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Tips for Travelling

5 amy July 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

what a creative way to serve brunch! so cute on the pie stand thing too!
amy recently posted..Wake Up Call

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 23, 2012 at 9:37 am

What fun weekend! All of your eats look amaaaaazing! I definitely had one of those “ugh” weekends too. I suppose too many nights out and a few too many desserts will do that to you, huh? Enjoy your day Court!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Looking Through Positive Lens

7 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl July 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

I’m a fan of Christian Grey! I loved those books. I wish it wasn’t over. I’m starting a new book that I saw some people recommend called Bared to you. It’s the same Concept as Fifty Shades but better writing. ;)
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Learning to Shoe a Horse

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 23, 2012 at 9:42 am

That crepe and scone looks soo good! I love scones! Mmm I wouldnt mind if Christian Grey came to life, I have a feeling I am going to be disappointed with who they cast to play him in the movie though.

9 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

If I could bring one character to life from a fave book….hmm, this IS a hard question!

Elizabeth, from Pride & Prejudice. (she’s so smart!) Anne. (she would be such a good friend, I know it). Oh, how cliche, am I, but it’s true!
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..What’s in a vegan kitchen?

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes July 23, 2012 at 11:01 am

Janae, I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! Lizzie Bennet is one of my favorite heroine of all time :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Write It Down, Do It Up – Week of July 22

11 pat July 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

I would love to meet the Christian Grey from the 2nd and 3rd books….not necessarily the 1st one!

12 Danica @ It's Progression July 23, 2012 at 9:50 am

there’s ALWAYS room for dessert isn’t there?!
I wouldn’t mind having Noah from The Notebook around ;) p.s. don’t tell my husband haha
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Food, Inc.

13 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com July 23, 2012 at 9:54 am

Definitely a Christian Grey fan! Sounds like you had a great weekend with family, friends, and good food! I know what you mean though…eating out a lot can leave you in a food coma, lol. I got like that on our family cruises…I couldn’t wait for a simple, homemade meal, haha. Have a great day! :)
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Redemption

14 Faith @ For the Health of It July 23, 2012 at 9:54 am

The ratatouille crepe looks MINDBLOWING. And I love me some feta, so I can only imagine it’s a the more, the merrier situation!

15 Khushboo July 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

Omg, Courtney! I started reading 50 Shades this weekend and I am HOOKED- so trashy yet so good!
Khushboo recently posted..D is for Deficiency

16 Steph @ StephSnacks July 23, 2012 at 9:59 am

Ummm Christian Grey ALL the way. :P
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Stone Harbor

17 Julie July 23, 2012 at 10:05 am

Although i’m also a big fan of The Whistling Kettle, next time you’re in B Spa you might want to try The Iron Roost too. They do yummy waffles :)

18 Yellow Haired Girl July 23, 2012 at 10:06 am

Holy yum! And three magic words during the summer? “Unlimited iced tea”. :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Realizations

19 Whitney July 23, 2012 at 10:09 am

I think Emily made the right decision last night!! She needed someone with an edge. Maybe Sean will be the next Bachelor?? :)

20 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 23, 2012 at 10:10 am

Ugh, clearly I love eating but I hate that “I’m too stuffed” feeling! Just lethargic and gross.

I’d pick the mice from Cinderella – I’d be ok with them doing my cleaning and making me pretty dresses :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I Love That Annie.

21 Min July 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

Haha! Yes, we girls know how to talk up a storm :). That’s what makes us so great! We can sit around a table for hours on end and be completely entertained.
Ooh that ratatouille crepe looks so good! And I like how you had room for that dessert at the very end. That space always miraculously appears at the sight of something sweet ;).

I’ve finished reading Divergent and Insurgent recently..and would LOVE to see Tobias!
Min recently posted..Hello world! I’m Kona!

22 Rachel July 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

I would LOOOVE to bring Tobias/Four from Divergent to life.. love him haha

23 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

Ratatouille crepe! What an amazing idea! …..I am head over heels for this concept! It looks delicious!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy …. it does a body good {part I}

24 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

What a fabulous weekend! I certainly know that stuffed, “ugh,” feeling you’re thinking about, but I also certainly know how as stuffed as you feel how to manage to fit in dessert! :) Have a great day Courtney!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Honored and Humbled…Twice

25 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

Looks like a delicious meal out and that dessert looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to catch up on the bachelorette from last night! I’m with you though I think she should have brought back Sean!!!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday!!!

26 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes July 23, 2012 at 11:04 am

I experienced the “too stuffed” feeling this weekend, too. The food tastes amazing going down, but it leaves you feeling completely sluggish–I’m glad it’s Monday so “normal eating” can resume. :)

I absolutely love Pride and Prejudice (anything Jane Austen, really), and bringing any and/or all of the characters to life would be too funny. Any other Mr. Darcy fans? Ha!

27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

Dam Girl, everything looks amazing! I want to eat it all!! What a great weekend!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cherry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

28 ashley July 23, 2012 at 11:55 am

Do you always make the oiaj the night before or ar oiaj and the overnight oiaj actually two different things. I hope that wasn’t confusing i’m just trying to make sure i understand because i’ve got a almost empty pb jar just waiting for me to try it.

29 Courtney July 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Both ways! Overnight I eat them cold, day of they’re hot :)

30 Shannon July 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Willa Havisham from Coleen Murtagh Paratore’s Willa Series

31 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Love girls’ lunches! I know how it is…you start chatting and before you know it several hours have passed!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Marvelous Monday, a workout and a recipe

32 Lili July 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Loved those books. I have a question for anyone who see this :. Are u guys ever scared or worried bout ur post ?? Because some weirdos might read or follow u ? I’m new at bloggin . Just wondering.

33 Courtney July 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I guess it’s something you always think about a little bit, so that’s why I (along with what I’m sure is many others) am selective as to how much information I blog about :)

34 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

It is possible to be too heavy handed with feta cheese?! I LOVE the stuff and I put it on just about everything!! I have a feeling I would have been digging that crepe…

Christian Grey in real life. Ahhhh, if only!!! My husband probably wouldn’t be too thrilled with the idea, though ;-)
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..110 Calories of DE-LICIOUS

35 Nicole July 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh yum, I love the Whistling Kettle! I’ve only been once but it was SO good! I love the clotted cream and jam with the scones – reminds me so much of the traditional way they do it in England :)

36 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm

that crepe looks so good!!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..feta stuffed chicken with black bean puree

37 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. July 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

How do you have so many empty jars of peanut butter?!
Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..Wandering in A Strawberry Farm

38 Courtney July 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Hahaha…my husband and I eat a lot of peanut butter ;-) (plus the last one I had came from my friend, I think!?)

39 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. July 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

But you don’t reuse them right? Just a one-time thing? I’m impressed! I go through PB quite slowly….I need to start begging friends for their empty jars!
Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..Wandering in A Strawberry Farm

40 Courtney July 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Oh noooo, definitely not! It’s just a one-time deal ;)

41 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Your lunch looks so good! And unlimited iced tea… can it get any better?!

I don’t usually read many fiction books. The Diary of Anne Frank has been a favorite of mine for a long time–if it was possible to sit down and hear her story first-hand would be so amazing.
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Tri Like Angels

42 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess July 23, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I definately am loving 50 shades, I’m about to start the second one, but I honestly wouldn’t want to meet him in real life. Much to intimidating haha
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Birthday

43 Alysha @Shesontherun July 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Edward, duh! BTW, I think I need to recreate that crepe. YUM!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..First Repeat Run!

44 Madilyn July 23, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I would love if you saw my blog! Thanks! The link is below:

45 Claire July 23, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I was so tempted to say I would want Peeta from the Hunger Games, but I’m not sure if I would like him as much as I like him with Katniss…and I officially feel like a total dork for contemplating this on your blog. Ha, maybe I’d bring back Stephanie Plum from the book series & movie One for the Money-she is hysterical!

46 Bek @ Crave July 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Mmm savory crepes are yum! I enjoy eating out but definitely do feel sluggish occasionally- depends what I order really.

47 Sarah August 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

holy crap the ratatouille crape looks awesome! and the scone looks delicious!!
Sarah recently posted..Hair Chop