Firing Up the Wii

Awesome stuff has been happening around here today.

Like this Cherry Almond Smoothie Bowl I had for lunch.

Topped with plenty of Kashi Go Lean + Love Grown Foods granola.

Then there this evening’s dinner…

It sort of looks like pizzas, right? BUT…no pizzas today. Winking smile

Mine: mozz cheese, red peppers, onions, corn off the cob, zucchini, grilled chicken, feta, and spices.

His: lots of mozz cheese, red peppers, onions, chicken, and spices.

Once the doughs were covered, they got a nice ‘ol roll, a couple slits in the top…

And voila…Garbage Bread!

I ended up buying a thing of whole wheat pizza dough at the store yesterday, figuring that we’d have a pizza on the grill at some point this week. But tonight, we both ended up being in the mood for some garbage breads.

It had been WAY too long since I last had a good garbage bread.

I ended up cutting my bread in half, sliced it up, and served it along with some heated up marinara sauce.

I love the end pieces for all of their doughy goodness…but I love the middle pieces for all the delicious innards.

Two of each = one yummy plate!

After dinner, Jay and I decided to fire up our Wii. I honestly cannot even tell you the last time we used our Wii. Over a year…easily. So we took a few minutes shuffling through all of the games we had just so we could remember what was even there.

We ended up playing Game Party 2, which is a mix of a bunch of games (beanbags, pong, skee ball, hoops, jarts, etc.)

Originally, we were going to go through each of the games once but I think somebody got tired of losing…

And I’ll give ya a hint. It wasn’t me.

I kick some butt with my games. Winking smile

It was nice to do something a little fun and different in the evening, rather than just hang out and watch TV like we usually do. We may have to fire it up more often…just as long as a certain somebody doesn’t mind another whoopin’. Bahaha.

Question for the Morning:

Were you ever/are you into any different kinds of video games?

Growing up, I had the original Nintendo and loved playing Mario Bros. 3, Contra, Life Force, Paperboy, Wheel of Fortune, Tetris, and I’m sure many, many more!

1. Melissa @ says

Ive never had garbage bread but that looks goooooood. Omg we haven’t payed our wii in forever either. Growing up I had Nintendo and a gameboy…I loved Tetris, pong, and Mario brothers, lol. Sounds like a nice night! :)
    Melissa @ recently posted..Sweatbath

2. Heather T. says

AHH remember that game we used to love playing on the Nintendo?? I think it was called Arkanoid or something like that.

• Courtney says

OMG yes!!! How could I have forgotten??? That was a faaaavorite! I thought of you with this because your house was the only one I could play Paperboy at 😉

Oh my goodness, I had to google just to check and make sure I was right. But I remember playing ZELDA. Hahahaha. And some duck hunting game where we got to shoot at the guns on the screen. At the time, I remember thinking that it was so cool how technology was so advanced that it had a sensory thing to indicate where I was pointing. Who knew it would just expand x 123124234?
    Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..Dipped Bitty S’mores

4. Mollie says

your dinner has me drooling as I am getting ready to fall asleep :) I would never have thought to put corn in garbage bread but I bet it was such a great addition-some sweetness and crunch! yum

5. Jordan says

As a kid I played plenty of Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Bust-a-Move. Then I became the biggest fan of the Playstation game Kingdom Hearts. I’d seriously like to break that game out again, because it’s so much fun.

i most definitely need to make us some garbage bread one of these days! i know i’d looove it and so would the hubby.
    i used to play super mario bros allll the time on super nintendo! and then even before that the duck hunt game on the regular nintendo. those were the good ol’ days! 😉

My parents still have a working original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64. Whenever we go to visit, my husband and brothers always make sure they fire it up! Gotta love Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt!

I’m a fan of the Wii, but we don’t have a very big game selection. I can play Wii Sports for hours without getting bored!
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Team Jacob

How funny about video games! It looks so fun.

My husband and I actually met because of video games–our first “date” was an epic Guitar Hero faceoff!

(Oh, and ohmygosh, that food looks amazing!)
    Katie recently posted..Serving Sizes

Nintendogs, MarioKart, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in Beijing, and Wii Sports are just some of my favorites.

I haven’t used our Wii in a long time! I should probably play a game in the next couple of days. :)

omg that looks so easy and yummy! My meals have been getting insanely boring, so this will be great. I loved the original Nintendo, but my favorite was the Super Nintendo. Yoshi’s Island with the baby Marios was the best game EVER.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..The S Word

Something that is probably a little bit unexpected about me: I’m definitely a gamer. I grew up with a Sega Saturn, followed by a Playstation and and Playstation 2, and more gameboys than I could keep track of.

Right now I have an Xbox and a Wii – whenever I find myself with some downtime in the evenings I’ll fire it up and play for a while – Just find it relaxing!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It’s Not Lobster, But It’ll Do.

Growing up my parents did not allow video games in the house. When I got older we had Tetris and Cubert on the computer but that was it. The first time I ever played any kind of video game was in college. I am TERRIBLE. I can never get those controllers to do the right thing…and what is up with all the buttons?! I cant keep them all straight! lol
    Laura recently posted..Fish Eggs and Chicken

My taste buds are doing somersaults in my mouth right now wishing they had some of that garbage bread to try. That looks really incredible and I WILL be making it sometime soon!!

Oh gosh, I remember playing Pac-Man, Tetris and Frogger on the old school Atari!! Then we moved on to Super Mario Bros with the original Nintendo and it seemed so much more advanced than Atari. How far we have come!! I am not a big video game person now but I do find myself playing Angry Birds, Words With Friends and Temple Run more often than I should!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Take Me Out to the Ball Park

14. Annie says

Approximately how much dough did you use for your garbage bread? I didn’t know about this at all and can’t wait to recreate it!

• Courtney says

I split one full pizza dough into two and made the two breads that way. You can still make them with one full, or even divide them up smaller if you wanted to! Just be sure to pinch those edges in as you roll it up! :)

• Annie says

Thanks! I can’t wait to see the faces of my friends when I tell them they’ll be having garbage for dinner lol!

Oh my word that garbage bread looks amazing! I was definitely expecting pizza until I finished scrolling down! :)
    I grew up on atari (completely aging myself)…..Pac-man. Holy cow I loved that game. We did get a Nintendo growing up, but I think I only got as far as Mario Brothers and got disinterested. But I love Just dance on the Wii!
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Vitamin D what??

Oh man, I love Nintendo!! My *favorite* Wii games are Epic Mickey and Rayman Origins – I’m working on my fourth play-through of Mickey and my second of Rayman. They’re that good! (I’ve actually never gotten rid of a system, but all the old ones are in the closet, not out 24/7 like the Wii is.)

That garbage bread looks SO delicious. I can’t wait to try it – I actually think I have everything I’d need to make it tonight, so maybe I’ll give it a whirl after work! Seems like a great way to use up leftovers.
    Kelly recently posted..1500 Calorie Day (Split of Milk and Unwanted Chips Edition)

Whoa, those garbage breads look AMAZING!

I remember the day that we got original NES like it was yesterday. I was glued to Tetris, Mario Bros. (3 is the best!) & Paper Boy for years. I actually still have my NES, all these years later. I have to blow in the games a TON to get them to work but it still does! :)
    Trisha recently posted..Back to Life, Back to Reality